“Left with unwanted souvenier”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Branson 76 Central
Ranked #45 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Henderson, Kentucky
“Left with unwanted souvenier”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Upon first checking in we were impressed with the facility. The staff was friendly and the room was decent. The breakfast had a good selection, however the man heading up the breakfast was rude and had his employees wipe the table while we were still sitting and eating our breakfast! The real trouble started the day we were checking out. My daughter woke up with a rash all down her leg. I gave benefit of the doubt and assumed it was because I had washed her blanket in an unfamiliar softener. However the rash continued to spread, swell and eventually I contracted it as well. I took her to the pediatrician upon returning home and it turns out it was scabies!!! What a disgusting thought to have contracted scabies from hotel bedding. Someone in housekeeping is slacking. How hard is it to wash and dry the bedding in hot water and in a hot dryer. I spoke with my mother who contacted the hotel and the staff had little reaction. Nothing was done to make this right. Not impressed. Disgusted, actually.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Samantha A
Natasha E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Branson 76 Central, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
After seeing your review I did some research on scabies. According to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) "If a person has never had scabies before, symptoms may take as long as 4-6 weeks to begin. In a person who has had scabies before, symptoms usually appear much sooner (1-4 days) after exposure".

I am sorry you and your family members experienced symptoms from this rash. I feel very confident - based on my research and contacting medical professionals - that your scabies were not contracted from our hotel bedding.

As far as your concerns regarding our breakfast attendant - We will talk with him to ensure he is giving the best service to all of our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and once again on behalf of the staff we are very sorry for your unfortunate rash.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

This was our third stay at this Holiday Inn Express, it as been remodeled, at least he lobby has. We travel thru Branson once a year and will always stay here, even after looking at the other Holiday inn in town. Staff is always friendly and with being a gold member, we were upgraded to a suite, which was wonderful! The bed was a little hard, but we are a true priority club member and will be back next year, probably with friends this time!

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Natasha E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Branson 76 Central, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
We thank you for choosing our property to stay while you were in Branson. We are happy we were able to help provide a great vacation experience for you while you were here. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
ILLINOIS, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Great hotel, nice breakfast bar, very friendly & helpful staff. Whole place was nice and clean looks like they take pride in their hotel. I have no negative comments. I would definitely go back and will go back to stay there in the future if I'm down that way. I did try to click on the ratings, but I couldn't get past the first one that said terrible so I left it blank.. I'll put my five stars here *****

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Natasha E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Branson 76 Central, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - 76 Central. We are extremely proud of our property and really appreciate it when a guest enjoys it as much as you did. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Kearney, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Really couldn't ask for much more. Only complaints would be that rooms are not huge, Saturday morning breakfast is chaotic and biggest complaint is the drawers in the room are big deep boxes lol. I know sounds petty but drove me nuts! 5 of us in one room 3 nights and not sure how to be organized when all you can do is throw all the stuff in a deep drawer! Beautiful room, clean, nice bed, everything you need in the bathroom, just difficult to get organized. Front desk people were VERY helpful always nice, breakfast was amazing for a continental breakfast, pool was decent size with nice furniture to lay out on. Great stay!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Natasha E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Branson 76 Central, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - 76 Central. The next time you visit us you should check out our family suite. With 5 people it would give you ample room. Thank you for sharing your experience. Breakfast time can get busy at times, even though breakfast runs from 6:30am to 9:30a or 10a on occasions it feels like everyone comes all at once. The new dressers in the guest rooms do offer deep drawers. When we remodeled we wanted to make sure there was ample storage - the more is better than less philosophy. Once again in the suites we offer a chest of drawers that would organize that large of a group more efficiently. We look forward to your next Branson vacation and look forward to seeing you again soon.
JUSTICE, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

To start off with I made contact with Kenny at the reservation desk who then introduced me to Natasha the sales manager who went out of her way to provide me with the BEST service ever. I not only set up my room with her, but my entire sightseeing itinerary! It's good to know there are people out there that truly care about customer satisfaction. Being a travel agent myself, I know how important it is to make your customer happy and they made this customer very satisfied!

Room Tip: Had the suite excellent room!
1 Thank 10000words
I am very happy you found an excellent experience with all of us here. We take great pride in treating your vacation stay as your own "home away from home". I look forward to your next trip to Branson and your next stay with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

We had a bad stay at a cheap hotel,came here to try and redeem our trip. They gave us a $30 discount and were very sweet. They have made out trip so much more enjoyable. Plus the rooms are clean, I can still smell fresh paint in the hall. Excellent stay, I will be coming back!!

• Stayed June 2013
Natasha E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Branson 76 Central, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
We are so happy we were able to accommodate you and make your Branson trip more enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again.
carthage
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Everyone has been extremely nice and helpful, from Kenny
Who took my reservation to the desk clerk. The room is very clean
And comfortable. I would recommend this hotel!!!! I will stay here again
When I return to Branson.

Room Tip: Check ratings and read reviews
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Natasha E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Branson 76 Central, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to having you stay with us again. We pride ourselves on our brand new hotel and especially our staff. Thank you again and we can't wait for your return to Branson.