“Worst stay ever!”

Branson Plantation Inn
Ranked #114 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had stayed at this Inn last year and were very pleased so booked again this year. Evidently ownership has changed for the worst. Check in is 3 pm and we arrived a little early so were told the room was not ready because they had been full up the night before. We left and had something to eat. Returned about 45 mins later and room was still not done. We waited another 45 mins and I finally asked if we could check into a room that was done. The response was "NO! We are waiting on clean linens." I told them I did not want to be ugly but that was not my problem and surely there were rooms that were ready. She started a tyraid about how she had not had any sleep, only had 3 people cleaning and now she was going to have to do housekeeping to keep people from yelling at her. I should have left then but she did go find a room for us that was done. Unfortunately, the air conditioner was either very cold or would shut off and it got hot in the room. The hair dryer on the wall didn't work. The ice machine didn't work. The soda machine was sold out for the two days we stayed. Breakfast was supposed to be included at 7:30 am. but at 8:30 am the lobby door was still locked! I would never go here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patricia O

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

They struggled this weekend with the very high number of guests and they tried really hard to accommodate everyone's needs. Overall it was a very nice stay for the price. Breakfast was fine as well. I will give them a good rate because this was an atypical weekend and they did their best with the resources available.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Fausto P
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was about the only hotel left for our weekend stay, which was unfortunate for us. The price was way too high for the quality of this hotel. When we checked in, the guy in front of us was told that even though he booked (and had confirmation) that they were overbooked and he was out of luck but ours was good. We get to the room and the carpet had black stains all over it. We took a pic of the air conditioning unit because it had mold all in it and my brother said there was black mold in his room. Breakfast was supposed to be served from 7-10. We went down at 8:45 and no breakfast. Apparently there was a staff problem, which we got to hear all about over and over. They finally put some donuts out and some biscuits but never had gravy. They even brought out a syrup bottle that might have had a tablespoon of syrup in it. The woman up front kept trying to get someone to run to the store to get milk and coffee because they were out of everything on a known busy (tax free shopping) weekend. Then the woman proceeded to tell another worker that she had heard people talking bad about her and how she had worked 24 hours and she shouldn't have to do that because they make more money than she does. We had to hear that 24 hour thing over and over during our wait for breakfast and how she needed some sleep and we shouldn't be upset because there is no breakfast. But I paid for something and it should have been included. And they had to give three refunds in the time we were eating our donuts because of problems in the rooms such as toilets not working. The lady even said that she had a lazy maintenance worker who wouldn't get up to work on problems. My brother's room (two queen beds; ours was one king bed) did not include a fridge or microwave and was missing the remote for the television. Oh and EVERY ice machine was broken. Every last one of them.

Room Tip: Our king size room had a fridge and microwave. My brother's two queen bed room did not. No ele...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I booked a room through a deal on halfpriceozarks.com for August 1st & 2nd. I called on July 31st and confirmed my reservation. When I arrived on Friday the young lady behind the counter (who was quite rude) mentioned to her friend that was hanging around that "she" (the manager) shouldn't have given my room away, that I was still coming. She then called the manager.

The manager told me that they had "changed systems" since my reservation and there was no record of me ever making one! She also stated that she doesn't get paid for deals through other sites so she wouldn't be refunding my money. When asked if she gave away our room to someone that would be paying right then, she got angry and told us to leave.

My wife and I were in town to celebrate our 13th Wedding Anniversary. Thanks for the memory...

The place was also quite nasty. I'm actually almost glad that I was forced to go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iRobFX
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here for one night. I reserved this hotel through Priceline. When we arrived in Branson, we went straight to our show, SIX. Highly recommend this show. Then to Andy's Custard, also wonderful. It was after 11:00 pm when we arrived at the hotel. The desk person told us that Priceline had overbooked them and there no rooms available. Not a good way to start your vacation. The rooms were very basic. No frills. The breakfast was ok, but the room is small and crowded. The lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful, She was the best part of the stay. She felt bad for us and let us stay in a room that was being remodeled. Not ideal, but a bed to sleep in at midnight. Would try to stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlotte W
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Room was not clean, we had to wait to be checked in. They had any angry people in the lobby as we tried to check in because they was over booked by hotel.com. Its bad when the hotel staff lives on site, yes they live in the hotel rooms. We tried to get coffee at the lobby around 8:00 a.m. and it was closed. Many people sitting waiting for the manager to open the Lobby for breakfast, including the staff so they could go to work, not kidding. The pool was awful and unmaintained not clean and things not picked up around it, they couldn't even mow the grass around the pool. It was a couple of feet high. The couple checking out in front of us complained about a dirty room with blood on the sheets and lipstick on the towels and that was their 3rd room. When the gentlemen asked for a refund, the manager said sorry I cant help you. You booked through again hotels.com and you didn't pay me so you will have to take it up with them, In short this hotel needs to be upgraded and cleaned, the staff fired and replaced with people who care about there jobs and don't say sorry it was a long night and I cant haul myself out of bed on time to (3 Hours LATE!) open the Lobby so the people who pay your wage can have breakfast or at the very least a cup of coffee. When we was finally able to get into the Lobby, the breakfast was not what I would call a breakfast..they where out of everything even coffee I had to make my own. Needless to say we went elsewhere to get something to eat I would never stay there again. I would sleep in my vehicle before I spent my money there to pay a property who employees make it more of there personal play ground than a place for the guests to stay. P.S. You'll get better service at your own home.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jodey f
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We booked a double queen room. 4 adults. When we got to the inn the office was closed with a note taped on the door and gave a number to call for emergencies only. I called the number & a young boy answered. He immediately came & started the process of getting our room. We ask for nonsmoking & was told it was nonsmoking. We got to the room & it reeked of cigarettes. The carpet was old & it didn't look very clean. The bathroom floor was sort of clean. I walked around with shoes on. Also so we got 3 wash clothes & 3 towels, there were 4 of us. So we had to go find them and get more. When we left after our first night we got no housekeeping. So when we returned we had to go to the front office & get wash clothes, towels, soap, & toilet paper! We stayed 3 nights but we won't be staying here again!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family