“Beautiful, family friendly condo”

Grand Crowne Resort
Reviewed 19 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the one bedroom deluxe with jaquizzi & full kitchen. We had an adjoining one bedroom standard. Both were very nice!! Lots of room, very clean, fully stocked, very well priced. We usually stay on the lake but they were booked, so our first time staying here and won't be our last!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Cindi R
Amy H, Manager at Grand Crowne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a positive review about your stay. We are very glad you enjoyed it and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 7 November 2012

We stayed there once and due to a billing error in the office we are not going to get our full week stay. The lady I spoke to in the office was extremely rude and I quickly realized that I was going to get nowhere in correcting the error. Now I am at the end of my contract and they continue to bill me. They have already told me they plan to bill me next month. My contract expired in October! I'm not sure how this is going to turn out. I feel like this whole thing is a scam and we definitely did not get what we paid for!

• Stayed: December 2011
Amy H, Manager at Grand Crowne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

We are very sorry for your negative review of our resort, it looks to me like you may have purchased a sample package to return to the resort for a week within one year. We would be very happy to correct any billing error and ensure you get everything you paid for. Please call our Customer Service Department as soon as possible at 1-866-894-9700 Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CST.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

We booked online, two bedrooms, two kitchens, two family rooms, laundry, etc. There were five of us, including my mother, sister and two cousins. It wasn't Grand Crowne's fault it rained on Friday and either drizzled or was cold on Sat! Sunday was beautiful. We paid very little apiece for the three nights, the hideabeds assigned to my sister and I were just that. We had A & B units. Both had jet tubs and even better, four bathrooms! The furnishings appeared to be in good repair, the appliances all worked. There were only a few pieces of cookware in the kitchen, but we had two kitchens! We wanted to put together a strada for breakfast on Sunday. No one asked us even once if we wanted a time share presentation. Three of us already own time shares and at our ages, none of us are interested. My timeshare is with Club Intrawest and those resorts are furnished and presented beautifully, usually contemporary. However, there wasn't anything wrong with the traditional furnishings in the Carriage Place, the rooms were spacious and we would definitely book the same resort in the future for family reunions or another 'girls' weekend to shop and chat. The elevator being used by maintenance and housekeeping is my only pet peeve. My mother is 86 and had to use the elevator. Twice we needed to wait more than 20 minutes for the elevator because maintenance had it stopped. For verification purposes, the rooms were booked and billed to my sister's name, initials G.M.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Bingo47
Amy H, Manager at Grand Crowne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Thank you for your positive review of the resort. We appreciate you taking your time and appreciate your business! We hope to see you again on vacation!

Reviewed 29 September 2012

We stayed at the Branson condos last week and I was really satisfied at first glance. Then when I realized that my daughter's feet were BLACK from the disgusting carpets. I also had to wash the sheets for the hide-a-bed before using them as they smelled very musty and dirty. The shower head was loose, and the toilet continued to run after use. If these things were improved I'd have no problem recommending this place to others.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Lisa1182
Amy H, Manager at Grand Crowne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

We appreciate your comments and would love the opportunity to address your specific issues. If you would take a moment to email us at helpme@grandcrowneresorts.com with your name, date of stay, any information that would help us identify what unit you stayed in, we would greatly appreciate it.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

I traded two timeshare weeks through II for two side-by-side 3-bedroom lockoff condo units for a family vacation at the Grand Crowne. The balconies were great for sitting with morning coffee or afternoon drinks as view overlooking the golf course was nice. We had lots of room for everyone, using one of the larger units as our general gathering place. We didn't experience any noise from neighboring units as others mentioned in their reviews. The resort is well maintained, clean and the units are nicely furnished. The timeshare sales pitch while picking up a parking pass was annyoying and it would be helpful if the resort staff communicated more to the guests - trash pickup details, how to operate the jetted tubs, changes mid-day to the wifi passwords, etc. But otherwise, we truly enjoyed our stay. The indoor pool room is extremely humid, so it would have been nice to have an outdoor pool on the property as opposed to driving to their sister resort.

Room Tip: Bldg 2, A-B-C units on Floor 2 were very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank jtay58

We appreciate your comments and will pass on your suggestions. We are always adding new amenities to our properties and appreciate your input. Best of luck in your travels!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We were in a lock-off and were on the C side. Be aware that most units are lock-offs here, with A-B and sometimes C units. Our one bedroom Bldg2 unit 401C was spacious, but the appiontments were cheap and cheesy. They put up a solid concrete structure but went cheap with just a basic build-out. The people in the B side were extremely noisy and left AT 4AM on a Sunday morning!!! It sounded like they were remodeling the place and I actually had to get dressed and go tell them to be quiet. We did not enjoy our stay due to noise issues and will not be back. This is very common with cheap build-outs... the noise from kids, adults, water pipes, etc is endless. If you are reading this PLEASE have some manners and tread lightly when you travel. There is never a need to slam anything or talk loudly inside your own unit. Don't walk around in hard soled shoes... everyone can hear it. And keep your kids QUIET!

The basics:
The golf course location was nice.
The check in and check out were efficient, but I skipped getting a parking pass and talking to the high pressure scam artist they call a concierge at timeshares. : )
The shower in our unit was a bit weak.
The internet was easy to access and quick enough.
The bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: If you are noisy (kids or pets) please get a bottom floor unit. They call these Garden View rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wreednelson

Reviewed 8 September 2012

We made our reservation before checking Trip Advisor reviews and I am glad we did, because some of the negative ones may have kept me from staying at the Grand Crowne; however, we found our stay to be mostly good. Check in was smooth although there was a little bit of pressure to take their tour in exchange for heavily discounted tickets. We set one up, but canceled it the next day after deciding we did not want to, and there was absolutely no problem with canceling and the concierge said they would still obtain discounted tickets for us for any shows, although the discounts would not be as great.

The unit was spacious and more than adequate for 4 adults. Even the smaller unit had its own full size kitchen, two TVs and a washer/dryer. The larger unit had a bigger kitchen, two TVs, and two bathrooms, one large one with tub and shower and lots of sink/counter space and a washer/dryer. There was a whirlpool tub, standup shower unit, and smaller sink area in the master bedroom with a separate toilet area.

The icemaker in the fridge was exceptionally good.

Everything was very clean except for one large spot on the carpet in the living area and one at the foot of the bed in the bedroom. The public areas were clean, including the fitness center.

WiFi was not super fast but certainly more than adequate and I only lost connection a couple of times during a whole week, and that's understandable in a mountainous region. Logging on was easy and fast, and we often had multiple laptops and netbooks being used at the same time with no problems.

There are minor improvements that should be made. Cooking utensils were skimpy. There were steak knives, but only one large knife and one small paring knife for preparing meals, and both of those were very dull and hard to use. The number of towels and wash cloths provided was adequate, but they were hard and stiff and need to be replaced. The sheets and pillow cases, however, were of good quality.

One thing that was nice was a phone call on our second day asking if everything was okay in the unit, if everything was working properly or if we needed anything.

Over the years we have stayed at three other Branson resorts and this is the best of the four.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank VirginiaGal85

Thank you for taking time to review our resort. We appreciate all input and ideas and wish you the best!