“Nice Hotel”
Review of Grand Oaks Hotel

Grand Oaks Hotel
Ranked #56 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 11 September 2008

Our one night stay was booked at this hotel by our Timeshare Co. who somehow lost our reservation when we arrived in the middle of the night. We were exhausted & just wanted to go to bed. The desk clerk was very nice & acted quickly to get us into our room. The room was clean & pleasant and the bed was comfortable. The pillows were a little flat though & the bathrooms need a fan/vent. The breakfast was very good. The staff were all very pleasant and the attendants at breakfast were very hospital. A late departure was also arranged for us so we has some time to relax before checking into our timeshare. That gave us some time to look around the hotel. The only negative was that the indoor pool had too much chlorine & we couldn't even stand inside the door without our eyes burning. Overall if we had to find a place to stay in Branson again - I would definitely return here.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 September 2008

It was okay, I mean if you're used to nicer it's an adjustment, but at least it's clean. The entire building smelled like chlorine, so be prepared. Must be because the indoor pool. It's bare minimum and somewhere to stay if you plan to not be in the hotel a lot. We slept fine....well...until the mornings when you could hear the kids in the room next to us...so yes, paper thin walls, but theirs thruth in the fact that you get what you pay for. It's right by Wal-Mart, Panera and McDonals, too. So, I think this hotel is average...no real problems...just average because it's nothing special when you're used to higher rated hotels. I'd probably stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2008

My family and I received 2 free nights at Grand Oaks. It was conveniently located - mini golf, Panera, Walmart, and several other eateries. They also serve breakfast in which they alternate between bldg 1 & 2 on continental and a hot buffet - not bad though. My children LOVED the outdoor pool, there was another one in bldg 1. My only complaint is that it smelled like smoke. With my son's asthma this was a problem. Needless to say we only stayed 1 night. I'm glad I didn't have to pay.

Reviewed 2 August 2008

I've come to a decision that there are people out there that are so pessimistic and love to complain about each and every little tidbit in life, including on these reviews.

We booked through HOTWIRE and got a rate of $39 per night for this hotel. We were stoked just about the rate! We stayed 4 nights.

We were in building 2 the building in the back with the outdoor pool. The place was very clean. Our room was clean and smelled fresh. The beds were just fine, I actually got the best night sleep on this vacation that I've gotten in a long time. I don't know about the beds being hard, ours sure weren't. And I had read a lot of reviews about plastic on the beds?? There were no plastic of any kind on our bed under the sheets?!?!
The only thing I could complain about was the light that snuck in ever so brightly under the blinds and above them from the parking lot outside (What can I say, I need it dark), but that was easily remedied by using the comforter off one of the beds and tucking it in over the blinds, perfect!

The breakfast was wonderful. Cereals, biscuits and gravy, waffles, french toast, oatmeal, fruit, toast, english muffins, even peanut butter and jelly, oh and doughnuts. Coffee and two juices and milk were the beverage choices. How can you go wrong with all that?? We were full and satisfied each morning.

The outdoor pool was just what we needed, clean and refreshing! Just what we needed in the hot temperatures!

The staff were all pleasant and full of hellos and smiles.

One needs to keep in mind. This is a 2 star hotel, not a 3, 4 or 5 star hotel. So for 2 stars and what you get out of this hotel, we say it's a perfect place to stay, and we'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

Hope this helps some readers reading this review.

Reviewed 22 July 2008

We recently traveled to Branson for a family vacation. I looked at several options for lodging and this one SEEMED great, deluxe rooms, indoor and outdoor pool, great location etc. The front desk people were nice even gave us an option of what floor we wanted to stay on. But that is about as good as it got. The beds were HORRIBLE! The hardest and loudest bed I have ever slept on. It sounded like it was filled with plastice wrap. Every time my husband or chirldren turned over it woke the rest of us up. The walls are also very thin. I heard the people next door coughing all night and going to the bathroom. The bathroom was very small. The door barely missed the toilet when you opened it. The indoor pool was small and had a very strong chlorine odor. The hot tubs were small and not jetted, and dirty. The breakfast wasn't too bad. We checked out after one night and went to a local condo. The rest of our stay in Branson was wonderful.

1  Thank wkburch
Reviewed 21 July 2008

Stayed here through a time share tour. We were nervous, but EXTREMELY satisfied in the end.

Very clean, very friendly, good breakfast(for a free breakfast).

Minuses were beds were too firm for me. Pillows were very thin and the indoor pool was cold. However, compared to other Branson area hotels, this was one of the best we have stayed at!

1  Thank Traylor1
Reviewed 16 June 2008

Just returned from grand oaks hotel today....we stayed in bldg 1..room with 2 queens...a normal room...clean...had all the things we needed,,however,,there was no fan in the bathroom which was wierd so when ya take a shower it gets real hot ,,then ya have to wait a while to put your face on and do hair for the mirror to dry,,but oh well....the hot breakfast was ok..standard...biscuits n gravy,,,french tst,,,waffles...oatmeal....I have stayed alot nicer..but for the price and location..it was great,,,its right off the strip so its not so crazy...and ya got a walmart and a grocery store right by ya,,and a mcdonalds(yeaH) for the kids!!! 2 hot tubs also indoors were relaxing with plenty of lounge chairs,,,2 pools also one in and one out....we had a nice stay....fitnes center...and laundry also onsite.....

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family