“Boring show...but good music”

Jukebox Journey Dinner Show
Springville
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Boring show...but good music”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I am never disapointed in Branson shows...however...this was a first. From the outside the Icon Theater looks huge...but, inside it's tiny! When you walk into the gift shop it's a decent size and the concession stand area is like your normal theater...but the actual performing area is tiny and upstairs. (there is an elevator) It's just in a small room with a little one step up stage with black hard chairs set up in rows. Not real theater seats...just hard back chairs. There are 2 little round tables set up next to the stage that we sat at. That was nice because there was a place to put our drinks. It is open first come first serve seating...and it's called a dinner show, but it's not like your Dixie Stampede dinner show...it's just a regular show and then you get a voucher to go to the Uptown Cafe down the street for a free meal. There, you can order anything you want with the exception of the shrimp meal, and you get dessert.

The music was good...it's oldies, 50s/60s rock and roll. I just felt like the singers and band weren't really into it, with the exception of the piano player. He seemed to be the only one having fun. The girls had good voices. The main guy was okay...nothing spectacular in my opinion... And afterwards when they came down for autographs I felt like the guys were kind of fishing for compliments. And I told the one guy how much I loved Branson and how I'd love to live there and he started saying it's not what it's cracked up to be...you would think he'd at least act excited to help promote the area...One thing I was impressed with was one of the girls actually remembered seeing us at another show she was at last year!! That's a good memory!

One thing I didn't like was when we picked up our tickets the man behind the counter was distracting the woman trying to help us by yelling at her about some theater business. That should have waited until the customers were gone. Then at the show, during intermission, my Dad heard the same man yelling at one of the band members for going to the concession stand to get water!! I don't know if he's the owner or the boss or what, but he should keep his attitude in check in front of paying customers! Made for uncomfortable situations.

So...all in all it's was just okay. It wasn't terrible...there was lively music, but I was bored and uncomfortable in my seat. Next year I will try and find a different 50's show to go to!

Visited May 2011
3 Thank Singingstar22

Been to Jukebox Journey Dinner Show? Share your experiences!