“Simple and Beautiful”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Alpine Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Branson
Alpine Lodge
Ranked #80 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Panhandle
“Simple and Beautiful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I was able to snag a cabin within 2 weeks of our travel due to another cancellation. I am really glad I did. The A-frame style cabins were exactly what we needed. Bathroom of was not new and modern but was clean and functional. Small appliances in the kitchenette were new and clean. There was a new flat screen TV and a good AC located up high to keep the loft cool. The swimming pool had just opened and was magnificient. It was quiet except for a few car alarms now and then. Everyone was friendly. It was our first time to Branson and although I dont care for the commercialism in town, I would come to this resort again and enjoy different things. We were only a stop light away from Silver Dollar City, a zipline place, couple of restaurants and things we might need.

Suggestions for the owners.... put a narrow bench in the bathroom in the low, unused area for additional flat space to put 'stuff'. Add a small dumpster somewhere more centrally located. Last, store some hangers for easy access. This is not something I thought I might need and did not ask.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank brookesmom10

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pottsville, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

My children and I have stayed at Alpine Lodge 4 times in the last year. The owners are very friendly and accommodating. The property is on Table Rock Lake and the view is beautiful. The cabins are all great. I have stayed in 1 bedroom, 2 Bedroom, and the Lake house and they were all very clean and well decorated. My children loved going out to the dock and playing along the shoreline. The old pool was very nice, but during our last stay, we saw they were putting in a new one that looks like it will be very luxurious. Since there was a lot of construction going on around the cabin we were going to be staying in, the owners decided to upgrade us to the lake house for no additional charge. I was very surprised and thankful. It is less than a mile from Silver Dollar City which makes for easy access to and from the park. Each cabin has a grill outside and most have swings or lounging chairs. Inside, I found the beds to be comfortable, there were plenty of dishes and cooking utensils, and I had no problem preparing all of our meals there. There is also a small playground area and firepit. The owners offered to provide me with life jackets so I could take my kids out on the canoe or paddle boat with no charge. If you are looking for a place that is small, secluded, safe and affordable, this is definitely it. Its not fancy by any means but it has everything you need and plenty of amenities. You cannot beat the location or the price.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank leftofthamiddle
Springfield, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

We booked online-very easy, there is a place for special requests and they accommodated our requests with no problems and no extra charges. We arrived early and was able to check in immediately. The owners were very friendly and laid back. The whole place was clean and quiet. The cottage was decorated pretty cute with little rustic type accents. We found everything we needed in our kitchenette(since there was 6 of us, we maybe could have used some bigger cookware but managed fine).Their new pool and hot tub were amazing! Beautiful views. We were able to have a private boat slip for our boat and fished all weekend off the boat and off the dock. We caught 6 bass right off the dock! I had a wonderful time and will definitely return!

Room Tip: Master lodge, cabin 6 and cabins 15 and 16? have the best views. Master lodge and cabin 1 and 2? are...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
House Springs, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

I would love to thank the owners for the wonderful 6 night stay we had at Alpine Lodge. I should of wrote this back in September but Hey it's better late than never. We arrived for our trip and we checked in. We then proceeded to the docks to put our boat in the water. I have to say I am not to happy with there ramp (you need 4 wheel drive in my mind) but the male owner put our boat in for us. Docks were wonderful. Our little 1 room A frame cottage was clean and beautiful. I am hoping to be able to come back for another week stay! There roads I wish were a little wider. But I would go back in a heart beat!

Room Tip: Talk to the managers or owners they are really nice
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

Made a reservation a week before staying. Plans changed so needed to cancel couple of days later. Charged for one night, but was not told that on making the reservation. They said I should have known their policy. Cancel policy was three weeks even though I had made the reservation withing a week of the stay. Then said my reservation had kept them from renting to someone else. I reminded her that I had only had the reservation for a couple of days. Didn't matter, that was their policy. Asked to apply to a future stay, but that was not their policy. Had stayed a couple of times before, but they were certainly not interested in trying to keep me as a customer. Won't be staying here again.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

The property is great. Well maintained and excellent location, right on the lake. I was concerned that they accepted pets but the room was immaculate and you would never tell. Spotless and so cutely decorated. Super friendly staff who went the extra mile to accommodate our every request. They even got online and looked up coupons for some of the things we wanted to do in the area. They did not have to offer to do that. It is not the Taj Majal but you are definately going to get your money's worth and then some. They just sent us a Facebook message that showed the new pool they're building. Looks amazing.
Thanks guys! See you next summer!
After reading that last review, I find it hard to believe we stayed at the same place. Some kids just cry a lot.

• Stayed July 2012
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

My family and I arrived on a Saturday, ready for 24 hours of fun. The first cabin had a great view of the dumpster. Dad went to office and asked if other cabins were available .... the lady proprietor showed us a couple of other cabins. We accepted one of those for no reduced fee although the space was less than the cabin we originally rented. No problem, we were amendable and moved our stuff from the car to the new cabin. We were there for about 3 hours and went to the grocery store to stock up for our dinner and breakfast the next day. After returning from the grocery store, the lady proprietor showed up at the cabin door and asked us if we knew where our children were. I glanced out the back door, although I could hear them playing, and indicated that all three were just below the balcony area dashing around collecting sticks for a fire later that night. She mentioned that some kids had let the lodge's canoe go out into the lake. We assured her our children were not out of our view and she thanked us and left. We started a fine meal and Dad was grilling on the BBQ grill outside when I heard louder than usual voices. I popped my head outside and a car is parked right next to the grill and Dad is talking to a man (later identified as the male proprietor) who has his finger pointed at Dad and is saying "it was definitely YOUR kids. Someone definitely saw them in the canoe." My children are hearing this rude, unprofessional excuse of a businessman accuse them of sneaking off and letting the canoe that didn't belong to them go in the lake. Two of my three children (my nine year old twins) burst into tears. They insist they didn't do it. The man slammed his car door and drove off. My pragmatic third child (aged 7) just looked at us after the guy left and said "I'm not upset because I know I didn't do it." Dad was not pleased, as we know it wasn't our children. After our kids had been crying nonstop for 20 minutes and our dinner was ruined, Dad just looked at me and said "I don't want to stay here. I'm calling the office and telling them I want my money back." He called the office and the lady answered. He told the lady "We do not want to stay here. I want my money back. We're leaving tonight." The lady then said "Don't let this ruin your stay. We found out who it was; it was some teenagers." Neither of them even bothered to call us or come back to the cabin and tell us they KNEW it wasn't our children. OUR children were crying and upset, Dad and I were livid .... and these proprietors didn't even bother to tell us they knew of their own error. Dad told the lady that if her husband had the guts to come down and apologize to our KIDS for their accusation, we would stay and let bygones be bygones. The lady put her husband on the phone and he said "It is your fault for getting so upset about the accusation and I don't have anything to apologize for." I cannot fathom how a business owner thinks this is appropriate behavior. We packed up and left. Even after all that, we left the cabin clean, took out the trash, washed all the dishes, etc. It took HOURS for my children to calm down, even AFTER they knew the owners knew it wasn't them. They ruined a rare mini-vacation with our children. The only "apology" we got was a two sentence letter with our refund receipt in the snail mail several days later. It read "We apologize for the incident with the canoe." I will never grace the line of this property again and I will make sure anyone who asks for a reference to a Branson cabin knows that this place is not family friendly. On a good note: I called a DIFFERENT hotel in Branson while I was packing our stuff to leave and the front desk person was incredibly polite, listened to my tale of horror, and asked if I had any kind of discount for their hotel. I said "No, we just want to leave this place now." He said "come right over. I'm giving you a discount." Now, that's real service. I have posted a fantastic review of their hotel. **Note that I am writing this several weeks after our "stay" in early September. It has been difficult to even consider writing a review because we're still very angry.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family