“Why not pets?”

Ranked #52 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Overland Park, Kansas
“Why not pets?”
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I travel several times a year. Every place I go beside Grand Oaks allows pets for a nominal fee around $10. Do you allow service animals? Therapy animals? For older people, their animals are as much a part of their family as, well, family. Why not set a few rooms near the entrances for pets? Require a signed receipt of monthly flea and tick control. Maybe a weight limit of 20-25 lbs is appropriate. Most travel animals would fit within these parameters.
I think your policy may be disenfranchising to many older visitors.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Springfield, MO
Reviewed 10 February 2011

You IDIOTS writing bad reviews about this place need to get a life. What lies you tell about this place. This place is VERY clean, VERY conviently located, and a Very friendly staff. The carpets are NOT stained. The rooms are VERY clean and when I go back to Branson I WILL be staying at The Grand Oaks. OH and by the way, The bad reviews are coming from The Grand Oaks competiters NOT actual people who have stayed there. Now Stop the LIES about this place. I would ABSOLUTLY recomend this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xaleyeskax
Kathi2315, Front Office Manager at Grand Oaks Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2011
Thank-you for your comments. We value all comments from our guests and we were very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay.We look forward to serving your needs during your next trip to the Grand Oaks Hotel!! Thanks again...

Bill Wellington
Front Office Manager
Lebanon, Missouri
Reviewed 13 January 2011

This is a nice hotel in a great location.The hotel was very quite and clean! The only thing we didn't like was the beds! They were hard as a rock! I would consider staying here again!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deana79
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 December 2010

The location of this hotel is excellent. It is in the middle of 76. We stayed at this hotel as a package deal thru Silver Dollar City. We stayed in Building 1 on the third floor. The carpet is FILTHY!! I had my socks on and they turned brown. They use the old bed spread not comforter between two sets of sheets. Who still does that? The first night there we went and bought two new comforters to use during our stay. We had two beds in our room. The housekeeping kept providing only 2 large towels and we kept asking for more but each time we would get back to the room it would still just have the 2 towels. The beds were hard and only provided two pillows per bed. And the pillows are small. The bathrooms were clean with the plus of having two sinks so with a family of 4 like us that was great. The bathroom door barely misses the toilet. It was hard to move around that. Hope this helps!

3 Thank lovesweekends94
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 25 December 2010

My family and I stayed there on Dec 21 and Dec 22, 2010. The carpets are stained, and you feel like your walking on a dirty floor. I went to front desk and they said I could check out another room. I did and it was stained as bad. I can't belive Silver Dollar City uses this hotel as part of their package deals.

3 Thank imhofs
East Texas
Reviewed 22 December 2010

This hotel is like the majority of other hotels in Branson in beginnig to show its age. The beds and pillows are terrible. Reminds you alot of a Motel 6. Otherwise it is fairly clean, if you can stand not sleeping the whole night. The A/C unit in our room sounded like a train coming thru when it cycled on. The hotel is non smoking, but apparently all the employess and guest that smoke stand at the front door and smoke. The lobby and halls reek of smoke. This is an economy hotel and you get what you pay for. I will look elsewhere when I go back to Branson.

2 Thank agman68
AR
Reviewed 18 December 2010

This isnt my first time at the Grand Oaks. My fisrt time was early in the year and I was in building two. It was great. Service is wonderful and the bed was excellent. This time, however, we were in building one. Since I have back trouble, the first thing I noticed was the old-school bed. It was absolutely horrible. I called the front desk to ask about another room and they told me all the beds were the same. (I dont understand why the good beds would ONLY be in the building that was closed half the year) I had to go buy a heating pad and sleep on pillows from the spare bed in the room. I also wish the rooms had a microwave or a fridge. My only other complaint is the pool was closed for one of two days I was here. I would suggest getting additional details before staying here.... I probably wont be staying again. The money I saved on this cheaper room I am having to spend at the doctor.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank micwil25
Kathi2315, Manager at Grand Oaks Hotel, responded to this review, 4 January 2011
As always we appreciate comments, positive or negative, from our guests. I would like to start by apologizing that your stay with the Grand Oaks Hotel was not an enjoyable one. We are very pleased you enjoyed the new beds in our Building #2. We also regret you were uncomfortable in Building #1. Guest satisfaction in mattress firmness is very difficult to meet all the time. Everyone has their preference on hardness, softness and so forth. Some guests love these beds, others prefer the new beds. Our property made the decision to replace the beds in Building #2, rather than Building #1, based on the age of the existing mattresses in each building. The mattresses in Building #2 were approximately 12 years old, much older than the mattresses in Building #1. Referencing there not being a refrigerator or microwave in your room, our property decided to allow our Guests the opportunity to decide whether or not to have a refrigerator in their room, for a small fee, rather than raising our rates to offset the cost of putting them in every room. Even though we do not have microwaves in each room, there is one available in our lobby breakfast room at all times for our guest use. It is not often that we have to close the pool, however you were here during a time when we were full, and the pool did get a large amount of extra use during this time. The extra usage did require a shock of chemicals to balance everything out again. This is something we try to avoid at all costs. The only reason we would close the pool is for the safety of our guests. That is our main priority here at the Grand Oaks Hotel. I would be happy to discuss any of this further if you wish to contact me at the hotel. Thank you again for your comments and concerns. I do hope that you will choose to give us another opportunity to show you that we do strive to always provide above and beyond service during your stay with us. Thank you, Kathi Bennett, Asst. General Manager