“Fantastic food!”
Review of Crazy Cajun Citchen - CLOSED

Crazy Cajun Citchen
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: View
Description: Located on the site of Lakeview Campground. A Cajun splash decor on the outdoor porch with a wonderful view of Tablerock Lake. An indoor dining room with anitque and Louisiana decor. Very casual and friendly !!We are seasonal open April - Oct. Call for opening and closing dates.
Reviewed 19 September 2013

If you want a fancy or large restaurant this ain't it. If you want great etoufee & beignets then don't miss it. I thought the price was a little high until I got the food. The etoufee was packed with crawfish. I got a bowl & ended up taking half of it for another meal. My dad loved it so much that he ordered another bowl to go. I saw complaints about the containers. I thought it a bit strange but the food was hot, delicious & filling. When I couldn't eat it all, I just put the lid back on. The beignets-yumm! I thought that I was @ the Cafe Du Monde. Wish I lived closer!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

While out at Table Rock looking around we happened upon this great little place...I say little because we ate out on the "porch". It was a beautiful day and they were serving lunch outside. there was a dining room but we never saw it. The food was good in my limited knowledge of Cajun cuisine. I had Shrimp Jambalaya. The shrimp was perfectly cooked..not tough as when overcooked...the flavors were pleasingly spicy without taking the hide off the tongue and taste buds. My husband is a reluctant Cajun food tester. He had the catfish which was tasty and well cooked but he felt it needed just a bit more spice to qualify as Cajun. The server was pleasant and chatty bu not too much so. We enjoyed a nice lunch out doors with a hot peach cobbler with ice cream for dessert. A happy surprise to finish with.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We have lived in the Branson area for about 1.5 years and are still searching out the best places to eat in the area. Most of the best food is off the beaten path in small family run businesses. This is one of the gems. Darrell and Cathy are so friendly, you think you're eating with family. And the food!!! Fried green beans, E'touffe, fried catfish: all delicious. Even the sides of potato salad and mixed vegetables were in a separate class from the same offerings at other places. We are sorry it took us this long to "discover" them and can't wait for our next visit. For those who complain about the plastic ware and bottled beverages.... learn to appreciate the food instead of the plate. Besides, the quirky non-traditional place and plastic ware just add to the special relaxed Cajun feelin'.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This place should be a "go to" for any Cajun food lover visiting the Branson area. It's secluded back by Silver Dollar City and had a very relaxing, family like environment. The food was awesome and the owner, Daryl, was very personable- taking time to visit with our group and explain what went into the dishes. We love restaurants that have a hometown authentic feel and this one definite met the mark! The service was also excellent. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Was it the fine hospitality or good food that was most enjoyable? Not sure which we enjoyed more. But I do know I am very happy we decided to the make this a stop along our way on a recent road trip. My husband & I travel quite a bit on motorcycle and I use Tripadvisor religiously when choosing interesting and affordable places to dine, stay, and visit. So in planning a trip thru KY, IL, MO, AR, and back to TN, I came across this place in Branson which offers Cajun cuisine and had a good rating. My husband loves Cajun food and does not get it that often so I made this a planned stop along our route. We almost did not go there because we were going to arrive in the Branson area around 11 or so and did not know if we wanted to wait till noon to eat and therefore arrive at our destination an hour later. So we killed a little time shopping and such and arrived there around noon. Being a Thursday, they were not that busy at the time and Cathy (one of the owners) spent a few minutes chatting with us while we decided on what to order. We placed our orders and a little later her husband, Darell, came in to chat. We were on our motorcycle and as he is also a motorcycle enthusiast, he struck up a conversation with my husband. He left and then our orders arrived. My husband had the gumbo and I had the Shrimp Creole with cornbread. Both of us enjoyed our meal very much Now let me make a few comments on some of the not as positive things others said. Their expectations are not fair based upon the nature of this business. Yes, the drinks are bottled and food is served in disposable containers. These are not my preferred choices either. But these folks started this business with the intentions of it being more take out or casual dining and are not yet set up to accommodate some of the more demanding customers' requests. Just make sure that your expectations are reasonable and I don't think you will be disappointed one bit and might even find it to be a very pleasant experience. If you want good Cajun food at a reasonable price, you should be pleased. As for the seasoning, I too like spicier, but I also understand everyone taste is different. I added a little hot sauce and it was perfect. Remember not everyone likes it as hot as others. You can't take out seasoning, but you can add to suit your taste. So I appreciate this type of consideration for all. I get so upset at restaurants that add so much salt to food that I can't eat it. I would appreciate less salt and if I want more, then I now how to pick up a salt shaker and add more. Same principle here with the hot sauce-being considerate of all tastes. We were very happy with our meal and we can be pretty picky reviewers. But the very best part to us was how friendly this couple is and their down home hospitality. It was like dining with old friends. We are both very happy we delayed our trip a little and made a special point to stop here. We will definitely make a point to stop by there again if in that area.