“A great place for kids to stay and play!”

Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #128 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Nixa, Missouri
“A great place for kids to stay and play!”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed in a atrium room across the parking lot from the main building. I was hesitant to book one of these rooms because of the negative comments. But I really wanted to save the extra $40 so I went ahead with the atrium room. Much to my happiness the room was very clean and newly renovated. The carpet and all the furnishings were new. The beds were fine and I'm sure the same as the beds in the tower rooms. The room had a mini fridge and a microwave, which was not even listed as an amenity. The hotel was very quiet and well equipped. Even though it was the middle of winter is was not a bid deal to walk a few feet across the parking lot for the water park. Honestly I would rather walk across a parking lot than deal waiting on a elevator in the tower. The water in the water park was warm unlike the water at Grand Country Splash. The lazy river almost felt like hot tub temps. The kiddie pools were warm and they even had a nice warm larger adult sized pool. The water slides were great and one was even scary for adults. The seating around the kiddie pools is nice and open so parents can be comfortable to lounge while watching little ones play. It is very clean and well maintained. The lifeguards are attentive and friendly. I have been to both indoor water parks in Branson, and Castle Rock is a much better choice over Grand Country. For health reasons the chlorine is pretty strong, but that is required so I would just recommend bringing goggles.

Room Tip: Atrium rooms are just as nice as tower rooms. You get a microwave and mini fridge. If you have a sma...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed at the Castle Rock Resort and Waterpark on 11/1/13-11/3/13. The deal was good with the Livingsocial voucher we got for our stay there. The waterpark was fun for the kids however the water temperature in the pool was a bit too cool for us. They only open one water slide at a time which was a bummer for the kids to wait for. There was no hot tub which was a disappointment. Our room was okay with the little bunk area for the kids. the room was much too warm which I don't get cold easily so if it's too warm for me then you can imagine the room was extremely warm. It was hard to get a good night rest in. We had to turn on the AC. The livingsocial deal was good for our short getaway trip however we will try another place next time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Conwway
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed in the building across the parking lot from the main hotel. It was purchased as part of a Groupon Deal. Our room was to be non-smoking, but obviously had been a smoking room; the sheets even smelled. We asked for a king; we got a double. The mattresses on the both of the double beds were terribly uncomfortable. The rest of our party, who stayed in the main hotel, urged us to request a new room after the first night. We went twice to the registration desk, BUT we were faced with line of 3 or 4 people in front of us. We will not stay again, but the rest of our party who had a small child was happy with their stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Branson hotels

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Due to other reviews, I have always been hesitant to stay here. However, when a great deal (50% off) popped up on AR Daily Deals, I couldn't resist booking a weekend getaway. We stayed in a tower room on the 4th floor next to the stairwell. It was amazingly quiet, very spacious, had an abundance of towels and blankets, and was clean/comfortable. My son loved the bunk bed alcove. I enjoyed a bed that I didn't sink into (so many hotel beds almost swallow you up for lack of support). The Waterpark's best features were the tube slide and lazy river. Front desk clerk was friendly. We did not eat at the Tower Grill, so I cannot comment on it. Lots of easy to find ice/vending areas along with a neat shop in the lobby. We will definitely visit again if I can find another deal. For the full price, I would rather stay at the Hilton, but for the deal price, I could become a regular at Castle Rock.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Alicia_rhae
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I have 4 children, 2 of which are twins. My older two, are 9 and 5, both have birthdays in December. We picked Castle Rock for the fun of the water park for one of their gifts. Upon arrival, the front desk was very helpful, with detailed explanation. The lobby is very inviting and clean. When we got to our room, we were very surprised at the size! It was very roomy and even had a side room with bunk beds and a TV for the older kids! They LOVED this feature, it was their personal "mansion"! The room was very clean, and beds were comfortable. The refrigerator and flat screen TV was a bonus! The kids spent about 4 hours at the water park, with only a 1 hour break. The slides were the big hit, using an inner tube raft to go down before you splash into a pool. The lazy river was a nice break when they needed a breather. My two year old twins also had a great time in the kiddie area. The lifeguards are constantly walking around the pool areas for safety. I was truly surprised at the attention to detail they provide. (Even the towels were warm!) My family had a great time and will most definitely be back!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Miami, Oklahoma
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Arrived after check in time. Was given room keys and went to the room opened the door and it was trashed. The hall ways were freezing and dirty. However the staff was friendly and the life guards were diligent and it was great to see them do their jobs efficiently.

• Stayed December 2013
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Traveling with 2 three year olds,a seven year old, and 4 adults. We got a tower room with 2 beds and bunk beds. TV in the bunk area was nice! Water park was great for the age of our kids. Room was clean. Beds were kind of small, but for a one night stay it was ok. Booked the room through Travelocity and armbands to water park were included with room. Thank goodness because they were 15$ each but good for the entire stay. Yes you can smell the chlorine but not so much inside the room. Would have packed beach towels because you can't take pool towels outside of the pool area. It was cold getting to the room to change. Kids had a great time.

• Stayed December 2013