“Awful!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Branson Plantation Inn
Ranked #104 of 140 Hotels in Branson
“Awful!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The manager cussed out two other parties that were staying in just the short time we were there, and she was very rude to us. Price was completely different than we were told, and she would not work with us. Breakfast was horrible! If you were not in right at 730, good luck trying to get anything! The matinence guy was extremely nice though! All employees seemed to live there as well.

3 Thank ecartwright13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Vinita, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

My whole family does NOT recommend this hotel, we had a terrible experience. The lady who checked us in was pleasant. We had to come back in thirty minutes because our room wasn't ready yet. We went to White Water. When we arrived back at the hotel a different young lady and young man was at the desk. The young lady looked like she just got done doing meth in a dumpster, she was not dressed very appropriate and her all around attitude and appearance was not presentable. A couple was in front of me at the desk and they were getting the run around about their check in arrangements. The young lady was getting frustrated because she couldn't figure out the computer system and blamed the problem on her manager. She slammed her hands on the desk and said she was going to kill her manager. I eventually received our room key. When we entered the room we notice the roll away bed was not in our room as promised. I called the desk to ask about the bed and the angered young lady answered the phone with an attitude. She told me they don't have roll away beds and whoever told me that didn't know what they were talking about. My family gathered our things back into the van and my husband went up to the front desk and demanded our money back. While he was at the desk the first lady who checked us in arrived back at the desk. The two ladies began to argue back and forth about the roll away bed. He finally got a key to a different room where the roll away bed was waiting for us. As we were unloading our suitcases for a second time the two ladies and young man and a housekeeping lady was outside on the third floor heavily cursing at each other, it lead to: punches, they were slamming each other up against the railing, one lady pulled a knife on the other, hair was pulled, the one with the knife threatened to kill the other, one lady repeatedly yelled "Somebody call the police." After the police finally showed up everything calmed down. We have 3 kids, they all were scared and shaken. They saw the knife being pulled and heard the cursing before we could get them in the room. We were all in the room and could still hear the cursing and screaming and slamming. Our kids were scared to fall asleep because they thought someone was going to break in and kill us. We had to give them benedryl to help them fall asleep. The breakfast had flies swarming all over it and a horrible case of gnats covered the fruit and bread. The donuts tasted very old as well as everything else. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone!!!! Not a pleasant experience at all!!

Room Tip: Nothing is good about this Hotel!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Lebecca T
Vinita, Oklahoma, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Upon arrival we were greeted by the manager who was very helpful. But when we got to our room it didnt have the extra bedding we had requested. Upon calling the front desk we were told by the young blonde girl that it was just too bad. She was very rude and unprofessional. After speaking with the manager and getting the issue taken care of we returned to our room and moments later heard screaming and cussing. It was the hotel staff screaming and in a physical altercation one even pulled a knife. Which ended in the police being called and us haveing tjree very scared young children.

3 Thank ryeal
Vernon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My grandparents along with my cousin and I left our room for only a few hours to come back to the key card to the room not working and my grandmothers chihuahua dog missing. My grandmother is in Branson right now looking for our family member after the rude woman at the front desk cussed her out and told her that she prob let it out herself. Very rude people. My parents are good Christian people that would never use that kind of language. The girl also put her hands on my mom and she is still working there!!!! Horrible horrible place. Can't wait to call the chamber and tourism directors tomorrow. After that, the news papers and others!!!!! My mom also called to speak to the manager and was hung up on then falsely accused of threatening them. I've always heard of these kind of people but never actually had to experience it until today. Sad sad place and something should be done about it. NO STARS IS WHAT THEY DESERVE!!!!!!

7 Thank Runnels
Susan H, Owner at Branson Plantation Inn, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We, the owners and staff, many whom are pet owners themselves, of the Branson Plantation Inn, care deeply and pride ourselves in being a pet friendly hotel where safety of our guests, pets, and our staff is of utmost importance. Branson Plantation Inn was recently honored as a “2014 Fido’s Favorite Award” winner by the pet friendly travel website BringFido.com. This annual award recognizes hotels, inns and bed & breakfasts that attain superior pet-friendliness ratings from BringFido.com customers. We have also been honored with the 2014 Certificate of Excellence Award by TripAdvisor

Late afternoon on Tuesday June 24th a dog that was left unattended and uncrated in a room at our hotel, was reported missing. This situation was of very high concern to our general manager and staff and they immediately took multiple steps to locate the dog to reunite him with his owners. Unfortunately the situation deteriorated quickly with our staff being accused of stealing and or hiding the dog. The incident ultimately escalated in a staff member being physically assaulted, by the accuser, and the police being called. As a result of this incident the guest and family were asked to leave the property at which time the police office waited for them to pack their belongings and they were escorted off of the property.

A police officer arrived on seen where the officer took statements from the guest and staff members involved. The head of housekeeping arrived and gave a statement to the police. The police officer requested a lock audit report to give a time line and persons entry to the room. Unfortunately the audit report was not able to be obtained in a timely manner and therefor none was used in the officer’s report. Subsequently an audit was obtained and substantiated what was reported to the police officer. The audit showed that a housekeeper used the key in the late morning. Our housekeepers know the policy and will not enter the room if a dog is loose without an owner present. This is of course for the safety of the dog and mostly our staff. As soon as the house keeper knocked on the door and upon her key entering the lock, she was immediately met by a dog barking and scratching at the door. The house keeper made the correct decision not to continue into the room and to place fresh linens on the door knob and report this incident to the head house keeper. The report shows that there were several more uses of a guest keys being used earlier in the afternoon. The unaccompanied grandchildren also asked for the desk staff for a new key because they had misplaced theirs (or left it in the room). They were told by the desk staff to tell their grandparents that their old keys would not work, now that new keys were made, when they returned from their outing.

Several of our guests stated that the dog was barking and scratching at the door as they passed by in the early afternoon. The following day a guest asked a staff member if the boys had found their dog. The guest stated that as she passed by the room the previous day that the young boys were out looking for the dog and asked her if she had seen it.

With subsequent follow up to the incident it was discovered that the dog was found by a tourist and delivered unharmed to the animal control shelter at 3:21pm the day of the incident. As noted by the lock audit this was after the young boys had used their keys several times. Needless to say that we were pleased to hear that the dog was found safe and sound at the shelter and that this family pet was returned sometime the following morning to the owners.

Rest assured that we the owners and staff of the Branson Plantation Inn have an ongoing commitment to all of our guests and pets to make their stay as happy and memorable as possible. Being animal lovers, we genuinely care about our guests and their pets and deliberately go out of our way to make this establishment the best pet friendly environment in Branson.
Poteau
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

The hotel was nice enough for a 2 star or maybe a 2 1/2 star but missing too many extras you expect in a 3 star. No elevator, hot tub, fitness center and breakfast was sparse. Decent location, across from Whitewater and easy to get to via the yellow route. The room was clean, bed comfortable, ac worked great. I have nothing to complain about if this was listed as a 2 star hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank OldOkie
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I found the Branson Plantation Inn through Trip Advisor. When planning my vacations I always look at pictures and read the reviews before making my decision on where to stay and until now I was never disappointed. I saw a lot of positive reviews and the pictures made the Plantation Inn look like a nice location. My mother and I made the 3 hour trip to Branson for a long weekend and when we arrived we started to wonder about our decision. Upon our arrival we were told by the front desk clerk that they had just had a bad storm and she wasn't able to swipe the credit card and to come back in the next day so she can run it again. I though ok, not a big deal. The next day we returned after spending the day in Branson and we were told by that clerk that it went through but quoted an amount almost $100 more than we were originally told. We decided to go back the next day to double check the amount we were being charged and were told that the original amount is what was put on the credit card. We then asked if she could print out a copy of the bill "just in case". She said she didn't know how to do that. Someone working the front desk that doesn't know how to print out a receipt? She said we would have to talk to a manger for that but there wasn't one in until Monday. Really? It's Saturday and we're leaving the next day but we are expected to stay another day to get a receipt? The next issue was the breakfast. A lot of the people who did reviews raved about the breakfast and on the first morning I arrived before 9:00 and there was hardly anything out. There was 2 dribbles of waffle batter left so I went for the biscuits and gravy. The gravy was cold and the biscuits were far from fresh. I have been to numerous places and have slept late making it to breakfast with only a few minutes left and their food was still hot and fresh and well stocked so they can't use the time I went as an excuse for an inadequate layout. Despite this the biggest issue was the condition of the room. We were placed in the very back which apparently is the last section to be remodeled. We were next to a room that didn't even have a doorknob on it making it a nice possible haven for someone who shouldn't be there. The condition of our room was horrible. The carpet was ripped, there was no weather stripping at the bottom of the door so there were all kinds of bugs in the room and the flusher on the toilet broke. We went on Friday and reported the issue and a maintenance man came relatively quickly but obviously didn't know how to fix the issue because after he left it broke again the very next time we flushed. We were tired and decided to wait until morning to report it again. The lady seemed like she could really care less and said she would report it but after retuning at 5:00pm it had still not been fixed and the water was still running. I reported it again to the clerk (the one that didn't know how to print a receipt) and was told that there was no maintenance on site but she would "try" to report it. I advised her that the toilet wouldn't even flushed and she said that there was nothing she could do because it was the weekend. I'm sorry but that is the most ridiculous excuse ever!! The toilet wouldn't flush! Does she not realize how unsanitary that is. Still nobody came to fix it. She said she could move us upstairs to another room upstairs and I advised her it was too little to late. My mother is 77 years old and I suffer effects from injuries in a severe head on car accident so we couldn't lug our suitcases up the steps. The level of customer service at this hotel is ridiculous! They should be ashamed of themselves for even putting people in this low quality of a room! I will be back to Branson but never back to stay at this location!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Holly M
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

our family stayed 3 days 2 nights and had a great experience.first timers at the hotel.we stayed on the 2nd level and the room was very spacious and clean.I am a stickler on hair and I honestly have to say I look for these kids of things...COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING!!!! our maid was very friendly and gave us directions and suggestions to several shows.Didnt even mind coming back to clean our room until we left.thank you ms.melinda for your help and friendly smile.great job.people like you make this hotel as reputable as it is.we'll be back because of you...

Room Tip: great clean rooms,cold clean pool,yummy waffles and biscuits and gravy for breakfast.A++++
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family