“Great place to go to relax!”

Compton Ridge Campground and Lodge
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Great place with great people!
We loved this campground so much and the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is b/c of no gym on site. (So hard to workout while RV-ing if campgrounds don't have little gyms, and it was 100 degrees outside.) I did still run and walk the campground daily and the paved roads were great with lots of little hills.

Pro's:
very nice
very clean
2 pools with lots of fun stuff for the kids to play on
deliver pizza to your site in about 20 mins or less and its GOOD!
paved roads
large campground
lots of shade
*site 51 was the best with the best shade

Cons:
no gym
a bit away from the main strip in Branson but closer to the lake and Sliver Dollar City

We will be back to this campground too!

Room Tip: Site 51 was our favorite!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KNS-fam
There are newer reviews for Compton Ridge Campground and Lodge

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We just left this morning from Compton Ridge......this was about our 5th camping experience so not sure what is bad? We were there 4 nights and did not interact with the employees much, but when we did they were very nice and helpful. We were in the north campground and our camper was near the bathhouse and the pool which was convenient since we do not have a toilet and shower in our pop-up ;o). The only thing that I would suggest is either air conditioning or ceiling fans in bathhouse. I was the only person in there at the times I showered and it gets a little sweltering in there (and I didn't use a lot of hot water) couldn't imagine 3 people in the showering at the same time. Ate breakfast at the campgound once, food was good and the people were friendly! Overall good experience and would go back if ever we are in the area again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kewpiedoll71
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The staff here are unfriendly & unaccomidating. We had 3 vehicles, but the cabins allow for parking for 1 vehicle. When asked where to park, they told us they didn't know.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank jessica s
comptonslodge, Owner at Compton Ridge Campground and Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

We're so sorry you felt that way about the old owners. Compton Ridge is now under new management and we strive for happy campers and quality service. We hope you take a chance to visit us again, I think you will like how the park is today.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

OK let me first start by saying I have not been a 20 year patron of Compton Ridge, BUT my Aunt and Uncle who both have passed (my Uncle most resent) LOVED coming here. hey brought there kids here....SO with that we decided to have a weekend of faimly fun. And start new family traditions with Compton Ridge. WHAT a disappointment. We had called 3 weeks in advance and told them we would be hauling a car in and needed a pull through, gave them the size of our RV and trailer, close to the pool and tent camping since our daughter and grandsons would be coming to tent camp. We were given #77 (I still have the number wrote down on the bank draft they took the deposit out on.) When we got to the camp to check in, they had us in a back up spot, and way to small.....So they offered us another pull through the only one they had left...#13....well we see why it was the only one left, very uneven, no trees AT ALL for shade, the picnic table was all warped and no way in any condition to eat off of....the rest of the family had to drive up and haul all of the food and stuff for our family cook out....but lets go back to when we checked in...my husband explained to them the situation and that we had made out reservations in advance.....we was told #77 would be our site.....the staff did nothing to resolve our issue....but the owner asked what the problem was......the lady told him we needed a pullt hrough and that they had us in a back in.....the guy asked if we made reservations, I said yes we did 3 weeks ago......and his exact words with his hands in the air and shruged said "Oh well"......I elected to only stay one night after his remark....as a buisness owner myself I would never of said that to any of my customers...I know mistakes can be made, but for a family buisness owner myself I know your best advertisment is word of mouth, but then again it can be your worst as well......with that said I am not interested in making any new memories with Compton Ridge.....We left after one night, and moved to another camp........

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank youngs8167
comptonslodge, Owner at Compton Ridge Campground and Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

In your statement, you said you requested a site next to the pool and playground (which we reserved for you). You then said you also wanted a pull through site. We do not have any pull through sites next to the playground and pool. I'm not sure where the miscommunication occured. We offered to put your flat bed trailer in our storage for you but you did not want to. The only two sites that were open on Memorial weekend was the site you reserved and the pull through site (at the front of the park) that the people had to leave a day early had. We would have been most happy to help you but we just did not have what you wanted. We did not have any options for that weekend.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed there, would NEVER stay again. VERY RUDE PEOPLE, major issue with Cleaniness of the park and clean up of the leaves. Gardener even threatened my husband. Apparently had to much to drink, they drink golf carts around all day drinking their cheap booze. WORTHLESS PLACE.

Room Tip: I"D Choose any place but this Drunk fest
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
13  Thank Campin4

Trip Advisior staff- Please remove this review. This was a seasonal camper that had to be evicted. The sherriff had to be called to handle the problem. Please call Robert or Susan if you have questions. Thanks

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Don't plan on coming back and will not be recommending this place to anyone. First off, unfriendly staff from the main office to the cleaning people, Pool closed early and the park is dirty. It was nice many years ago but went over the cliff in poor service. We will be finding a new place to stay our weeks for vacations. Their loss!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
10  Thank Dcfd146
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Against our better judgement, we decided to let our 12 year old son plan our summer vacation last year. We gave him a budget and he picked the place to go, place to stay, and the things to do. He decided on tent camping, at Compton Ridge from June 30th- July 5th. He did a lot of research and picked the perfect place to stay for our family. The bathrooms/showers are clean, pools are nice, plenty of shade, pizza delivery, free wifi to plan activities, evening activities, nice lodge, store for forgotten essentials (pricey, but walmart was quite a drive), friendly staff, plenty of dead firewood (never had to buy it, just sent Jr out to pick up the dead stuff), and clean laundry facilities. Only negative..it was 110 during the day and 85 at 2am. Jr slept like a rock but mom and dad tossed and turned for 6 miserable, sleepless nights. We are spoiled Yanks who enjoy our A/C. Compton Ridge couldn't control the weather though. FYI..if you have any physical limitations, get a site closer to the entrance. The ones in the back are quite a walk and some of the walkways are significantly sloped. We would definitely return..but in the spring, fall, or a camper with A/C next time! :-)

• Stayed: July 2011