“Clean, but no frig even though we had one reserved”

Fall Creek Inn & Suites
Ranked #72 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Oklahoma City
“Clean, but no frig even though we had one reserved”
Reviewed 13 April 2008

This place was nice and clean for the price. However, we had reserved a refrigerator a month in advance and we called the week before we arrived to see of they had one reserved for us and they said they did. When we showed up they "didn't have any". What is the point of reserving one if they don't have any.
Staff was nice as most folks in Branson and we were gone all day and evening, only showing up to shower and sleep; so the place was adequate for us (other than promising us a frig and not having one.)

• Liked — Clean and cheap
  • Disliked — Offer a refrigerator and then never had one.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Arkie in AR
Reviewed 18 March 2008

I had contacted Fall Creek Inn the first of February to see if they accepted pets. Several hotels/motels do accept pets, however they must be under a specific weight. We have a large dog that is well over 80 lbs. I was expecting to hear the same restrictions from FCI, but to my delight they said it was fine. I booked immediately. Our check-in was wonderful with the staff being able to help with any & every need. The rooms were very clean. Our pet room was dog and urine smell-free. The grounds were very well kept. The creek located behind the hotel is very serene, the 2 small waterfalls are very pretty. For warmer weather they have a pool, bbq grills, picnic tables and horse shoe pits. There are also 2 restaurants within walking distances. We were very pleased with our entire stay. The hotel is not far from hwy 76 and the attractions, but it is very quite and relaxing. You tend to forget you are so close to the hustle and bustle. We will be staying at Fall Creek Inn every time we return to Branson.

PS: A wonderful kennel is Camp Little Paws, for overnight stays and daycare. Due to the age of our pet and certain health issues, we only used daycare this time. We have, however, boarded her for a weekend. It seems a little out of the way, but they have always consented to my requests.

• Liked — Pet Friendly For Large Dogs!! location, friendly staff, clean rooms
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Calicat13
Illinois
Reviewed 9 February 2008

We stayed at the resort the first week of November. We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the rooms. My husband & I took my parents with us. The staff was so helpful in accommodating their needs. We went to a show in Branson and the staff provided a ride for my parents to attend one of the night's festivity at the resort. The only thing that was troublesome was the light outside my parents bedroom. There was a piece missing from the blinds on the glass and it shined in while they were sleeping. We put up a blanket and that solved the problem. Otherwise, it was a great stay. I've included some pictures that I took. We stayed in a 2 bedroom lock-off.

• Stayed November 2007
1 Thank zinger430
Arkansas
Reviewed 20 June 2007

We came with our clogging teams ready for a great time as we do every year at this.Pool was ready and so were our little girls.My friend took them to the pool and I went down to get pamplets to see what to do next.(tops we were gone 30 minutes)came back and our purses were stolen.Nothing else touched(cameras;etc)We had a bad time there, won't go there anymore.

1 Thank Snickers10
Garfield, AR
Reviewed 18 June 2007

My husband and I were supposed to stay here the 14th - 17th of June. It was a horrible hotel.

They didn't bother to inform us that a dance team and a b-ball team were staying there. There were kids everywhere. Don't get me wrong we love kids. We have some. But, they were really, really noisy and were up all hours of the night. The walls at this hotel were paper thin.

We paid $100/night to stay in a jacuzzi room. The suite was right next to the swimming pool on the ground floor. Who ever heard of such a thing.

I repeatedly complained about the noise. The staff was very unhelpful. The only thing they did was say they were sorry.

We checked out the morning of the last night. The staff said they were giving us $10 off per night that we said, but they lied because after I looked at the receipt and did the math... they did no such a thing.

We are very, very unhappy with this hotel and we will never stay here again. I hope others look at this review and consider whether or not they should stay here.

Oh yeah, one other thing this hotel definitely has bugs. I received several bug bites. Very unpleasant.

• Liked — JACUZZI
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank butterflyrose101
Missouri
Reviewed 29 May 2007

My boyfriend and I don't make much money but we wanted a place to spend memorial day weekend. we picked fall creek inn because it had such low rates so we were kinda afraid of what we might find, since alot of the reviews talk about getting bit by spiders!! But our room was CLEAN. Most definately the cleanest room I have EVER stayed in, and I travel quite a bit. The room was very small but it was exactly what we needed. The bed was really comfortable. The staff was really friendly and we didn't have any problems at all. If we ever go back to Branson we will definately be staying at this hotel.

• Liked — The CLEAN room
  • Disliked — the view from our window was a wall
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank saustin3806
California
Reviewed 12 May 2007

We just returned from our trip to Branson. We usually stay at another
property, but experienced problems with them so decided to try something else. We found the Fall Creek Inn on the web and called them directly to book. We loved the location of the property! It was very peaceful and the staff was absolutely wonderful to deal with. The rooms were very clean and the beds were fantastic!! We were told the beds were brand new and pillow top. Whatever they were...they were really great! We paid a very reasonable rate and had a room on the ground floor. There is a creek and picnic area in the back that is simply wonderful! The hotel booked all our show tickets for us and got us excellent seats at every show! Pierce Arrow had to be our favorite show! We also really enjoyed the John Denver morning show at the Imax. There was so much talent and it really overwhelmed our expectations! I highly reccommend it for a morning show to get the day going! We read the reviews about the hotel and was surprised due to our extremely enjoyable stay. We made friends with the owner of the hotel while enjoying our stay. He is a Marine and has served our country on numerous occations and continues to do so. The fact that my son is in the military makes me really appreciate our soldiers and I would give my business to a U.S. soldier every chance I get! I can't say enough about this hotel and the people that work there. I can't remember ever staying at a place where the owner was as involved in the day to day operations. He really cares about his property and customers! Thank you to everyone at the Fall Creek Inn for making our Branson vacation so enjoyable! A special thanks to the owner for being so personable and willing to take the time to speak with us. You service to this country is greatly appreciated and we will always stay with you when we come to Branson! If you are going to Branson, give the Fall Creek Inn and call....you won't be disappointed!!

• Liked — Location, Location, Location
  • Disliked — No Spa with Pool.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family