“If you want German food, don't go here.”
Review of Altenhof Inn

Altenhof Inn
Ranked #183 of 376 Restaurants in Branson
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: German, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Manhattan, Kansas
“If you want German food, don't go here.”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We went as a large group and were asked to call ahead with our menu choices. I thought this was to ensure enough time and prep for a delicious, home cooked German meal. Boy was I wrong. I should have read the reviews and just gone with the pizza. The view is fabulous and the live accordion music was entertaining. However, I was really looking forward to some traditional German food and what I got was an over priced TV dinner. I ordered schnitzel and spacetime, my husband had pork (a small piece of ham steak) with sauerkraut and potato salad, and between our kids they ordered a burger and small pizza. The order came to $73! Water is served in a plastic water bottle charged extra and so is the soda. This place was such a disappointment that I will not be back again.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Anonymous4014

Glasgow, Missouri
“Great view, Essen nicht so nett.”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

View was wonderful. Owner was friendly. Prices were high. Schnitzel was greasy and overlooked. Potato salad was not good. Red cabbage was overlooked. Everything was only warm, not hot. Dessert was fair. The owner "had not made" any strudel. Prices were high, but servings were fairly large.

Visited June 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great place to go with friends”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Not east to find. Very near Silver Dollar City. On a ridge overlooking Table Rock Lake so the views are terrific. VERY informal. Plastic tables and chairs on a deck informal. Variety of menu items including pizza (which was surprising for a german restaurant). The bratwurst and knackwurst were good but a bit bland and not really hot (lukewarm). Red cabbage and sauerkraut were same. Good selection of beers. Do not miss the apple streusel dessert. I was a bit disappointed that it was served cold (didn't think to ask or that I would need to ask to have it warm) but delicious. If you are in the area and looking for authentic German food, this is it. Not the best German food I have had, but it is very good.

• Visited June 2014
LV, PA
“Beautiful views with festive music”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you're staying in any if the Indian Point locations you should wander to find this location with its beautiful views. The food was fantastic. A welcome change to the Branson menu choices. Best potato salad!

• Visited May 2014
Wamego, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“TOO BAD!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We have wanted to try this German restaurant for years, being German ourselves, but everytime we've been down to Branson we haven't been able to catch it open during the hours we've driven by. So my husband and I were down in Branson to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary and I checked on when they were open to make sure we were able to go there this time. We were so excited to try this as we are used to very good German food with my mother-in-law and husband being from Germany. The food was ok......but not what we're used too, as it was rather bland and for the price, was too small of portions, so we ended up being disappointed with our dining experience and will most likely not be back. Our meal cost us w/tip over $60.00 and we left still hungry. The tip was a modest one as the waitress seemed to take too long with most everything, but in her defense, there should have been at least one other person to help her. We were also surprised when the check came to find that the "special for the night" of the Rouladen dinner cost more than the combo plate that actually had more food on it. I'm used to the "special" being at a more special price also. They could also offer two full slices of bread per each plate instead of 2 halves. Doesn't take much more to add a little more potato salad or spaetzle to the plate or another slice of bread so that you don't look chintzy. View was nice, owner was friendly, parking is somewhat limited.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Wendy H

Been to Altenhof Inn? Share your experiences!