“VERY RUDE STAFF AT MOONSHINE BEACH!!!!!!!!”
Review of Moonshine Beach

Moonshine Beach
Ranked #59 of 173 things to do in Branson
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I am a local and love going to Moonshine Beach. Very nice facilities. The gates close at 8 pm which is a little inconvenient but I understand staff has to clean up. The main problem is the 2 men that manage that place go around and start yelling, yes yelling at the patrons to get out of the park at 715pm. People are trying to pack up and they are pressuring people to GET OUT. It just leaves a bad end of day experience to a great day with the family. My advice is don't hire those independent contractors back next year. They are very rude and made me and my family uncomfortable more than once. The nice beach isn't worth being run off by rude, grumpy men that don't care if people come back or not. Branson is known for friendly locals and these guys don't understand or care about this and should not be in direct contact with our tourist.

11  Thank Zipdrum
"swimmers"
"shore"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We were camping for the weekend at nearby Table Rock State Park (only a couple of miles away, and drove over to spend the day at the beach. We had heard from others that they close down the entrance once the parking lot is full, so we headed out early. We got there around 10 am and we were able to pick a good spot for our umbrella and coolers by the water. From there, it filled up fast. Clear water, pebble bottom, with the majority of the actual beach being sand makes this a popular spot. We left around 2, and they had closed the entrance some time before that. We will definitely be back! Great beach!

2  Thank 229natashav
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We loved it! Beautiful clear water. Bring swim shoes - the peoples are sharp on the beach! A great way to relax after a hard day at SDC

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The beach is kept very clean, the staff are very helpful, the parking lot is well maintained. It was a nice visit.

1  Thank tjmordis
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The beach was nice. It was clean, clear, and had a very nice view. But the things you see on the website are no longer available. For example: it says that you can rent equipment and purchase snacks at the beach. However, the locals told me that after 2013, there is no longer anybody working at the beach. That means there is no food, no rentals, no lifeguard, no nothing--unless you bring it yourself.

The area near the water and in the water is VERY rocky. I don't know how so many people handle it, because my feet were killing me every time I got in or near the water. When you get in deep enough it stops hurting because the water absorbs your weight, but until then it really hurts. My feet hurt for 2-3 days after visiting the beach.

My advice is that if you really like to go to the beach and want a day to relax, go ahead and go. Parking is $4 on an honor system, and if you bring your own toys it can be fun. But otherwise, there are plenty of other things to do in Branson, and you won't be missing anything if you skip going here.

2  Thank Devin L