“"Windmill Inn & Suites is Very Quaint"”

Windmill Inn & Suites
Ranked #118 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Windmill Inn & Suites is located just off Hwy. 76 Country Blvd. and is surround by lots of attractions. It is hard to get out on Hwy. 76. The hotel is like a windmill in Holland. Our room was very clean. We only paid about $50.00 a night. Very reasonable rate. We were there 3 days. The breakfast was Ok! We love Branson, MO.

Room Tip: We stay in the last building from Hwy. 76 and it was very quiet. We didn't hear any traffic nois...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank donaldp413

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Love Branson, MO...our family always has a wonderful time there. This time we went without reservations, but quickly found this one!! No discounts used and it was still only $70 a night!! If we had made it to the "original" 2 for 1 sale building (purple building you want to purchase from) our rooms would have been $70 for 2 nights instead of each night. Our rooms were very comfortable and clean. I didn't visit the outdoor pool, but my teenage sons enjoyed it for a short time! Our hotel was very centrally located on the strip for us...right next door to one of the best places to eat (breakfast buffett is buy one get one half off and it's delicious) and on the other side was the Family Fun Track 3 which the kids love. The hotel also offered free continental breakfast...waffles, juice, coffee, cereal, breads, etc.. My only complaint about our hotel room is that our toilet did not fill quickly and sometimes did not flush completely; therefore I had to fill the back with the ice bucket a couple of times to aid it along but to the hotels defense I never called and complained because frankly we weren't there long enough to really hinder us!!!

2  Thank Cecilia R
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Only book this hotel if last alternative; please check room thouroughly sheets, towels, and showers. they changed my reservations 3 times and still didn't give me the room I originally booked, the linen was not fresh nor the room, location great but a lil noisy on the front side.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the front side to noisy if you looking for rest"
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Castle98
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Originally, I had tried getting another hotel which would have cost more money, but in July, by the time I was getting ready to book it for "18" people, it was already booked. I started checking out about 8 other hotels in the Branson area that had the continental breakfast. There aren't too many that do that. When I came across the Windmill Inn with the "toll free" number, I decided to call them.

Ron was very helpful on the phone in helping me get 5 rooms,and one of them needed for access for my handi-cap grandson.

When my family arrived, since I had booked the rooms, I wanted to make sure they got the correct rooms. There was a deaf couple in front of us, and the manager's wife was taking her time in answering their questions by notes, which I thought was very nice.

All the rooms have refrigerators, where I have never seen this in rooms before, and my son who had two rooms (one adjoining the other),had a nice upright refrigerator in it. I had read some negative reports here on TA, but I wanted to find out for myself. I will say the rooms were very clean, and I didn't find anything wrong with them. There is a swimming pool outside also.

The continental breakfast is not a big one, but they do have juices and waffles, toast, etc.

The Windmill is on Highway 76, and is within walking distance, or accessable to a lot of places.

I would say all the people who I dealt with at the Windmill Inn were very couteous.

P.S. We just found out that some of our friends had just left the Windmill Inn, the morning of our afternoon arrival.

The location is very

2  Thank brneyes5925
Reviewed 26 July 2014

pretty average low cost motel. full size refrigerator. pool was freezing cold. hot tub out of order. close to dining and attractions. staff was amazing!!!!! free breakfast had waffles and biscuits and gravy. woman working in breakfast room made my waffle since I was carrying my infant grandchild

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I do not recommend this hotel. There were many problems (like the room being smelly and the hot tub never being open), but the main problem is that breakfast was promised until 10:00 daily, but on the last day of our stay, the management closed the breakfast at 9:00 because "people were taking advantage". So basically, they refused our breakfast service because of something that other people did. Trust me when I say that we were NOT the only unhappy customers at The Windmill Inn that morning. I tried to speak to the manager in person and multiple times by phone, but he or she never seems to be available.

Room Tip: Don't.
4  Thank TeacherMomMissouri
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Run down hotel, get what you pay for and less. First, tried to upgrade room and not available- got in queen bed room and had a full bed in it- then belittled me to tell me some queen beds are different sizes....huh? Then, after they determined the bed wasnt a queen they upgraded me to a king size bed room(not available remember). Inside of room was old, outdated, and smelt of smoke- they tried to tell me the smoke had come in from the ac intake- they did provide me with a can of frebreeze to repeatedly spray to try to cover it up.The ac worked great until it froze, i was then instructed on how to use an ac- they washed out the unit and brought it back, and i left it on the setting the manager put it on.......froze up every 3 hours for the remaining days we were there.Breakfast was very slim, no eggs, stale breads, and want you to eat there only. We went inexpensive and we got very cheap. Will not return to this hotel- Other family stayed at Quality Inn, and rooms were great

1  Thank Sean R
George P, Manager at Windmill Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Surprisingly we rented the same room 3 days in a row without any issue. And they extended an extra day on top of that. Well I think you were expecting Hilton kinda service. You went inexpensive and were expecting EGGS!!!! Don't match up. At the time you checked out you mentioned that you threw a bucket of hot water in the A/C unit which was not good idea either.