“Mixed feelings: Good hotel, HORRIBLE beds.”
Review of Grand Oaks Hotel

Grand Oaks Hotel
Ranked #56 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 18 December 2010

This isnt my first time at the Grand Oaks. My fisrt time was early in the year and I was in building two. It was great. Service is wonderful and the bed was excellent. This time, however, we were in building one. Since I have back trouble, the first thing I noticed was the old-school bed. It was absolutely horrible. I called the front desk to ask about another room and they told me all the beds were the same. (I dont understand why the good beds would ONLY be in the building that was closed half the year) I had to go buy a heating pad and sleep on pillows from the spare bed in the room. I also wish the rooms had a microwave or a fridge. My only other complaint is the pool was closed for one of two days I was here. I would suggest getting additional details before staying here.... I probably wont be staying again. The money I saved on this cheaper room I am having to spend at the doctor.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank micwil25
Kathi2315, Manager at Grand Oaks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2011

As always we appreciate comments, positive or negative, from our guests. I would like to start by apologizing that your stay with the Grand Oaks Hotel was not an enjoyable one. We are very pleased you enjoyed the new beds in our Building #2. We also regret you were uncomfortable in Building #1. Guest satisfaction in mattress firmness is very difficult to meet all the time. Everyone has their preference on hardness, softness and so forth. Some guests love these beds, others prefer the new beds. Our property made the decision to replace the beds in Building #2, rather than Building #1, based on the age of the existing mattresses in each building. The mattresses in Building #2 were approximately 12 years old, much older than the mattresses in Building #1. Referencing there not being a refrigerator or microwave in your room, our property decided to allow our Guests the opportunity to decide whether or not to have a refrigerator in their room, for a small fee, rather than raising our rates to offset the cost of putting them in every room. Even though we do not have microwaves in each room, there is one available in our lobby breakfast room at all times for our guest use. It is not often that we have to close the pool, however you were here during a time when we were full, and the pool did get a large amount of extra use during this time. The extra usage did require a shock of chemicals to balance everything out again. This is something we try to avoid at all costs. The only reason we would close the pool is for the safety of our guests. That is our main priority here at the Grand Oaks Hotel. I would be happy to discuss any of this further if you wish to contact me at the hotel. Thank you again for your comments and concerns. I do hope that you will choose to give us another opportunity to show you that we do strive to always provide above and beyond service during your stay with us. Thank you, Kathi Bennett, Asst. General Manager

Reviewed 3 December 2010

Grand Oaks is in a great location . They also serve a hot breakfast. The personnel are
all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2010

From BILL ,CHRYSTAL,ALICE and LETISHA it was good and friendly service the whole time

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I was with the Miley Reunion and we arrived on Wed. Nov.24. The rooms were very comfortable and the food was delicious.
Thanks for allowing us to use the breakfast room for our gatherings, mornings and evenings. Alice was so good to accomodate us.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2010

The Hotel was a great stay, but the room lacked some tender care. The room was dirty, the room had what looked like used sheets on the pull out.

My girls are all in their early 20's and were very disapointed with the rooms.

When I checked in, I was asked to sign a paper that said we would not have animals, or do any smoking in the building. Every time we came back to the Hotel and returned to our room on the 4th floor we got off of the elevator and could smell smoking in the hall ways. Our girls are allergic to smoke, and they could feel and taste it in their lungs.

It was a very good place to have breakfast, one of our complaints was that there was not enough room to sit and enjoy it. We met a lot of new friends while we were visiting.

The food was great. the service in the kitchen was great and the personality of all people we ran across were great.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank meyerjb59
Reviewed 24 November 2010

My husband and I have just returned home after a great trip to Branson. Our trip was made even better by our stay at the Grand Oaks Hotel. The staff was very nice, friendly, and helpful. We extended our stay by two days because we were so pleased.

Our room was exceptionally clean and neat. The mattress was excellent, the pillows were the best. I have even communicated with Kathi, Assistant General Manager, and found out what kind they were, and have ordered one for myself. I have neck problems, and I did not wake up with my neck hurting while at the Grand Oaks.

We would definitely stay at the Grand Oaks again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We stayed at the Grand Oaks Hotel in Branson for three nights. The room was nice and clean, the check-in was fast and efficient; housekeeping staff were great and the continental breakfast each morning was wonderful! The person who impressed us the most was Alice, the dining room assistant! She was outstanding!! Very people-oriented! She greeted everyone with a warm smile, had a pleasant personality, talked to folks, kept the dining tables and area clean and picked up, made sure the food was always full, and even made sure I had peanut butter for my English muffins!! WOW...she is a gem!! Make sure you keep her...people like her are hard to find and she is just what people need to start their day in a positive manner!! Thanks, Alice!! We sure enjoyed seeing you every morning!! Take care and God Bless!! ---Jim and Bonnie

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple