“Very Good”
Review of Shogun - CLOSED

Shogun
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We opted not to do the habachi so we ate at a table. The service was good and the food was excellent. I tried a dish that I'd never had before and it was surprisingly tasty. I would have never thought meat wrapped in a leaf would have been that good. :) I was surprised that it was as filling as it was and the soup was nice.
It was a nice experiece. The prices are mod. to exp. to me, so I don't know if we will venture there again. Basically tho, it was a fine place to eat.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

There are bad reviews on Shogun but we understand there are two Shogun restaurants in Branson. Too bad about the confusion, but this was absolutely excellent. Service was extremely friendly and the sushi arrived quickly (we had worried about sushi before going to a theater show because sushi can in some places take a long time) and was very good and fresh. We also had a tempura dish, which was also excellent. And they were sharp enough to know that saki needs to be really hot.

1  Thank traveler987Napa
Reviewed 4 October 2012

On a trip with a group of 11- went to this place & had a great time. Good service, good price & great food! Can't go wrong with hibachi!

2  Thank ad1916
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Our experience started with a very warm greeting by the owner "Roy."
We sat at the grille table, where you are entertained by a well trained chef with a sense of humor the whole time your wonderful meal is prepared before your eyes.
We ordered the"Ride the Duck" sushi for an appetizer.
There is an old wife's tale that is a false fact of sushi. All sushi is not raw fish! We have found this to be the very best sushi in Branson, but we have been to all of the restaurants to offer sushi yet.
Give this fantastic place a try. It is not inexpensive, so be prepared to spend a little more for a great meal. You pay more, you get more.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

From the address, it's not possible to tell WHICH Shogun on Highway 165 this entry is for. For the record, I'm writing about the one at the Welk Resort. Absolutely my worst Japanese Steakhouse experience ever. The storefront is reasonably inviting. However, one step inside and you'll realize that it's a run-down establishment. Waitress was nice enou, but not extremely competent. I know more about Hibachi cooking than the chef. The soup tasted like rotten fish. Entrees were overlooked. No show whatsoever. Cost is in line with other Shogun's but definitely NOT worth it. Stay away from this one - go to the one next to Sonic.