“Clean, friendly, and convienient location”
Review of Grand Oaks Hotel

Grand Oaks Hotel
Ranked #52 of 140 Hotels in Branson
St. Louis
“Clean, friendly, and convienient location”
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We were traveling with our 2 small children, ages 4 and 6. We found the Grand Oaks to have very friendly staff upon check in. We got to our room, in building 1, and found it to be clean and better than expected. They have an indoor heated pool that is open year round, as well as 2 hot tubs. The kids kept busy in the pool and loved that it was early April and they were able to be swimming. The hotel also offers free internet to those staying in building 1, which was a big plus in my book. I always travel with my laptop and it was great to be able to use the internet free of charge.

The great location was convienient to the strip, but far enough off to make it quiet. Several attratctions are even within walking distance. They provided a nice continental breakfast, free of charge, that also included warm foods too. Overall, we had a nice stay and would stay there again on our next visit to Branson.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 21 September 2009

We were a large group staying for several days. We were in Building 1. The rooms were clean, the location the best. We were not too far from the alternate routes for faster access to shows, shopping and good eating. We were an older group so the elevator was a real plus.

• Stayed September 2009
OKLAHOMA
Reviewed 16 September 2009

I received an e-mail about special rates, so decided to book a room. We have stayed at
this hotel for many years. Even at the special rate, I believe the rooms are still a bit over-priced. I belong to their e-club, so I felt that surely was the best rate available, but am not sure that to be the case. Anyway, we were supposed to get a coupon book upon arrival,
didn't get it. Had to ask for it on the second day. The staff has never been overly-friendly.
The toilet in our room over-flowed, we were given another room, and the sink backed up
in it. I told the desk upon check-out, didn't get an apology or an offer to take anything off the bill. Both rooms had an odor to them. With that said, that is why I feel that there is room for improvement. I do love their pool, they could use new hot tubs, the jets aren't that strong. They could use a good cleaning, also.
I was booked in building 2 one time, and didn't like it at all. We got ou money back and left.
Grand Oaks, with a little improvement and rate reduction, you would be rate an A.
One more thing, they now charge to use the fitness room--not good!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 20 August 2009

We stayed 3 nights at Grand Oaks the end of June. Arriving a little late the clerk said she could not accommodate our reservation and we would have to pay extra for the main building. Since we were tired I did not argue.The room was clean and modern, pool looked nice, but had a few problems they fixed the next day while we were out.. (main light not working and toilet running.) The location works out well for getting around to the attractions. The price was ok but other hotels looked just as nice or better for the price. I called back when I got home and the reservationist cheerfully refunded the extra money we had to pay when I gave her my confirmation number.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Frankfort, KY
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Really enjoyed seeing the Butterfly Palace, Noah. Only sour note of whole trip was dealing with the Ghost and Haunted Tour people. I had not gotten a pamphlet from them only a phone number. I called to get a reservation. I was only intending to go myself but the young man on the phone told me that I should go ahead and reserve space for the other 3 people and that if they didn't show I would not be charged. Other people in the hotel room heard the conversation. When I arrived at the office for the tour I was told that was not the case but when I explained that to the office manager he told me that he would handle the situation and that "they would do what he told them to do." And of course I had a $60.00 charge on my account when I got home. I called about it and the office manager told me that he had reviewed the case and that the "young woman" I talked to (and he provided a name) had told me that I would be charged. When I explained that I had in fact not spoken to a "young woman" but had spoken to a young man...he said he needed to check into the matter. Interesting...he had started the conservation of telling me he had already "checked into the matter" When he called me back of course it was the same thing that I hadn't been told that at all. He stated that their policy was that if two people had a reseveration and only one showed up they would only be charged for one. But if 3 people had a reseveration and only one showed up they would be charged for the two that didn't show. I managed to get a flyer from someone who had also visited Branson. I looked at the bottom of the flyer and it said all people would be charged if they did not show up for their reservations. That makes sense to me but I did not have the flyer at the time and could only go on what was told me over the phone. If you follow the thread there are actually 3 different stories on how this company charges people for missed reservations. In their response to the Better Business Bureau the company is asserting that I am a wicked person who is trying to get money from an honest company but in the next sentence they said I just didn't understand what I had been told. So they are saying a wicked, evil, and stupid person. I will admit that the young lady who gave the tour understood her material very well and my time with her was enjoyable. It is with regret that I have to say that the company she works for is not an honest company as they assert and they will attack on a personal level if you speak up for your rights.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
tulsa, Ok
Reviewed 16 July 2009

My wife and 12 yr old son stayed at Grand Oaks and were more than pleased. Although we were only there 2 nights I was very happy with the hotel and staff. The hotel is in the middle of everything. 1/2 block from Mcdonalds and Wall-Mart. It is just far enough off the strip to keep traffic out. The rooms are very clean. Front desk will bendover backwards for you. They give great directions as well. My check out was and eleven this morning. I explained to the staff my wife wanted to stay while we went to the park. They let us stay untill one P.M. with no extra charge. The pool is very clean, which has been a prob at other hotels. I'f you are going to Branson try Grand Oaks.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank mikebtulsa_Ok
CAJUN COUNTRY LOUISIANA
Reviewed 14 July 2009

My family and I visited Branson for our summer vacation. We thorughly enjoyed our stay and even booked an extra two nights because of the great service. The pool is spacious and not small by any means. Breakfast was satisfying and my 6 yr old and I went down to the other building to eat one morning b/c they had the waffles there. The room was cleaned on request and I cant see where the bad reviews come from. Maybe some people are just too spoiled. Good Job Staffers from Grand Oaks. You made our trip worth another visit. Thanks

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family