“Great stay for the weekend Branson Balloon Festival!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #125 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Pineville, Missouri
“Great stay for the weekend Branson Balloon Festival!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Wow! I've reviewed several of the recent reviews, and am really surprised at their negativity!

Had to find lodging for the weekend, so I would be able to work with the balloons during the Branson Balloon Festival.

I found this motel to be the least expensive available on trivago.com, a few days before actually making my reservations.

I called the motel when I was ready to make the reservations, and was surprised again when I was given a price even lower than what I'd seen on trivago!

I arrived earlier than the designated check-in time on Thursday, but had no problems or arguments from management.

Had a 2nd floor room on one end of the building, which proved to be advantageous on Saturday night!

The room was clean, inviting, and nice and cool upon entering. Linens were well stocked, bathroom well stocked with toilet paper, soap, and shampoo.

I made multiple trips between the motel and the Branson Recplex, as well as other destinations in town, during the weekend.

Friday and Saturday morning, upon returning to the motel after the morning flights, the "housekeeper" was busy cleaning rooms, but was sure to ask me if I needed any linens, cleaning, trash emptied, or any other housekeeping services. The manager also asked me the same question!

Saturday night, while sitting on the front patio, fireworks started going off at the property next door. Being right on the end of the building closest to the fireworks, I had a perfect view of the nearly 15 minute, continuous show! I found out, moments after the display, that this happens every Saturday night at that property!

On Sunday morning, check-out day, and the last morning of the Festival, our balloon flight and recovery took a bit longer than expected. So, I didn't make it back to the motel in time to check out by the designated time.

Once I realized that I wasn't going to make it in time, I called the motel to apologize for my oversight, and let them know that I'd be back to check out as soon as possible.

The manager was, again, very hospitable and told me not to worry about it, that it was no problem.

I was very pleased with everything about this motel. I proudly give them a 5-STAR KUDOS, and would highly recommend the motel for as long as you plan on being in Branson!

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank 292Dave
ABVIBranson, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 2 December 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are thrilled learn you enjoyed your recent stay at the Americas Best Value Inn in Branson. We appreciate your kind words about our property and thank you for taking time in spreading the word about us to other travelers

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stopped here at the last minute. This was one of the nicer looking budget motels close to Highway 76, but not on it. Price was definitely reasonable for a weekend night in this tourist-oriented location. Price quoted was good, then I got a military discount, too.

There are two king, "penthouse" rooms on the 4th floor. I had room 401. No elevator. Room was large, clean and the air was on, so it was cool when I checked in. This room has a refrigerator, microwave, bar sink and table small dining table with 4 chairs. It has instant-on hot water, so hot water came out of the cold faucet, too for about 30-45 seconds. Bar sink cold water did not work, but I didn't need a bar sink, as I was only there one night. I reported it, and the owner said he would have that fixed. All rooms open to the outside on the front of the building. There is a balcony off the back, but the door was blocked with a tight-fitting stick, and I couldn't open it. Unfortunate, since someone provided an unscheduled fireworks display from property next door that would have been visible from the balcony. However, it was really loud for about 15 minutes, and quite a few of the hotel visitors watched it from the parking lot out front. Since I was on the top floor with only one other room, I did not hear any noises from other occupants, except for the fireworks. Bed was pretty firm, but there were 4 pillows, and, a nice touch, the botton fitted sheet stayed on the bed! Carpet padding was awesome and cushy - probably new. Downside - the small sofa that probably opens into a full bed was old and worn and uncomfortable to sit on.

Bathroom was very clean, shower worked well - good pressure and plenty of hot water. Hand towels were new and fluffy. Bath towels, while not as new or fluffy, but were thick and big enough to wrap around most people.

Continental breakfast is included - no hot foods, except you can make instant oatmeal or toast bread and bagels. Cold cereal, milk and juice available, but you can't take breakfast back to your room - must eat in the dining area provided.

This is a mom and pop operation, and they're friendly and responsive. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms (there are only 2 rooms on the 4th floor) share one wall, very quiet and large, but...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank avidreader17

Willard Mo
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The only good thing I can say is they gave us a refund without arguing. This was possibly the worst room I've ever seen. Neither lamp in the "King Suite" worked, what looked like burn holes in the sheets, hair in the shower, stain on the pillow case and a gap under the room door where bugs could literally crawl under. NASTY!

• Stayed July 2014
ABVIBranson, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We understand that you lived close by and often people change their mind after making reservations. We returned entire non refundable deposit on a prepaid reservation as a principle that "It's better to keep room empty than keep guest unhappy and make them stay".

Thanks for taking time expressing your views. It always helps us to make improvements where they are needed. After your departure, we had house keeping double check any issues that were described.by you and I personally rechecked.

Thanks

Travellers are raving about these Branson hotels

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The room was clean, but it had a bad odor upon entering. I didn't like the fact the room didn't have all the towels stocked. A plus was the frig, but there wasn't a microwave. The 10 am checkout time was a definite negative for me. I stay in a lot of motels and haven' t had to checkout of any until at least 11.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for bringing to our attention the problem you had during stay at this property. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience.

We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. We appreciate your willingness to let us know where improvement is needed, so that we may continue to maintain our high standards.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Father and son trip to Hillbilly Vegas. For the money and what I am paying for wow! Praise God ! Where else can I get a hot shower separate bed, cold air conditioning , microwave and icebox. Oh yeah hot coffee in my room not to mention breakfast in the lobby. For this money it's not being wasted or wished somewhere else. Many will spend more on a show or a amusement ride. It's sad that folks want these basic needs, but don't appreciate an old saying " Ya get what you pay fur ".

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank lawnsbynatureandrew

Marshall, Missouri
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I booked this room based on affordability, trying to save money for the attractions in the area. Unfortunately, this was not the most attractive part of our anniversary. We had a room on the third floor which was not horrible, but then to part close to the room was an interesting deal. We checked in and the front desk person was courteous but that was about it. When we got to our room it was really dark for my liking so we turned on lights to find the lamp shade was worse for wear and really did not emit enough light to try. This was the first hotel in a long time that I have traveled that actually used a key instead of a electronic card for door access and our door was extremely hard to close, we actually had to slam ours to ensure that it was closed. In the process, the handle of our toilet broke, which they fixed but left the trash in our room. At the end of our visit as I was unplugging our electronic devices, there was a support on the bed that is used to hold the mattress on, was sticking out and covered by the bed skirt, actually hit me on my leg to the point that I was bleeding and for two weeks solid, I had a bruise in that spot from it. The only offer to that was we will check on it and do you need a band-aid. Breakfast was available but extremely limited as far as choices and quality, if it wasn't for the fact that the rooms did not have microwaves, we would have eaten in our room. I informed my husband that the next time we come, we will be investing a bit more into our choice of hotel and picking a hotel somewhere that I am a familiar with their standards of operations.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ABVIBranson, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time in sharing your thoughts. It helps us make necessary future improvements.

Russellville, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I booked this on bookit.com, I actually clicked the wrong hotel and wanted to cancel when I noticed my mistake. Read the print! $55 cancellation fee. Ok, so I made the mistake so we went. It will all depend on what you are used to. There were several people there. We were on the 4th floor (no elevator, which was fine with us). We had a King room. It smelled funny, like old moldy bread. It was "clean" but not clean. Again, what you are used to. There were dead bugs on the floor and mold on the sheets. The mattress was horrid. There was a sliding glass door that led to the "view", which was of nothing. The manager called as soon as we walked into the room and asked if everything was alright. I told him "so far", I was trying to not be a snob about it. The a/c was not sufficient. It blew cool air, but not cold. My husband went to turn in the key and the manager did offer to go up with us and look at things. In all honesty, there was nothing he could do to fix the room so we would sleep there. Be wary! Be sure you aren't too picky or smell sensitive.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you mind smells and a less than plush atmosphere. Very plain, dated and sme...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mandi G
ABVIBranson, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
It appears from the review guest booked the hotel by mistake. They did not call to cancel after the booking or upon check in inform the Front desk about the issues so alternate arrangements could have been make. They were allowed an early check-in and guest stayed for more than three hours and used the room during all this time.
We rented this particular King bed room night before & afterwards and both guests who stayed liked the room. Sorry, guest feels this way, but we could not allow any refunds once rooms has been used.