“Worth the trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #122 of 140 Hotels in Branson
“Worth the trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was impressed on the indoor water park. However my only suggestions where that they needed more lifeguards on duty to open up all the attractions at once. And finally since it is a place of constant water flowing more repairs or beautification on the water pipes and structures. Rust to a customer doesn't look appealing.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Javy_69

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Scott City, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We really enjoyed staying at this hotel. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The waterpark is excellent! I was very impressed with the amount of life guards on duty and they did NOT take their job lightly, they didn't sit around and/or chit chat with each other. Our room had bunk beds for the kids and I like the arrangement of them, kind of in their own little cubby (with their own tv), it was nice getting up early and getting around without waking the kids. My only complaint (which kept me from giving 5 stars) is the restaurant--it was terrible!! We only had breakfast here. They do have a buffet but it was not pleasant looking at all so we ordered. All of our food came in styrofoam boxes, even though we told them we were eating there. The food was really not good at all. I also feel like with the price of this hotel, they should have had continental breakfast but they do not. There was no air conditioning in the restaurant either so it was terribly hot in there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank 531Kathy14
Gower, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

If my daughter hasn't won a free hotel stay, I definitely would not have stayed here. They put us in a room that was two buildings away from the main hotel. Motel like at best. Bathroom was dirty, mold in the shower. Water park was fair at best. The few times we did swim the slides were closed or there weren't enough tubes so you couldn't use the one slide. Since we were off the main building we had to go to the desk to get more towels, they wouldn't bring them to the room. I would not pay to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank angee9957
Bunceton, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My family and I are frequent visitors of Castle Rock Resort and Water Park In Branson since 2010. We just returned from a 3 night stay. The hotel staff were very attentive to our needs. They were prompt when we asked for extra towels and wash clothes. The staff at the front desk was very courteous and helpful. Our rooms were cleaned every day by the time we returned to our rooms. The rooms are so spacious and extremely clean! The beds are older, but they are comfortable. We stayed in the Tower rooms (double rooms with bunk beds). We had adjoining rooms (me and my kids, my mom and my sister).

The waterpark is very well staffed with lifeguards walking around at all times. While we were there, a few of the life guards were practicing life saving techniques in the pool. All life guards were very nice and attentive to my kids. One day when the water slide was roped off, one life guard came and opened it up for me and my kids. The water was perfect temperature and all the pools were so nice and clean. Yes, you smell the chlorine, as many people mention in their reviews, but it wasn't as overpowering during our visit. My children are ages 5 and 8. They felt completely safe and secure using all parts of the water park. As a parent, I felt so relaxed knowing there were plenty of lifeguards around.

I do think the resort could use a program allowing discounts for frequent visitors, and also include breakfast in the Tower Grill for the price you pay. It would also be nice to have a fitness center as well! Just a few friendly suggestions.

I truly do not understand all the negative reviews for this resort. If anyone has any questions for me, I would be more than happy to answer them. I totally recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a tower room with the kids bunk beds!!! WELL WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Melissa F
Joplin, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

It was really fun. I loved the water park! The rooms were nice too. The beds were comfortable. The water park was fun. The water was a good temperature. My fave slide was the big swirly one. I fell of my tube! You should go!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tru O
Branson, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Beds hurt my back a lot and they have no free breakfast!! $200 per night one would assume you could have a minimal breakfast at least! You must pay for breakfast. The Waterpark is really all they have to offer. Stay in a cheap/better hotel and get a day pass to Waterpark for $15

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kcinkc913
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Well when I walked into the lobby to check in the smell of chlorine hit me in the Face. The accommodations were better than they appeared online. That made happy. The front desk staff were very friendly, but slow and they were under staffed. When I went into the water park the chlotine fumes were so strong in hag to leave. My husband stayed and played with the girls but later said the chlorine had given him a headache like it did to me. Not overly impressive rides. If the fumes weren't so bad we might come back, but that makes it a deal breaker. It was a bit dirty in the water park area.

• Stayed May 2014