Grand Oaks Hotel
76 Inn(Branson)
  • Breakfast included
Gazebo Inn(Branson)
View Hotel
All reviewspancake machinefront deskindoor pooloatmealpanera breadenglish muffinsstay there againroom was cleanevery other dayoff the stripcontinental breakfasttwo sinksmain buildingthe breakfast areahousekeeping staffbiscuitsvery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2009

We stayed 3 nights at Grand Oaks the end of June. Arriving a little late the clerk said she could not accommodate our reservation and we would have to pay extra for the main building. Since we were tired I did not argue.The room was clean and modern, pool looked nice, but had a few problems they fixed the next day while we were out.. (main light not working and toilet running.) The location works out well for getting around to the attractions. The price was ok but other hotels looked just as nice or better for the price. I called back when I got home and the reservationist cheerfully refunded the extra money we had to pay when I gave her my confirmation number.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Really enjoyed seeing the Butterfly Palace, Noah. Only sour note of whole trip was dealing with the Ghost and Haunted Tour people. I had not gotten a pamphlet from them only a phone number. I called to get a reservation. I was only intending to go myself but the young man on the phone told me that I should go ahead and reserve space for the other 3 people and that if they didn't show I would not be charged. Other people in the hotel room heard the conversation. When I arrived at the office for the tour I was told that was not the case but when I explained that to the office manager he told me that he would handle the situation and that "they would do what he told them to do." And of course I had a $60.00 charge on my account when I got home. I called about it and the office manager told me that he had reviewed the case and that the "young woman" I talked to (and he provided a name) had told me that I would be charged. When I explained that I had in fact not spoken to a "young woman" but had spoken to a young man...he said he needed to check into the matter. Interesting...he had started the conservation of telling me he had already "checked into the matter" When he called me back of course it was the same thing that I hadn't been told that at all. He stated that their policy was that if two people had a reseveration and only one showed up they would only be charged for one. But if 3 people had a reseveration and only one showed up they would be charged for the two that didn't show. I managed to get a flyer from someone who had also visited Branson. I looked at the bottom of the flyer and it said all people would be charged if they did not show up for their reservations. That makes sense to me but I did not have the flyer at the time and could only go on what was told me over the phone. If you follow the thread there are actually 3 different stories on how this company charges people for missed reservations. In their response to the Better Business Bureau the company is asserting that I am a wicked person who is trying to get money from an honest company but in the next sentence they said I just didn't understand what I had been told. So they are saying a wicked, evil, and stupid person. I will admit that the young lady who gave the tour understood her material very well and my time with her was enjoyable. It is with regret that I have to say that the company she works for is not an honest company as they assert and they will attack on a personal level if you speak up for your rights.

Reviewed 16 July 2009

My wife and 12 yr old son stayed at Grand Oaks and were more than pleased. Although we were only there 2 nights I was very happy with the hotel and staff. The hotel is in the middle of everything. 1/2 block from Mcdonalds and Wall-Mart. It is just far enough off the strip to keep traffic out. The rooms are very clean. Front desk will bendover backwards for you. They give great directions as well. My check out was and eleven this morning. I explained to the staff my wife wanted to stay while we went to the park. They let us stay untill one P.M. with no extra charge. The pool is very clean, which has been a prob at other hotels. I'f you are going to Branson try Grand Oaks.

1  Thank mikebtulsa_Ok
Reviewed 14 July 2009

My family and I visited Branson for our summer vacation. We thorughly enjoyed our stay and even booked an extra two nights because of the great service. The pool is spacious and not small by any means. Breakfast was satisfying and my 6 yr old and I went down to the other building to eat one morning b/c they had the waffles there. The room was cleaned on request and I cant see where the bad reviews come from. Maybe some people are just too spoiled. Good Job Staffers from Grand Oaks. You made our trip worth another visit. Thanks

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I booked this hotel on Priceline as a 2-star property for $40 - what I had hoped was a good deal --WRONG! My family and I checked in late at night. We entered our room in building 2 and began unpacking and getting ready for bed. Our first impressions weren't great, but all we needed was a place to sleep. When I pulled the sheets back, I discovered hair -- gross! Not wanting to make a big deal in front of the kids, my husband called the front desk and told them he was coming for two new sets of sheets. When he returned, we began making the bed again and found MORE HAIR IN THE "CLEAN" SHEETS! Totally unacceptable. No way would we would allow our family to sleep in these nasty conditions, so we packed up and headed out. My husband stopped at the front desk to tell them them we would not be staying and the front desk was unapologetic and unwilling to process any kind of a refund. They told us we needed to take our issue up with Priceline.

We headed north out of Branson and I was on the phone with Priceline for nearly two hours. (between 11:30 pm and 1:30 am!!!) They could not or would not guarantee any kind of refund and told us we would have to wait until the morning when they could request the refund from the hotel manager - but they wouldn't promise any money back. In the meantime, all they would offer to do for us is to locate another hotel at a much higher rate -- no way.

Thank goodness for our GPS. We eventually found a great Residence Inn in Joplin.

If you don't mind sleeping in someone else's sheets - then the Grand Oaks is the place for you. If not -- find another location!!

2  Thank TexasFloMoMom