“Great place to stay”
Review of Grand Oaks Hotel

Grand Oaks Hotel
Ranked #56 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Front desk was very nice and helpful. They display the names of the couples that are celebrating an anniversary which I thought was really cool. It was nice to walk in each day and see our name in the lobby. The room was quiet, spacious and well laid out. We stayed in the King jacuzzi room and the jacuzzi was pure bliss. I went down at one time and got in the hot tub by the pool but didn't stay long since the jacuzzi was so much better. The complimentary breakfast left a lot to be desired and we only ate it the first morning, after that we went out (I don't recommend Shoney's either), they served a different menu in each building and it would have been nice if they would have had a menu board up showing what was being served in the other building so you could decide between the two, or better yet, serve the same thing in both. The bed was really comfortable and NO bed bugs were found there. (Some friends had warned us to check this as they had to go to three different hotels the weekend before in order to find one that didn't have bedbugs) Over all it was a very enjoyable stay.....the elevator was slower than taking the stairs and there was a funky smell in it too but I would definitely stay there again. Also the location is fabulous, it is on a side loop street from the main road so you have an alternate way to get around the traffic. The indoor swimming pool was a little colder than I would have thought it should be.

Room Tip: I recommend the King jacuzzi
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 July 2011

The hotel offered us a discount if we stayed 3 or 4 nights. We decided to stay 4 nights and received a 30% discount. They had a nice inside pool with 2 hot tubs and an outside pool, as well as a workout center. The only bad thing about the workout center was the age had to be 17 to even enter. My 13 year old was not allowed even with me. They had a room with 2 washer/dryers that I did use. Only $1 per load. I had my own lap top but needed to print and used their computer/printer to do so. But, the service was friendly and quick, nice large clean rooms, good full breakfast. Well worth the price. Normal price about $89/night. With out discount $62.99/night. A great value for the amenities offered!

Room Tip: Ask about a discount for number of nights stay.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank hashj08
Reviewed 7 July 2011

This was our second stay at this hotel. We stayed in June 2011 and then again for 4 days during the 4th of July (2011) weekend/holiday. We were so impressed on our first visit we decided to go back since we live 100 miles from Branson and we visit once a month as a mini get away for family fun. I have stayed at 5 star hotels and the customer service at the Grand Oaks Hotel is the best I have ever experienced from a hotel staff. These are the nicest people you will ever meet. The rooms are extreemly clean and the matresses are perfect. They are new and expensive. My husband has back problems and he sleeps perfect. The check in is fast and they are happy to see you arrive. You actually feel good giving them money! The breakfast has wonderful biscuts and gravy with other options being waffles, sausage, eggs, fruit, cereral and bread selections. All fresh, good and free. The rooms are clean, large and you cannot hear people in the hallway or above or below. Parking lot is extreemly well lit all with new cars and nice people staying there. Excellent place for familes since they have an outdoor pool and indoor pool. A/C in the rooms will freeze you out they work so well. I can't think of anything that I didn't like about this hotel which is rare since I am extreemly picky and I love upscale hotels. Free high speed Wi Fi and Free Parking. Great coupons given upon check in. These employee's go out of their way to make sure every guest is greeted with a smile! I already have my reservations for the next couple months already made. Its also a block off the strip if you want to be close but not right on the strip. Easy access to the back routes so it is easy to get around if you want to avoid the traffic of the strip. They are doing everything RIGHT at this hotel and they deserve a wonderful review.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank happytillie
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Can't really complain about anything... We were happy. Great breakfast! Bob (the breakfast man) is a joy!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Scottnej
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Nothing really grand about Grand Oaks. We were given a king room in a building completely separate from the front desk building. However, there was a pool and breakfast was served in our building. So we never really needed to go the the "main" building.

The man that checked us in was very nice and very helpful. The room was average to below average. There was mildew growing on the walls in the bathroom. The soap and shampoo was attached on the wall of the shower/tub. The tub was a jacuzzi tub so it was nice to use that after sightseeing in Branson all day. The first day housekeeping didn't empty our ice bucket but the bed was made. Day two and three they did a better job.

The a/c worked okay once we figured out how to keep the curtain from blocking the air flow. There was a light shining into our window all night. The curtains were not very good at blocking light. The beds were fairly comfortable however the pillows were AWFUL unless of course you like torn foam stuffed into a piece of material.

The furniture is worn and in need of replacement.

Since we didn't spend a whole lot of time in our room it wasn't horrible. But if we ever go back to Branson we will probably try to stay somewhere else. We only stayed here because it was part of a package we got at the Branson Tourism Center.

Oh! They do have breakfast from 6:30 - 9:30 a.m.. We never made it to breakfast because we slept in but there are LOTS of places to eat fairly cheap!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TexasAngel63
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I don't live far from Branson but it was late so I decided to stay down there. I went to a few other places first they were either too high priced or did not really feel safe but I finally found the Grand Oaks and kathy was wonderful! she told me about their eclub I signed up right there at the desk and I got the 20% dicount. I loved the decor and the breakfast was great I really liked that they had a rotating hot item. I went with a girl friend so it was very nice to have the 2 vanities in the room I hate sharing a sink with anyone Ineed my space! I love the people at the front desk they said hi to me everytime I came in the doors. And when I woke up at 4 in the morning I had a great front desk girl to talk with while I drank my coffee. I don't think I can come up with a single bad thing to say. Thank you! I really love this place so it will now be my new home in Branson.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank gintator
Reviewed 4 June 2011

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
What a great time we had... The staff was so very pleasant, even just passing in the halls, and Alyssa at the front desk sure does know her job and does it well !! She was so very helpful with suggestions of shows and directions, even gave number to hotel to call if we got lost. She as out "ON STAR" service for the Best and First time in Branson.
Breakfast was filling and satisfying, room clean and comfortable, and was SO HAPPY TO SEE EXTRA PILLOWS IN DRAWER!!! ( hotel pillow usually need more filling ) SO A BIG THANK YOU FOR THE PILLOWS!!
WILL BE BACK WITH A SMILE AND HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE ON THE STAFF THERE AGAIN!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends