“Great Location but..... bed bug infested”

Quality Inn Near Dixie Stampede
Ranked #61 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Location but..... bed bug infested”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

My son and I stayed at the LaQuinta Inn Branson on the strip July 5-7th. I am frequent member of LaQuinta and was a little disappointed in this location. The location itself was great, right on the strip and near the action, however, I had to pay for a refrigerator where every other LaQuina I stay at that is standard. While the staff were pleasant and friendly (even called me to ask if eveything was ok to my satisfaction within minutes of settling in) the place was just not up to snuff. The lobby/breakfast area had a funny smell to it, definitely not a smell I would like to smell while eating breakfast, the bathroom was very tiny and...... when I got home last night I had bite marks consistent with bed bugs all over my body. We stayed in room 2027 so.... beware- I have placed an email into LaQuinta this a.m. and am awaiting a response on how they plan on rectifying situation. The indoor pool was ok, not very warm and the jacuzzi had soap suds in it when you put the jets on. I am usually ok with most places I stay as you can tell by my previous reviews but... the smell and bed bugs just won't do it for me this time around - i will not return to this location when I head back to Branson next year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Luv2travel4567
Amanda T, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Near Dixie Stampede, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
We are disappointed to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. We are currently in the process of getting refrigerators in all of our rooms. After getting your e-mail, we did have our head housekeeper check the room top to bottom, finding nothing. Shortly after that we had a professional come in to check the room as well, he did not find any infestation either. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We do hope you give us another chance in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Best location, discount tickets for the shows, clean rooms, pet friendly, and a good breakfast. What more could you be looking for in Branson. The staff in this LaQuinta are wonderful, always friendly and very helpful. The "breakfast ladies" Sharon & Barbara were great helping all of us get our breakfast after a late night. It was nice to be able to delay the cleaning of our room so as not to disturb our pet when we were out. If we needed anything all we had to do was call the desk. Liked the fact they have no carpeting in the rooms for pets that way you don't have to worry about some other dog leaving fleas in the carpet.

Room Tip: rooms for travelers with pets are on the ground floor and have a grassy area on both ends makes it s...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pistolpacinmama
Victoria, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

For fairness let me say that this was my first overnight stay in Branson. I have no comparative experiences in Branson. The room was clean and staff very friendly. They do welcome dogs, and I am a dog lover and owner, but the dogs barking in rooms could be heard from outside in the parking area. We were glad that we were not given a room next to any barking dogs. We slept well, and didn't encounter any noise problems. It's nice to have some breakfast available to get the day started. The property is obviously not new, and there are many signs of its age, but being clean is great for an older property. It was nothing to write home about, but it was an adequate room for the money. The hot water stays hot for your shower. I always consider that a plus. It was handy to get to many places we were visiting. Our room had no carpet, and I think that is very smart for an Inn that accepts pets. It was wood laminate and tile floors in our room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Monett, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

We had two adjoining rooms with My sister and brother in Law. Rooms were very clean and quite comfortable. No bells and whistles but the price was low compared to other hotels in the area. It was great for just one night.

Room Tip: When you are traveling to Branson, MO during peak vacation times, a reservation is an absolute must...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Grandview, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

just take the ugly black out of your shower areas other wise everthing else was a great place to stay rooms were very clean I do think some rooms should have refrigerators, but I do think more amenities and coffee should already be in rooms especially if you have double queen beds, .

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank frbo55
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

We loved our stay, very clean, everyone was so nice, We felt very welcome. We were able to bring our dog and they welocomed her as well. The brekfast was great, pool relaxing, and yes we did work out while on vacation and the work out area was nice too.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Amanda T, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Near Dixie Stampede, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Thank you for the kind post. We are happy you had a great stay. We are also glad you found time to use our fitness center. Thank you for staying with us.