“Every thing is right there, you never have to leave. Cleanest place we have stayed!!!!”

Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #124 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Mountain View, Arkansas
Reviewed 10 March 2011

We had our 10 year old and 5 year old grandsons and they both had a blast. If you stay in the tower building you do not have to go outside to get to the water park. you can get anything you want to eat without leaving the building. The water park was fun for all ages. The lifguards patrol non-stop which is a good feeling.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
CastleSplash, General Manager at Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for sharing your comments; we look forward to being of great service to you and your family time and time again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
tulsa
Reviewed 28 February 2011

this is our 2nd year to attend Castle Rock with our large family. We have found the customer service to be outstanding and exceptional. The whole family has a grand time. The kids can play in the park and the parents are still able to supervise them. The life guards were very kid friendly and patient with the kids. The rooms are always clean and the new mattresses in the k ids bunks are so much better! Having their own bunk beds and tv makes for fun for the kids. We always eat breakfast and lunch in their dining area and have never been disappointed....in fact they make the best smoothies! The location is perfect for anywhere you are going on the strip. We will be back at Castle Rock with our family (40 people in all)...enjoying family time again next year.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your loyalty and excitement. It would be our pleasure to have your family back at our resort!
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed 27 February 2011

I live in Branson and decided to book the family suite (in the Tower) for my daughter's birthday. My husband checked in first. The first room had toothpaste stains on the bathroom mirror and urine stains on the toilet , so we were moved. I'm not sure the second room was better. The door handle to the bathroom was broken and the towel bar broke off the wall simply by hanging a towel up. There were stains on the bed sheets. There was crumbled chips, popcorn, and loose change all over the floor and even in the bunkbeds. Found a pair of dirty underwear in the drawer and a dirty sock in the hide-a-bed. My husband was so sickened by this room, he left and went home. The manager's response to these complaints was "We are fixing everything that is coming to my attention." Really??? It shouldn't be like this in the first place. I'm not sure they own a vacuum. On the other hand, the waterpark was fun. Had 4 teenagers and an 8 yr old and we all enjoyed ourselves there but the hotel itself is much to desired. It was filthy and way too overpriced considering the ONLY amenity is the waterpark.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank thinmint66
CastleSplash, Manager at Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, 4 March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your disappointments regarding your stay here at Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark. I sincerely apologize for the problems that you experienced with your room. I can assure you that the difficulties you have indicated have already been addressed.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 February 2011

The 2 things you have to get right in the Hotel business is Good customer service and a good bed. Castle Rock fails miserably in both areas. My family and i booked a 4 night stay over the Thanksgiving Holiday. BIG MISTAKE!!!! The rooms and beds are not acceptable on any level. When I went downstairs to check out the man at the desk said that he knew the beds were bad and that he would change me to a room that had new beds. I went and checked out the other room only to find it was as bad if not worse than the previous room. He had told me that if it was not acceptable he would cancel my reservation and return my money. When i returned he said that i would have to speak with the manager. She arrived and was defensive and condescending stating that they require a 24 hour notice to cancel a room. I asked how I was to know that the beds were unacceptable without sleeping in one first. She said that since I was not satisfied and would not stay there again, why would she refund or allow the credit? She mocked me when I told her that I had 250 employees and would not recommend Castle Rock to any of my employees. This is a poor choice for a family stay. The Splash Mountain Resort for an indoor pool is a much better choice.It is older but the staff is much more helpful.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank ndntravel
Hutchinson, Kansas
Reviewed 8 February 2011

We came to Branson for a few days of relaxation and we got it! The waterpark was lots of fun, the kids really enjoyed it! The hotel room was very nice for the price, the beds were very comfortable. My younger children enjoyed the extra nook with the bunkbeds and having their own TV. Our family will definately come again and we would recommend Castlerock to anyone!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Harrison, Arkansas
Reviewed 6 February 2011

Had a wonderful time at Castle Rock. The rooms are spacious and clean. The employees were very helpful and courteous. I would recommend this to anyone. Even though my kids are teenagers, they enjoyed the water park. Restaurant food was very good. I will be coming back soon. Thanks Castle Rock!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Hogfan99
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We booked three nights at Castle Rock with our two kids. The indoor water park as a prime consideration. We had a large room with two double beds, a foldout bed and a kid’s “cozy” bunk bed room. Open arrival, we found some amenities in the bathroom were not cleaned and somewhat nasty. Some of the hardware in our room such as door knobs and towel handles were broken or would fall off the wall. The room itself was very large and accommodating.

We expected more of the indoor water park. I expected something similar or slightly lesser quality than a Great Wolf Lodge or Coco Key water park. Castle Rock’s water park is NOT at the same level or even close. To be fair, the kids seemed to enjoy the waterpark. If your kids are under age 10 the indoor water park could be ok. As it was winter time, no outdoor water activities.

In regards to cost, Caste Rock is too expensive. Paid $630 for three nights including the water park admission. Service at the front desk was fair. Simply too costly for the hotel’s features and services. I would not recommend Castle Rock to others.

Additionally, do not purchase tickets for events and attractions from the concierge’s desk. We were overcharged even with the “2 for 1 pricing”. I suggest purchasing tickets directly from admission offices at your desired attractions.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends