“Disappointed”
Review of Lakeshore Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Branson
Lakeshore Resort
Ranked #73 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Salem, IL
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 14 September 2009

We had stayed at the Lakeshore quite often in the past under the previous management. Andy and Julie (the old owners) were always around, and very friendly. They'd come by or come down to the dock to see how everyone was doing, but with the change in ownership, we were left feeling disappointed. It seems all they wanted out of the resort was an investment. They have raised the prices at the Lakeshore, without much in the way of upgrading the accomodations. They've also purchased another small resort down the street, which are nothing more than bare-bones cabins, but are charging Lakeshore prices. When we arrived, our cabins were dirty, some of them had mouse droppings on the floor and the counters, but when we told the management, they didn't believe us. When the 'handyman', Rodney, came to check it out, he just marched right into our cabin (in the middle of family dinner) without even knocking!
The Lakeshore is still a beautiful setting, it just seems it's not being taken care of very well.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank FishIL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
KansasNeighbor
Reviewed 15 August 2009

Stayed at LakeShore Resort to visit daughter on her day off while a Kanakuk Kamp counselor. She loved having such a short drive (2 minutes) from Kamp to our cabin. Rented one of the larger cabins. Quiet, simple, roomy, and comfortable. Used the cabin's kitchen for several meals. Charcoal grill outside was handy for grilling chicken and making s'mores. LakeShore Resourt is on Lake Taneycomo and has a dock. Owners were friendly and accommodating with our requests during our 2-night stay. They were extremely helpful in providing advice - such as grocery store, dining out, fastest route to Siver Dollar City.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank KansasNeighbor
Missouri
Reviewed 2 August 2009

We went on a last minute trip to the Lake. We called on a Thursday night to see if anything was available. The owners of LakeShore Resort did everything in their power to find us something...and they did. We stayed in the Rose Suit which was very nice and quiet,big and clean. We had 2 children with us ages 3 & 6. There was plenty of things to do to keep them busy. I took my boat with us and was very easy to access the lake from the resort. The owners in one word....."Awesome". They even gave our kids gifts because one of them had a birthday on the last day of our stay and it wouldn't be fair to only give one of them a gift :). You just don't find that kind of hospitality many places anymore.
I would highly recommend LakeShore Resort to stay at. I plan on going back next time we go to Branson.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank cawt
Jackson, MO
Reviewed 16 July 2009

This was our first time visiting Lakeshore Resort & we were VERY pleased with our decision. The place very clean & very private & comfortable. We were looking for a place that we could bring our 2 dogs with us & they loved it too! The staff was very friendly & accomadating if we had any questions. We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 9 June 2009

I was in Branson, MO and had the wonderful experience of staying at a family owned resort, LakeShore Resorts of Branson. The cabins were marvelous. A employee at the resort, Rodney, showed me the nak of trout fishing, and caught trout galore. They have two resorts with two very nice pools. This trip was just a friend and myself. Next I am going to get the family to have our "family reunion" there. They have tow conference rooms with large equipped kitchens. I think I will go back during fall to view the fall foilage. Maybe Thanksgiving!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
St. Louis
Reviewed 7 June 2009

We go down each June to fish Lake Taneycomo--that's it. We just like to have a quiet place to stay that is clean and accomodating, and Lakeshore Resort is definitely that place! We have been staying there since 2006 and the old owners were, for lack of a better term, crazy. We were looking to find a new place to stay when we found out the old owners sold the place. The new owners were MUCH, MUCH better and were really friendly. They upgraded our room for no charge and were always there to help you or provide you with any service you needed. The new management is definitely turning things around and we will definitely be back because of them. I was very, very pleased with the whole new attitude and feeling projected by the new management.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 April 2009

I go to Branson at least four times a year and would never even consider staying anywhere other than Lakeshore Resort. The staff is amazing and treat you like you're part of the family. My friends and family actually ask if they can go with me when I mention I'm thinking about going up there for the weekend. This last time I just had to get away and have time to myself. The docks are perfect for fishing and if you have a boat (which I hope to get one soon) there is a ramp right on property available for guests to use. The owners were very helpful in providing me with a place for boat rentals and the best shows to go watch. I've already got my third trip of the year scheduled for May and I can't wait! Definately the best location in Branson for just getting away from everything or spending time with the people you care about!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends