“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #113 of 140 Hotels in Branson
McAlester, Oklahoma
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This was the perfect place for our family vacation. We were at a well-known hotel across the highway for the previous two nights & moved over to the Windmill Inn because we were miserable at the other place. The firm beds were so comfortable....far better than the soft, sagging mattresses at the other place! The Windmill had 2 large bedrooms with an adjoining bathroom area. It was more than spacious enough for our family of 6. It is an older hotel & not a 4 star, but the amenities & staff more than make up for it. The price & location will definitely keep us coming back!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank NanaBonnie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
United States
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I am from Bangor,Maine and I visit my best friend in Arkansas and we have been going to Brandon every year and two years ago we started staying at the Guesthouse Windmill Inn and would not stay any where else, our room was always clean and the house keeping people do a great job. Everyone in the office are super people, we are looking forward to our next visit and staying at the Guest house Windmill In this summer.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Nixa, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 22 December 2011

My brand new husband and I went here for our honeymoon. The directions we got were wrong, the reservation we confirmed three times was unavailable, the grout around the indoor pool was black and moved, the indoor jacuzzi took over 7 hours to drain out, and the spa had a black/green moving film on it. Our room roof leaked upon my head during the rain we had. This was the most horrible start to my marriage.

Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sherri J
tmac26, Owner at Windmill Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 March 2013
We apoligize for your bad experience. Your stay was before we took over the property. We have done many improvements to the property and will continue to make improvements. We hope you might try this motel again again.

Travellers are raving about these Branson hotels

North Carolina
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I booked this motel due to the good price and great location. I travel for my job and am overall not a picky traveler. We had two rooms and my sister-in-law stayed in the other. All of us had severe back pain the next day from the HARD beds. I can't even describe how awful. We moved to another hotel across the hwy with pillowtop matresses. The room was clean, but definately needed updating. I would recommend to pay the $10 more for a better motel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
tmac26, Owner at Windmill Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 March 2013
We apoligize for your bad experience. You were a guest before the presdent owners took over.
We have made many improvements and will continue to improve the motel. We hope you might try us again in the future.
TC
Reviewed 18 November 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE! We stayed here earlier this month and our car was broken into and several items stolen. The Branson police took over an hour to respond when we called, and the cop told us there were only 2 officers on duty the night our car was broken into. There is evidence that the hotel employees may be involved. The guy that checked us in was fired the day we found our car burglarized. The carpets are filthy. I spent hours cleaning our room when we got there. The Clorox wipes I used to clean the floor in the bathroom were black with whatever was on the floor. The tiles around the tub were detaching from the wall. The owner lives in California and has health problems, so they weren’t helpful with investigating the situation either. Can't share photos b/c our camera was stolen.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SKMTC
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 24 September 2011

The Windmill Inn is located in a perfect spot in Branson. It's in the middle of just about everything, and because it is right next to A giant America-themed chicken it is very easy to find.

The rooms are definitely older, but they were clean when we got there. The one issue we had was that on one day of our stay, the maid who had charge of our room merely pulled the blankets up, and didn't bother to wipe anything down. She did, however, empty the trash. If the cleaning is going to be shortchanged somewhere, I'd rather have the trash gone than my bed made.

The person working the counter when we arrived was AWESOME. He checked us in, answered a bunch of questions, and then recommended the Kirby VanBurch show as right up our children's alley. He was even able to get us tickets at a a very steep discount - something we always appreciate.

The pool is clean and very relaxing, my kids loved ending the day there. However, the breakfast is VERY lacking. We specifically look for hotels with breakfast, and we only managed to eat this one once, it was so disappointing. It was also uncomfortable. The room is very quiet, and there is an attendant there. It's... uncomfortable.

All in all - the hotel worked well for us. We didn't have to sit through any time-share spiels and it was (mostly) clean and comfortable. We really didn't spend a lot of time there, anyway.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Shawn D
oak lawn
Reviewed 10 September 2011

the mtce man knocked on our door very early to deliver an iron and board. We didn't answere,we were half naked. the chain was on. I got dressed & asked him why he opened my door. He started SCREAMING at me "I have 140 rooms to take care of; I can't babysit you. If you don't want the MOTHER FUC--- iron I'll take it back I started crying and shaking, I was terrified. then he screamed go ahead and thell them in the office. Crying and shaking i told the desk clerks what happened. THEN jERRY CAME IN SCREAMING. THE CLERKS CODDLED HIM. IT'S OK JERRY, WE'LL TAKE CARE OF IT. I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED. I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN. i WOULD'NT STAY THERE AGAIN IF THEY PAID ME!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Every one else at hotel was fine.
Stayed September 2011, travelled with family