“Could have been better!”

Windmill Inn & Suites
Ranked #113 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Eastvale, California
“Could have been better!”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We booked this hotel for a night because we wanted to visit Branson for Saturday. It was a birthday trip for me. We are from St. Louis so it was about a 4 hour drive and a late one for us. We got there and checked in. My husband checked us in while we waited in the car. I can't speak much on the check in process other than he didn't have any complaints! I take that as a good thing.

When we got to the room it looked "cute". I was pleased that they put a crib/playpen in the room. It was sweet until I when to turn on the light on the side of the bed and it didn't work. Doh! I thought well maybe that was a small issue they needed to fix. We found that the rest of the lights worked fine. When the lights came on I remembered the reviews of " you get what you pay for." I would go a step further and say we got a little less than what we paid for. I've stayed in other hotels for less and it was cleaner!

The good: The hotel wasn't hard to find. It has a unique theme, nice sitting area out side by the front. The size of the room fit our family. There is a small fun park right in front of it. Each room had a TV with decent channels.

The bad: It has a small fun park right in front of it and one on the side which can be could be a good or bad. When we got there close to midnight the fun park to the side of it still had go carts going. So if you are sensitive to noise beware of that. the hotel needs updates. It wasn't as clean as it could have been. The front of the hotel looks unique but the rest of the rooms look like regular rooms. Wish they had carried theme on through to the rooms located in the back.

The ugly: Ok so here are the things that made me never want to book there again, the bed wasn't good. My husband complained about his back hurting the next morning. We actually slept on the top and used a blanket. I saw the pictures of the stains on the mattress of the other review and it scared me off of getting comfortable. The beds in the other room looked ok. The kids didn't complain. I went to make coffee and saw the coffee pot was dirty. Yes dirty with stains I washed off. After rinsing it out and brewing the coffee I discovered there was a hair strand right next to it and another on the other side of the sink. It did not belong to anyone in our family. Yuck! There were two holes in the walls. There was mildew at the top of the shower curtain. The towels had red markings on them. The tub was dirty and the sink had a brown ring around the drain. The flooring wasn't clean and looked rather disgusting and there was a wasp in the kid's bedroom.

Sorry to say that we won't book here again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Central Missouri
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We have stayed at the Windmill twice in the last year. The first time was in a family suite, which was clean and well worth the price. This time our family got two different rooms. Neither of them were extremely clean. The lady at the desk told us at check in that we would not be able to get a crib, that the hotel has recently switched ownership and that the last owner left it in a terrible state and they were in the process of remodeling. Which it does need. Every single staff person that we encountered was super nice and helpful. The so-so room was alright for the price and location. The pool is situated where you can see the strip and the Tracks while swimming but there is a nice little rock wall that surrounds it giving you a feeling of privacy. The pool is 3' across which is perfect for little ones or laps. You can see people on the big slides at White Water from the pool. I thought it was situated very well. We really enjoyed the pool, I only wish it stayed open later. It closed at ten which is just about the time you get out of attractions and want to come back for a nice lap before bed. Bummer. The kids loved the fact that it was a windmill and it was next to a building that has a massive chicken in front of it. The continental breakfast is alright, but you are in walking distance to the big chicken restaurant which has a buffet, Denny's and Krispy Kreme. For location and price this hotel is a winner.

Room Tip: If you need a crib or special accomodations like connected rooms, let them know when you make the re...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Searcy, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Our room was clean. The bed was as hard as woodpecker lips. My husband thought the floor might be softer. I think I'm a couple inches taller because the curves in my spine have been straightened out. I had read that the rooms were a little musty smelling so I took room freshener.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
charleston
Reviewed 2 August 2012

i do agree that you get what you pay for...but, the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms aren't bad, just outdated. You can really tell, especially since I've stayed here before, that they are trying very hard to get the rooms up to date and are working on setting a better rep for themselves. The cont. breakfast wasn't much but it was good...fresh doughnuts that were very tasty. I really recommend if you have a family and you want great reasonable rates with a neat outdoor pool this is the place for you!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank alex s
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 July 2012

If you want a really cheap place that you use just to have a place to sleep, this is for you. If you are looking for something nice with some nice amenities, this isn't for you. The room kind of had a funky smell and everything in it was older. The bedding seemed to be from the early 90's or 80's. My fiance has bad allergies and something in the room caused them to flare up bad. Had to wake up at 6 a.m. one morning to go get medicine. Also, the room either felt like we were on the sun or in the Arctic. No in between on the temperature. We expected to have a place like this for $40 a night. For what we payed we were happy since we just wanted a place to sleep. For a family, I would not recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Heber Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed at the Windmill Inn this past weekend. For 39.95 you get exactly what you pay for. The room was average on cleanliness. We didn't have to go to the front desk for anything during our stay, but when we checked in they were very nice. The room did smell very musty, but like I said you get what you pay for. If you are just looking for a room to go to sleep in, then this will be fine for you. The motel is located on the strip but not really within walking distance of the main attractions.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The price for the room was very reasonable and the location was perfect. Our housekeeping staff was super friendly as were the people at the front desk. The room may have been a little outdated, but it was very clean and comfortable. It suited our needs perfectly. The only downside was the breakfast. Wasn't really anything to it. We didn't use the pool but it looked very clean also.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family