“convenient, clean, comfortable and worth the value”

Branson Plantation Inn
Ranked #114 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 3 July 2010

Clean room, comfortable bed, friendly staff and nice pool for the kids.T.his hotel is located just off the main drag in Branson. We would stay here again. The contential breakfast includes cold items such as donuts, toast, cereal, juice and coffee. Microwavable oatmeal is available.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
happyalways28, Director of Sales at Branson Plantation Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2011

We are always delighted when our customers enjoy their stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2008

We stayed here for 2 days, the room was clean and the breakfast was better than average for a continental breakfast, they had biscuits with sausage gravy, delicious. Really the only negative was they never cleaned the room the whole time we stayed. We had to go ask for towels and toilet paper, we like our room cleaned when we come back to the room, so we were a little surprised at this.But for the price, not bad.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ginnylou
Reviewed 28 November 2005

Room was not clean. Sold a non-smoking room that had been chain smoked in. Stinch from the smoking was unbearable. Asked for another room at 11pm and was told to turn on an ozone machine that was in the room on a table in the corner (hint), given a can of spray.
Returned to the office at midnight. Locked and dark.
Moved to a lovely Days Inn across the street after a sleepless, miserable night. Was told I could not be moved to a room that was waiting for a 1pm guest the next afternoon because my room would not be fumigated in time for them?? I was given a refund for the two nights I was not staying, I had to ask for the first (and only) night to be refunded it was never offered to me for my inconvience. No other amenities. No coffee pot in room, no shampoo, lotion, etc.. Would not recommend the Plantation Inn in Branson.

3  Thank Tngotravel
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 12 June 2005

My family and I stayed here for a weekend like we always do. We usually just go to Silver Dollar City. This hotel wasn't exactly bad, but just outdated. First trying to get there was an extreme hassle because its off the highway at a very strange exit. At night it was essecially hard due to no street lights. The rooms i must admit were very spacious you could acctually walk by someone! However they did not have Queen size beds. All they had were doubles. The roomed smelled like smoke, even when we had requested a non-smoking room. I have a 6 year old, a sixteen year, old and me and myself. The sink area was so small which made brusing our teeth very difficult. The parking lot had tons of rocks which hit our car. The staff wasn't friendly, but rather bored. The breakfast however was very good. I wouldn't recomend this hotel to families at all.

• Stayed: February 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Searcy, Arkansas
Reviewed 28 September 2004

Hotel was not at all what I expected after reading the great reviews. The cleanliness was definitely not up to par and the decor was (for lack of a better word) depressing. Staff was indeed friendly but will definitely find a different location to stay next time.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sarcoxie, MO
Reviewed 8 August 2004

We stayed here from Aug 5th through Aug 8th, 2004. We have stayed at a couple of other hotels in Branson before but after reading the reviews, we had decided to try this hotel this year. The price was average for 4 people ($50). The pool is nice. I would have liked to have had a hot tub. We enjoyed the close proximity to so many things along the strip. The restaurant is good, typical Branson buffet. The beds were a little too firm for us. (That is when the hot tub would have come in handy.) Our room was kind of noisy. We got a lot of vehicle noise from the small road right beside the hotel. (There was a gap between the door and the jam and we could see daylight through it. That may have been the reason for the noise coming in.)You could however see the fireworks every night from Celebration City. Everyone here is very nice and helpful. Rooms are clean with plenty of space for 4 people. All in all it isn't a bad hotel, we probably will not stay here again.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Crocker, MO
Reviewed 13 July 2004

After having worked in the cleaning indrusty - I know the definition of clean. Housekeeping needs a little help at the Plantaion Inn.

After all the wonderful reviews I read on trip advisor, I decided to give Plantation Inn a shot. Small things that would be overlooked by most will get noticed by myself.

Lets confirm the positive aspects of this hotel first.

--Very friendly staff makes you feel at home
--Well maintained grounds makes for a pleasant atmosphere to relax
--No bugs
--Great location accessible from the yellow route and the strip.
--I was impressed with hotel because the pictures on the hotel website dont do it alot of justice. Its really nicer than it looks.

I was however, unimpressed with the cleanliness of our room. Most importantly - Our Bathroom Was Clean - No hair in the tub, however the rest of our room need attention to detail. The carpets needed a good vacumming in the corners and all around the edges of the room. the little ledges on the furniture need a good dusting, and worst of all... I noticed how dirty the floor was behind the nightstand after having to pick up a toy that my child threw back there. I pulled the nightstand out so housekeeping could see it too. As we loaded up our family van and cleared the room out we let the housekeeper in the room to get started and she put that nightstand right back where it belonged without cleaning under it. Also, when we checked into our room - I was browsing through the drawer of the nightstand and found trash from a previous guest including an old calling card & the guests reservation confirmation with all of their personal info on it. Its probably still there cause I think I put it back.

--The Plantation Inn Restaraunt was ok.
The food was good except for the scrambled eggs which had a fishy taste to them - and the coffee was so weak you could see right through the pot. And, Our server who was very professional and gave great service, looked like a total slob.

--Would I recommend it?
Sure, if you feel 50 a night is a good deal, and you can refrain from nit picking every little thing. There are no refridgerators, microwaves, coffeemakers, or hair dryers in the room. There is no free continental breakfast. The rooms are almost clean enough to stay in and the grounds are in tip top shape.

--Will I stay again?
Probably not. The amenities do not meet my needs. And the carpets really turned me off. Most dust is made up of dead skin cells shed from the human body.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member