“Branson Jewel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Branson Jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

We booked a 2 bedroom for 3 nights through the Armed Forces Vacation Club and what a bargain. This place exceeded all my expectations. What a clean and beautiful resort with easy access to all the shows. The 2 bedroom has a large living area with a dinning area,table & chairs for 6 people and kitchen w/bar like counter and stools.. Balcony that seats 4 has acesss to both the living area and to the large master bedroom which has a king bed w/large full bathroom and jacuzzi tub. 2nd bedroom is of medium size w/bathroom and shower.We had enough towels and dishes to support 6 people. This newer condo was super clean as well as the beautiful lanscapped grounds. Resort has 2 pools, one for children,and a playground.Main building has 2 available computers. Staff is very pleasant and well versed on area attractions. Discount tickets can be purchased for all the shows. I have rented a lot of nice resorts the past 10 years from AFVAC and this jewel exceeds all my past rentals.We were on a 15 day trip and I wish I had booked this place for a week. Believe me I will be back to enjoy this gem for a longer stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jpatbet
Billy-AsstGenManager, Manager at French Quarter Resort, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
5 out of 5. I am very pleased to see that we have met your vacation expectations. We appreciate the high score and thank you again for providing some feedback on your experiences.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Tecumseh, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Really enjoyed our stay at the French Quarter Resort. My sunny balcony overlooking the pool area was a wonderful spot to read and spend a relaxing morning. The location is very nice, because you are just far enough away that the grounds are quiet and peaceful, yet still quite close to many Branson attractions.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank beth036
I do hope we have another opportunity in the future to provide a 5 out of 5 vacation experience. Thank you for the reviews.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

We had a very nice stay at the French Quarter. It is at the end (or beginning) of Highway 76. So kinda nice to be out of the middle of Branson activity. We were in a 2 bedroom/2 bath downstairs unit. It was equipped with everything you need. It had a very large master bath with plenty of linens throughout. Flat screen tv's in both bedrooms and living room, stackable washer and dryer and a large dining table. The landscape is very well maintained, but this is not a gated entrance or exit complex. We were in a unit at the back of the property with quick access/entrance out of the complex. This would be a plus during peak times in Branson since traffic on 76 could be gridlock. We were there in somewhat an off season (early April) so some shows we're still closed. The Titanic exhibit was terrific, well worth the admission. Ninety minutes of very professionally layed out exhibit. Saw the Jim Stafford show, it was terrible with his two children doing 1/2 the show. He has been doing the show for 23 years and has a drone like quality. The Rib Crib was excellent on Tuesday with all you can eat pork ribs, service was great. A stroll along Branson Landing was also very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Upper floors have elevators
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank buckranger
Thank you for the nice comments and perfect score (5 of 5). I hope we have earned your trust for future vacations with us? We hope to see you back again and again.......and again.
Billy Hayes - Assistant Resort General manager
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

You say French Quarter, they say French Quater. When I first saw this misspelling on the phone covers in my room, I thought this lack of attention to detail would forecast a bad and disappointing stay. Thankfully, these typos were not a taste of things to come.

The location and staff at French Quarter are excellent. Although the site is away from the hustle and bustle farther down the strip and in downtown, the main highway is at the front door, and an alternative route to avoid traffic is at the back door. It's quiet but close enough to all the shows, restaurants, and entertainment you might want to enjoy.

French Quarter has several 4-story condo buildings, yet I did not receive any telemarketing calls during my stay. My 1-bedroom unit included a smallish bedroom with a full-size bed, small bathroom, and a kitchen/dining/living area. The space was more than enough for me to spread out and be comfortable during my visit, and I used the closet washer and dryer more than once. The furnishings were worn but clean and adequate. Because I was on the 4th floor, my unit included a large balcony that overlooked the hillsides of Branson. I especially enjoyed using the jets in the bathtub to relax after a long day of climbing, walking, and sightseeing around Branson.

The closet in the bedroom was small, yet I had plenty of room for my items. Although the unit was advertised to sleep 4, two people would have slept in the bedroom and two people would have slept on the pull-out couch. It would have been uncomfortable but doable for four people to share the one small bathroom. The kitchen/dining room/living area would have been very comfortable for four people.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. The gentleman who checked me in went out of his way to make me feel welcome, and Corey Engstrom at the ticket counter helped me find my way around. Internet access is not available in the units, but it is available until 10 pm at the main office. Every time I visited the office, the staff were friendly and helpful.

Staying in a condo is always a bit tricky. Sometimes I'm uncertain whether I need to bring cooking utensils, sheets and towels, or paper goods. French Quarter provides cooking and eating utensils plus sheets and towels for 4. Paper goods are enough for one person for a little over a week, but you can purchase extra paper towels and toilet paper at the office. Shampoo and soap were included in the bathroom, but I'm glad that I bought along my own things. Dish soap and dishwasher soap were more than adequate, but the unit included only one packet of laundry soap.

The primary reasons for my star rating are the lack of Internet availability in each unit; the need for some new furnishings; and the small size of the bedroom and bathroom. Yet these were offset by the great location, great staff, and peaceful atmosphere. When I return to Branson, I'll probably stay here again if the location meets the needs of myself and my travel party.

Room Tip: A 1-bedroom may be too small for 4 travelers. Internet is available in the office until 10 pm. Loo...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank redink46142
Thank you for the positive feedback. We appreciate you rating the resort at a 4 out of 5.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

This was our second time. We love this place, nice and quiet and location off the main strip which is good.

Rooms were comfortable for 2, kitchen and living room good size. Only thing missing was WiFi. You have to go to the check- in building to get internet.

No calls for timeshare and no charge for maintenance. Excellent, would definitely go there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Dawn27reed
Billy Hayes - Assistant Resort General manager
Saugus, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

We spent a week at The French Quarter in Oct., 2011. The location can't be beat as the back entrance is on the Yellow Route and literally 3 minutes from the back entrances of The Duttons, Caravell and Jim Stafford Theaters, making it very convenient to get anywhere, including the Jubilee grocery store. The Olive Garden and Cracker Barrell are an easy walk and the Red Route is just up the street.

A bit of advice about room location. Our original room was on the first floor in building 6 and there was a very high concrete wall only 10' or 12' from the patio, giving it a very claustrophobic feel. The front desk staff was more than accommodating in moving us to a 3rd floor unit in building 3 where we had a nice balcony. All of the 1st floor units have a patio, although none were as closed in as building 3, and all other units in all of the buildings have a balcony. We've stayed in 3 different time shares in Branson and would definately return to the The French Quarter, but I would make sure we did not have a 1st floor. We had the one bedroom unit and it was clean and perfectly adequate for the two of us for our stay.

The staff was friendly and very helpful. We purchased several show tickets from the concierge in the lobby and saved a few dollars on each. It was quick and easy and we had great seats.

Room Tip: All rooms on the 2nd floor and up have a balcony which we much preferred to ground level patios, esp...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank BaystateTravelers
Thank you for the positive feedback. We are happy to see we met your expectations. We certainly hope to see you again on another return trip - maybe you will be one of our newest owners one day?
Dublin Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

We had a 1 bed unit on the 4th floor, it was rather small by American standards but perfectly adequate for 2 people, it would ahve been very cramped for more than that. It was very well furnished and equipped except for the fact that the bedroom wardrobe was very small and the door to it was less than half of a normal size door. No other wardrobe. Bathroom very small, kitchen had little work space and it was part of the living room. But having said all of that we had a great time, the apartment was very clean, the grounds very tidy, in a quiet location yet on the top end of the strip, but you do need a car to get anywhere, no shop on site or nearby a few miles drive to do any real grocery shopping. Staff very helpful but reception closes at 10pm if you arrive late you have to make a phone call to get your keys.

Room Tip: Take the largest room if there are more than 2 in your party
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple