“Beautiful place”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Shingle beach area with specific swimming area. Take your own life jackets if not confident out of your depth or there are some there on first come first served basis. Only five dollars per day all day to park and use facilities. A couple of picnic benches and toilets. Site very clean. Next to marina where there are boats to hire. We took an inflatable kayak and some airbeds and food and drink. Some shade available under trees. Also advise wearing swim shoes as stony and concrete under water is slippery. Beautiful scenery.

Visited August 2013

Missouri
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“very nice”
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

We camped for 1 week in our camper. The sites are nice and most very shaded lots of room in the whole place not too crowded because it is so big.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank melyan
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Campsite 78, Indian Point Corps of Engineers campground.”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We spent two nights in site 78 (pull-thru) which would be perfect except for the extreme slope away from the road, requiring about 5 inches of boards under that side, making our bottom step really high.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Donna-Ron B
anahuac, TX
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Beautiful Campground”
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

This is a lovely campground. The RV spots are generous in size and some actually have full hookups. Across the road is a restaurant, motel and a small market. Very convenient. We like being away from the hustle and bustle of Branson. This facility is about 2 miles from Silver Dollar City. We were able to use our National Park access pass, which meant the RV spot cost us $10 a night with electric.

10 Thank misspat621
Aberdeen, Scotland
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Pleasant lakeside area and RV park, but be careful”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We visited this area just to have a pleasant walk. The area is wooded with well spaced out RVs with the appropriate connections (we came by car - not RV).
The reason I am writing this review, however, is a word of warning. We found ourselves at the lakeside, at an artificial (concrete) beach. There was an area of water sectioned off for swimming (presumably to stop water craft). I didn't notice that from just above the waterline, the concrete was covered in algae, making it incredibly slippery. I found myself sliding into the water (and pulling a muscle as I slipped), and couldn't do anything to stop myself. My wife, responding to my cries of pain, also slipped and ended up in the lake with me.
I feel we were actually very lucky. Our injuries, although painful, were relatively minor (we were both bruised and grazed as well). Our clothes didn't fare so well. I ruined a new pair of trousers and algae stains are very difficult to remove.
The algae-covered concrete ramp was worse than sheet ice. Even if you went there with the intention of going for a swim, I feel it would be very easy to slip and cause yourself far greater injury than we experienced.
Be very careful.