“business”

Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #124 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 5 January 2010

the young maint guy seemed really professional. the pool looked great everythging was great in my opinion i wilkl be here again..

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 December 2009

The beds were uncomfortabe. The staff were not friendly. The front desk called our room twice and told us to be quiet and all were doing was walking in the room after 10:30. There were kids running in the halls and down the stairs case and it wasn't us. Any additional quests staying in room and and you don't have enough wrist bands for the water park they charge you 20.00. To me that is stupid. We stayed there in the summer I was charged to sit out by the pool and I don't even swim or get in the water. The floor is more comfortable than the bunk beds. The restaurant is more like a grill and are over over price . The staff is not friendly. We were at the pool and they ran out of towels. Check in time on Sunday is 4 and the pool closes at 5. The hours for the water park need to be longer since that is why you go there in the first place. I brought 4 gift cards for family over the year I won't do that again. I would go to the other water park it also has hot tubs. We also has scheduled another trip and they canceled it because they had a problem with water when we were. My grandson was itching and had spots on him. They seem not to care.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank dopey16
Reviewed 15 December 2009

Waterpark was a lot of fun they had plenty of lifeguards who really did a great job of watching the kids..The rooms were nice, the kids were really excited about the bunk beds until they laid down on them..Believe me and all the other reviews when the say the beds are hard (I thought how bad could they be?)They are bad!!!! We got up and left on a Sunday morning at 6:00am because none of us could stand to lay in those HARD AS A ROCK BEDS anymore...

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2009

Overall service was good. My husband was surprised and not happy that there was not a free continental breakfast. There really should be for the price of the rooms. We felt menu in restaurant (more like a snackbar/cafeteria) was overpriced for what you get. We don't have children and feel like maybe we paid extra for waterpark that we didn't use. Overall wasn't a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ellaspears63
Reviewed 15 November 2009

We stayed at the Castle Rock in Branson with 2 couples and 3 kids 12, 8 and 5 in the Main Building on the 3rd floor. Overall the hotel was clean and reasonably well maintained. The rooms we stayed in where of a suite type with 2 double beds and a kids set of buck beds. The kids bunks were not all that comfortable as they had approximately 2 inches of foam over a a hard base. The double beds where of average comfort. The shower was hot and had sufficient towels. The pool area is a water park with a lap/play pool up to 5 foot depth, 2 slides, a todler zero entry splash pool and a "lazy river". During our stay the lazy river appeared to have a significant algae problem that kept us out. The restaurant appeared to be of average to low quality but we didn't eat in it.

For the money you should also consider the Grand Country Inn if you are looking for an indoor water park in Branson, MO. Castle Rock's has 3 advantages over this property. All of the rooms at Castle Rock's Main Building connect indoors to the water park (there are out side buildings as well). This is probably the main advantage depending on the time of year. The rooms in the main building are quite large. The Castle Rock has a dedicated kids sleeping area in its rooms.

We have stayed at both properties a couple of times now, so have experience at both. In the end the hotel portion of Castle Rock is probably better then the alternative indoor water parks. The Castle Rock hotel is quiet and the rooms are larger, but there is a better choice when it comes to the water part of a Branson trip.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank BransonVetran
Reviewed 8 November 2009

My family and I stayed at Castle Rock last night and we enjoyed it for the most part. The water park was fun for the small kids, but I would say any kids over 9 or 10 wouldn't enjoy it as much. ITt was really nice to see all the life guards. The room was a nice size, and the additional room with the bunk beds were handy. The kids loved having their own flat screen. I wish the air conditioner really meant it when it gave the high, low, auto options. I opted for high, but it stayed on the auto option and kicked off and on all night. My back hurt in the morning from the hard beds! Breakfast this morning was not very good for the money. The biscuits were burnt and the eggs tasted so bad the kids wouldn't even eat them. They advertise a certain price and then added extra for drinks, which added up quickly with four kids. Overall the customer service was good and we would stay there again, but only if we get a discounted rate again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2009

I nearly canceled my reservation after reading all the poor reviews from earlier in the year. I understand that some may have had bad experiences when the hotel first opened, but it seems that all that has been resolved. We arrived in mid-August, and we thought it was a blast. Sure, not a "high end" resort like some may think, but not a low end hotel either. Its somewhere in the middle for "quality." Check in was fine, only 2 behind the desk at the time, and the line grew behind me....but we were pleased they let us check in two hours earlier than check in time. The water park was great, especially for little ones. Outside, a 3' pool, and a 1' wading pool with a couple of nice slides. Lots of area for parents to sit in chairs, chaise loungers, and tables with umbrellas. Inside, 2 other 3' pools, a 7" wading area for itty bitty kids, and another large 1' wading area with three cool slides. Lots of water and sprinklers squirting everywhere. Upstairs was the lazy river, 2' 4" deep. The only issue I had with that is that it went faster than expected for a "lazy" river. The current was fairly fast, and for a beginning swimmer, it may be too much for them without a flotation device or life jacket (of which they had tons for kids to use). My daughter is learning to swim, and at times I felt she might have gone under if she got caught with other people in their rafts, and she was pinched between. Once I saw her hand go up as she went under the water, and the lifeguard jumped up....but her head bobbed up a second later..... I told her to stay away from the rafts, b/c she could get pulled under. Lots of fun though, water everywhere for those who like to get wet! As for the room quality, the vanity was a nice marble, carpet was clean, bathroom was new and clean, beds were clean, the only thing I thought could have been improved was there was no refrigerator or microwave.

PROS: lots of lifeguards at the pool, and they werent just sitting around either. Very alert, walking around the entire time, watching the pool. Towels provided, no need to take any. Felt very safe, and we didnt use a locker. Nothing was ever touched. Lots of tables around to sit. Kids loved the pool areas, and our older child liked the water slide. (the other one was not working). Nice and clean rooms, no bugs (like another post mentioned), clean linens, nice TV, cool area for the kids to sleep in the bunk beds..... Another plus for a fussy mom, the public bathroom outside the pool area was clean and nice. Lots of showers for those who stay across the lot in the other hotel. We will visit again.

CONS: no continental breakfast... strange that a hotel this nice doesnt have an area for breakfast, but they told me I could get b'fast in the restaurant. We never did visit the restaurant, b/c we had places we wanted to eat off site. Laundry facilities were still not in order as they have on their hotel map. I went to check so I could do a load before leaving, and the hook ups are there, but no machines. I never did ask tho, if there were machines on another floor. I agree the beds are hard as rocks, and creak when you move. I am one tho that travels with ear plugs due to "noises" not heard at my house. So I plug up every time I travel. I couldnt sleep the first night very well due to the mattress, but I was so tired the 2nd nite, I did sleep. Kids will sleep anywhere, so they didnt complain. Another "issue" for me personally, that doesnt affect my family is "noises." I noticed I could hear bratty kids upstairs jumping on the beds and running thru the halls....... didnt notice noise from neighbors on the same hall we were, but upstairs, yes. This could be at any hotel, however.

Our only "complaints" were the laundry facility and we had to get our cards recharged the 2nd day. Ive been at other hotels where cards need recharged, so that's no biggie. Considering all the other complaints on this website, ours were very minor. If you're expecting a high end hotel, this is not the place. I put the quality as one you might have at a 2 or 3 star, but still very clean and nice (especially considering the water park connected). I think I would say this only due to the beds......at other hotel chains, they have NICE mattresses & linens. And, they have microwaves and refrigerators. So these amenities for me, mark this hotel a little lower than expected.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family