“Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Branson 76 Central
Ranked #46 of 141 Hotels in Branson
Union, Missouri
“Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

For $130.00+ (including tax), this did not seem like a good value to us. We were impressed with the successful remodeling after the tornado. Our room was very average, ac did not seem to work properly but not worth reporting in the middle of the night. Our biggest complaint is the complimentary breakfast. It was very poor. For the cost, we expected better. We will probably not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Natasha E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Branson 76 Central, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
We are sorry you were not happy with the breakfast choices. We always offer hot and cold items including eggs, a meat (bacon/ sausage/ham), biscuits and gravy, out famous cinnimon rolls plus all your other continental items - muffins, bagels, cereals, fruit, yogurt, etc.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed 5 September 2013

First off, the hotel let us check in early so we could lay by the pool. The pool is very nice. The room was small but quiet. Usually when the hotel is that close to 76 hwy, you can hear the traffic. Not from this room. The staff was very nice. The remodel was great. Only complaint was the ac unit in the room. It wasn't working properly. I let the staff know when we checked out. I didn't feel like moving to a new room in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: No traffic noise if you choose a room on the back side overlooking the beautiful pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Natasha E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Branson 76 Central, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
We wish you would of let us know sooner about your A/C issue - we would have loved to of repaired the issue or change your room. Thank you for staying with us, we are glad that inspite of your A/C isuue - that we were able to offer you a good exerience while here in Branson. We look forwared to seeing you again.
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites is located in the center area of Branson's many attractions. I found this location to be a safe, convenient and good value. I plan another trip through Missouri later this year and will choose this location again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank philboor
We look forward to your next stay with us!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We just finished a 5 night stay here and it was wonderful. Holiday Inn is our hotel of choice and we stay there frequently and have earned the platinum level and as a result we often get upgraded to a nicer room. Here we were upgraded to a two room apartment. WOW! This was probably the nicest room I have had.
I only have nice things to say. The hotel was very nice, clean and the location was right in the middle of all the things we needed. The staff was friendly and in most cases vey helpful. We had the pleasure of being checked in by a lady named Kelly who was most helpful and a good example of what customer service is all about.
I do recommend this hotel and will return on my next trip back to Branson. Although the hotel itself was superb, the main reason for my returning is due to the excellent service and attitude of "Kelly". Thank you Kelly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LarryD379
Natasha E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Branson 76 Central, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
We are very pleased that Kelly helped make your stay with us enjoyable and memorable. I will forward your kind words on to her. Thank you for staying with us - we look forward to seeing you again.
Bethalto, Illinois
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Have stayed at this hotel before and I must say they have done an excellent job with the remodel. The staff was very friendly. The hotel was very clean and our housekeeping service was one of the best we have ever had. Our room was cleaned in a very timely manner and was well supplied daily. I too noticed a TCA fee that showed up on our bill that was never mentioned on the website. I know other hi have added fees for resort or parking but it is usually stated on the website. It wasn't that much so I too never questioned it. The only negative thing I could say is it would have been nice to have had a microwave in the room. We had a wonderful stay and would return anytime we were in Branson.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jtins
Natasha E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Branson 76 Central, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
We are very pleased you had a great stay with us. I will pass on all of your accolades to our staff. The TCA fee is a Branson Community fee. I will check to make sure that information is updated on our websites. At this time the only rooms that we offer with microwaves are our suites. Once again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This hotel is located on the main strip in Branson and is located near several restaruants. The free breakfast was good, with plenty of variety. The rooms all had a nice balcony with a door instead of a sliding door for safety. The decorations in the hotel were nice and the color scheme worked well together. The staff was friendly. The room was clean. We upgraded to a king size bed and the room was arranged nicely including a large comfy chair. The frigerator and microwave were located over in the corner, making a nice separation from the tv area. The negative was that the front desk was a bit pushy in wanting us to go to his friend to buy our show tickets. We also were charged a TCA fee on the bill that I have yet to figure out. I didn't question because it was a small amount.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bobbie201
Natasha E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Branson 76 Central, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear that the accomodations were to your satisfaction. I am a bit concerned about the front desks approach to helping you with show tickets. I will talk to him about the appropriate way to handle these types of requests. We never want anyone to feel pressured. The TCA fee is a Branson Community fee.
Dexter, Missouri
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The room was smelly and the breakfast was overcooked every day except for the cinnamon rolls they were great. The location is perfect if you want to be on the strip and close to the shows and attractions. The rooms were clean and the staff was super friendly. I don't know why my room smelled so bad but it did and I don't know if it was just my room but I didn't complain cause it was a short stay but I did have to leave the doors and window open often to air the place out. The pool was nice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Natasha E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Branson 76 Central, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for expressing your concerns. I wish when you were here you would have let us know about the issue with your room, we would have happily moved you. I am not sure now what the smell issue could have been. We will be on the look out for the room that had this issue and do everything we can to correct it. As far as the breakfast, I must appologize. Up until now I have only heard rave reviews about the breakfast. I will talk with our attendants and make sure they are putting out quality breakfast every morning. We would love another opportunity to host you as our guest and hope you stay with us again soon.