“Great Stay....Will Come Again”
Review of Grand Oaks Hotel

Grand Oaks Hotel
Ranked #57 of 140 Hotels in Branson
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Great Stay....Will Come Again”
Reviewed 16 June 2008

Just returned from grand oaks hotel today....we stayed in bldg 1..room with 2 queens...a normal room...clean...had all the things we needed,,however,,there was no fan in the bathroom which was wierd so when ya take a shower it gets real hot ,,then ya have to wait a while to put your face on and do hair for the mirror to dry,,but oh well....the hot breakfast was ok..standard...biscuits n gravy,,,french tst,,,waffles...oatmeal....I have stayed alot nicer..but for the price and location..it was great,,,its right off the strip so its not so crazy...and ya got a walmart and a grocery store right by ya,,and a mcdonalds(yeaH) for the kids!!! 2 hot tubs also indoors were relaxing with plenty of lounge chairs,,,2 pools also one in and one out....we had a nice stay....fitnes center...and laundry also onsite.....

• Liked — pools
  • Disliked — no fans in bathrooms
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank headed2thebeach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
arkansas
Reviewed 2 June 2008

We booked our rooms thru the Branson Tourism Center and I think that was our first mistake....more about that later. This hotel is just OK. It is actually two buildings, the one in the front has the "deluxe" rooms. The building around back, or building two, is where we stayed. We felt like red headed stepchildren after comparing the other building with ours. All in all the rooms were very small and shabby looking. The continental breakfast was biscuits and gravy (not good tasting) and canned fruit and stale donuts. I just was not impressed at all. Now back to the Branson Tourism Center, Do NOT repeat NOT book any packages and rooms thru them. When you go to pick up your tickets they put a lot of pressure on you to do one of those tour a vacation resort things. They tried to get us to go for a two hour presentation of the Wyndham Resorts or something like that. Even after telling them no, they kept on and on.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — rooms were too run down
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
St. Louis
Reviewed 2 June 2008

My husband and I booked the Grand Oaks for our first ever kid-free weekend. We had a blast! Branson was wonderful and the Grand Oaks was a great base for our busy, 3-day weekend.

We stayed in a king, jacuzzi room in building 1. The decor was tasteful and the room was comfortable and clean. Each morning our breakfast included the usual continental fare, along with hot options. Twice there were oatmeal, waffles and french toast. One morning was biscuits and gravy.

There was one employee at the front desk who was there everytime we passed by, morning or night. She was always cheerful and also recommended a few dining options to us.

One of my favorite things about the Grand Oaks is it's location. It is situated with easy access to 76. However, being located on Green Mountain, we could always take alternate routes to avoid the holiday weekend traffic on the main strip, which was very heavy at times.

On a side note, be sure to check out Branson Landing. It was our first time being down there and a great spot to hang out. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at the Cantina Laredo at our patio table overlooking the Lake and Fire and Water Show. It was definitely one of my favorite experiences from the weekend.

I hope we can make this an annual tradition for me and my husband. We will definitely consider the Grand Oaks in the future.

• Liked — Location, Cleanliness
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank csvess
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 April 2008

Booked a weekend trip to Branson and stayed at the Grand Oaks for a 2nd time. The 2nd time around was just as enjoyable as my 1st time staying there. Very clean room, Great friendly staff that greets your when you enter and leave there hotel. Speedy check in and check out. Above average breakfast.
The Hotel has two buildings. Building one has the inside pool and building 2 has the outside pool. When I checked in I was booked in Building 2. when I went to the room it was large and very nice but I wanted to be in the building with the inside heated pool since it was cold that weekend. So after calling the front desk I was told to come back to the front and she would move me to building 1 without a problem. By the time I drove back to the front desk (which was less then 5 minutes) the desk lady had my new room key ready and we exchanged keys and I was on my way to my new room in building one. Great service!!!
The hotel is tops on my list when I visit Brason because of the great location,price and very friendly staff that makes your visit so enjoyable.

• Liked — Staff And Clean Rooms
  • Disliked — 1 of the Spas Was Not Working
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Belleville, IL
Reviewed 23 March 2008

We arrived a couple of hours early and asked if we could check in. We had to wait an hour for our room but that was our fault., after all we were early. They were very accomodating getting us in before check in. Also was not a frig in our room (even though I asked for one when I made the reservation). They brought one in and set it up for us. The room was wonderful. We had a jacuzzi suite. We have stayed at quite a few Marriots and Hiltons and this was just as nice. If there was one thing that disappointed us, it was the complimentary breakfast. Not only was the only hot thing oatmeal (which I hate), what they did have was not good. The doughnuts were stale and the fruit was canned. When I mentioned at check out that we didn't like the breakfast, the manager said we should have went to the other building because they had bisquits and gravy. I told him no one told us that and if they would have, we would have went over there. They need to tell people what building is serving what hot breakfast item. Other than the breakfast, it was great and well worth the price.

• Liked — Jacuzzi
  • Disliked — Complimentary breakfast
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Edwardsville, IL
Reviewed 22 March 2008

"They don't have doors that open by themselves!" was the first thing I said to my kids as we walked in.

One elevator.

Small room, barely any room for the futon that we paid $10 extra for. Beds were very hard! Although I like a hard bed, the rest of my family does not.

The hotel did not look at all like the pictures on their website. The gal at the front desk said that the deluxe rooms were only called deluxe because they needed to differentiate between the rooms in the two buildings. We didn't see the other building, but our building and room were in no way deluxe.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Cami40
Indiana
Reviewed 23 October 2007

We stayed 3 nights at Grand Oaks. We were offered a room with 2 queen beds in Bldg 1, a king sized bed in Bldg 2 or upgrade to a jacuzzi suite for $30/night extra. After reading some of the reviews from those that stayed in Bldg 2, I was a little nervous but we went with the king room. The front desk advised all of Bldg 2 is non-smoking and I didn't smell a hint of smoke anywhere. They have signs in the rooms that say if you do smoke, they will bill you an extra $250 to sanitize the room when you leave. I think that's a good deterrent!! The bed was comfortable. The only issue we had was that they hide the blanket - it's not on the bed, it's in the drawer?!?!? Although we did not upgrade to the jacuzzi suite, we still had a jetted bathtub. If you want to go swimming, it is an uphill hike to Bldg 1, so we drove instead. The breakfast was decent and served in both buildings. Very close to Wal-Mart, grocery & Panera Bread. Overall, very pleased and would stay there again.

• Liked — Convenient location to all the attractions.
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple