We booked this hotel for a night because we wanted to visit Branson for Saturday. It was a birthday trip for me. We are from St. Louis so it was about a 4 hour drive and a late one for us. We got there and checked in. My husband checked us in while we waited in the car. I can't speak much on the check in process other than he didn't have any complaints! I take that as a good thing.
When we got to the room it looked "cute". I was pleased that they put a crib/playpen in the room. It was sweet until I when to turn on the light on the side of the bed and it didn't work. Doh! I thought well maybe that was a small issue they needed to fix. We found that the rest of the lights worked fine. When the lights came on I remembered the reviews of " you get what you pay for." I would go a step further and say we got a little less than what we paid for. I've stayed in other hotels for less and it was cleaner!
The good: The hotel wasn't hard to find. It has a unique theme, nice sitting area out side by the front. The size of the room fit our family. There is a small fun park right in front of it. Each room had a TV with decent channels.
The bad: It has a small fun park right in front of it and one on the side which can be could be a good or bad. When we got there close to midnight the fun park to the side of it still had go carts going. So if you are sensitive to noise beware of that. the hotel needs updates. It wasn't as clean as it could have been. The front of the hotel looks unique but the rest of the rooms look like regular rooms. Wish they had carried theme on through to the rooms located in the back.
The ugly: Ok so here are the things that made me never want to book there again, the bed wasn't good. My husband complained about his back hurting the next morning. We actually slept on the top and used a blanket. I saw the pictures of the stains on the mattress of the other review and it scared me off of getting comfortable. The beds in the other room looked ok. The kids didn't complain. I went to make coffee and saw the coffee pot was dirty. Yes dirty with stains I washed off. After rinsing it out and brewing the coffee I discovered there was a hair strand right next to it and another on the other side of the sink. It did not belong to anyone in our family. Yuck! There were two holes in the walls. There was mildew at the top of the shower curtain. The towels had red markings on them. The tub was dirty and the sink had a brown ring around the drain. The flooring wasn't clean and looked rather disgusting and there was a wasp in the kid's bedroom.
Sorry to say that we won't book here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Heart of all shows and restaurants. Directly across from Andy Williams Theatre and next door to the Famous Big Chicken Restaurant. You can walk to Dennys, Krispy Kream, Tanger Outlet Mall and even Wal-Mart. With 134 rooms....We can accommodate larger groups and with the restaurant next door they can walk right next door to eat. We hope to see you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Windmill Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guesthouse Windmill Inn And Suites
- Guesthouse Windmill Hotel Branson
- Branson Windmill Hotel
- Branson Windmill Motel
- Branson Windmill Inn