“Probably last stay at this hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 140 Hotels in Branson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Probably last stay at this hotel”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We have stayed at this hotel before and had a pleasant experience. This time we have a very different impression. We walked in this hotel about 6:30 this evening after a rainy drive across southern Missouri. While checking in, we asked the young man checking us in if he could look up our Choice Privileges reward card number, since our Branson visit was a late addition to our trip and I didn't have my card. He was unsure so asked the lady working with him who said we could not get credit because we had a prepaid room. I have no problem with that. I do have an issue with the lack of friendliness and condescending nature of the woman though. She was not welcoming and exhibited no warmth. When we came back downstairs after unloading our bags, the young man waved and smiled at us. She was standing out in the lobby talking to someone who worked there and just glanced at us and never acknowledged us at all. The room itself is very nice and comfortable. However, the lack of hospitality at the front desk will keep us from staying here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mizzoualum
gmcomfortgretna, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Mizzoualum,
Thank you for staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites, and for your second review of our hotel. As general manager of the property, service is my top priority. Lodging accommodations in Branson, MO are plentiful, and I realize every guest has an abundance of choice in where they stay when visiting our city. We truly appreciate that you chose to stay with us. Our team is also focused on Guest Service. The team member you refer to in your review read your comments on trip advisor and wanted to personally respond to you. She wrote the following:
“Dear Mizzoualum,
Thank you for staying with us at Comfort inn and Suites on October 30. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our award winning hotel in Branson. We pride ourselves on delivering “Friendly, Fantastic Service Always.”
Please allow me an opportunity to apologize for any unfriendliness or condescension I may have portrayed toward you during your check in process, or as you were leaving the hotel for the evening. It was not my intent to be rude, and I truly apologize if I seemed to be. I sincerely want each and every guest to feel at home during a stay with us.
I appreciate your feedback on tripadvisor.com. Customer service is my top priority, and I strive to make guests feel welcome, just as if you were at a friend’s home. I do hope that you will accept my apology.”
As manager, I would invite you to contact me at your leisure to visit further regarding your stay at our property in Branson, MO.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Wentzville
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The Good:
The staff were great and very friendly. No complaints there at all. I stayed in room 341 - and it was very quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was very good, well stocked (even while busy..) and quite a bit of variety. Parking was easy, check in/out was easy - well kept overall.

The very minor complaints:
Our room's carpet had a big iron mark on the floor - as in very obvious - I'm surprised the hotel had not dealt with that - it really detracted from an overall well kept room. Plus big stains on the wall near the lamp and on the ceiling above the lamp. Not a deal killer - just took away from the overall niceness of the room.

The indoor pool was a little cold for our liking - it was somewhat heated, but definitely not warm. It would have been nicer if kept warmer.

I know they can't really do anything about this - but it was a little nuisance, the elevator was really slow and with only 1, it was pretty busy. We took the stairs a few times as a result.

I would stay here again - no problem - but they should look into the few minor issues to keep things moving the right way. Like i said, all issues were minor - nothing to get wound up over.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
gmcomfortgretna, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you vexter0944 for your comments on Trip Advisor. I appreciate all the "good" that you found. I also thank you for commenting on the "minor complaints" as well. Our housekeeping team did find and turn in a work order for the burn mark in the carpet from a past guest's mishap with an iron. Ironically, the carpet was changed in guest room 341 on the Monday after your departure. It took some time to coordinate the carpet layers schedule with our full house schedule. As for the stains on the wall and ceiling, those were also cleaned and repaired at the same time. Our heated indoor pool is kept at a temperature of 86 degrees, the high end of the acceptable 82-86 degree guideline put out by the Taney County Health Department for a heated pool. We do appreciate your comments, and certainly thank you for taking the time to let us know about our areas where we have room for improvement. We look forward to seeing you at the Comfort Inn & Suites on your next visit to Branson.
Minnesota
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I even asked how long they have been open, was told since 2001. Kept up well. Only complaint was their restaurant had a very limited selection -we were told food wasn't purchased due to it being Columbus Day. Staff were very customer friendly. Would stay there again, and again, and again:)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank KAKAMinnesota
Thank you KAKAMinnesota for noticing the awesome job our maintenance and housekeeping teams do in maintaining the property on a day to day basis. Our hotel also has owners commited to providing the necessary capital to maintain and improve our property so that we are always offering our guests what they expect. I would also like to apologize about breakfast. The hotel placed our regular order, but because of the holiday, there was some confusion with the vendor, and the order did not arrive until Tuesday, instead of our normal Monday delivery. Kind words go far toward motivating a team of great people, and it will be my pleasure to share your kind words with our entire team. We would love to have you back as our guest in the future.
Seward, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We followed TripAdvisor's advice and booked at the Comfort Inn & Suites, Branson Meadows. It was the most enjoyable stay we've ever had! The clerks at the front desk were so welcoming. The room was pristine and ten minutes after we checked in, the front desk called our room to see if everything was okay and to see if we needed anything. The room was extremely quiet. When we left to go to downtown Branson, the desk clerks gave us maps and marked where we were and where we wanted to go. Breakfast the next morning was very nice, lots of choices. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Branson.

Room Tip: As for a room with a view of the beautiful scenery around Branson.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Connie D
We are so happy you checked us out on Trip Advisor before coming to Branson to visit! I am glad that your experience was more than enjoyable. Ozarks' Friendly Fantastic Service is what we strive to give every guest of our property, and I appreciate that you commented on the friendliness and helpfulness of our Guest Service Agents. Our hotel is beautifully situated on one of the highest points in Branson, and most of our guest rooms offer a commanding view of the beautiful Ozarks' scenery, and I'm glad your room did as well. I hope we see you at the Comfort Inn and Suites on your next visit through the Branson area.
Sherman, Texas
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel before and it is a wonderful facility. Great location and wonderful staff. They are very biker friendly. This past week, we were on our motorcycles and were delayed by heavy rain in Hot Springs and we could not make it to Branson. We called and explained our situation and they were nice enough to not charge us for our rooms even though we were past the cancellation deadline. This is definitely our choice of hotels in Branson! Thank you Comfort Inn & Suites. We will see you next trip.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marie N
gmcomfortgretna, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for your kind words! Ozarks' Friendly Fantastic Service is what we always strive to provide our guests. While we were sorry to miss you on this trip, we anxiously await your next visit to Branson! Please travel safe.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here over Labor Day weekend with our 3 children.The hotel was very clean and our room was super quiet. We never heard doors shutting or the water running from rooms around us. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank jonelle32
Thank you for taking the opportunity to rate our hotel! The team at the Comfort Inn and Suites loves that you found the room to your liking. Every guest deserves quality rest, and we are happy you found some on your recent visit. Please travel safe, and we look forward to your next visit to Branson, and hope you do decide to stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites at Branson Meadows!
Pittsburg, Kansas
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I was so happy with our experience at this hotel. Hotel very clean and checkup took about 2 minutes and it was a great stay for us. Pool and hot tub great and rooms are very quiet and nice. William even left my wife a swan towel on the bed. She had surgery and had her brace on. Made her day.......Great Place!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple