“Wife liked more than me”

The Butterfly Palace
Ranked #21 of 167 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: Walk among over 1,000 live tropical butterflies! At The Butterfly Palace & Rainforest Adventure, guests can walk among thousands of live butterflies from around the world! Each journey also includes a 3-D movie about the incredible life of a butterfly, a chance to check out some amazing creatures in the Rainforest Critter Center, and a chance to get lost in the Emerald Forest Mirror Maze. This is an interactive, educational, and entertaining adventure the whole family will love!
Gurnee
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Wife liked more than me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Maybe I'm just not into butterfly's as wife really loved, I thought it was good. Price was a little high I thought for what it is, maybe a 1500 squre foot ared full of different butterflys. We did have a highlight though of releasing some, they do this 3 - 4 times a day, they are in small containers and you can release them and watch them take flight for first time, they also come out one color and change before your eyes which is cool. They had a living statue and a lady playing a xylofone, whcih was nice, They have 2 videos to watch also, one 45 and the other 15 minutes. Plan on about 2 hours.

Like I said, I thought a little high price for what it is, I think I pd about $32. It was a rainy day and we had nothging else planned so good filler. I do think this would be rated a 4 or 5 by my wife, and I think kids would enjoy more. Just not for 50 year old men not into butterflys.

Visited November 2013

Platte City
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Talked my husband into going and we were both glad that I did! It is a bit expensive but worth it. There is a small amphibian room that it is very interesting and a small theater room that shows two films: one on the monarch butterfly and the environment and a 3D one about the life cycle of the monarch. The best part is the butterfly room itself. It is amazing the amount of butterflies that are flying around in there as well as a few small birds. They are beautiful and there was something serene about just sitting and watching them. They land on you but you have to make sure you don't touch them and they check you out before you leave to make sure none get through the doors. Children will love this place!

Branson, Missouri
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“WHAT A PEACEFUL SETTING TO BE IN WITH BEAUTIFUL MUSIC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Our first time, but we will be back. Got there rather late in the day so we did not get to spend as much time as we would have. Allow time to stroll and take photos of these aamzibg creatures. God is so awesome to create such designs & colors.
They are starting to fill the gardens with White Butterflies for Christmas.
We were told that if you wear red they will actually land on you, but no touching.
Also, they have artists playing stringed dulcimer music that really adds enjoyment to this attraction.
Kids love the closeness they feel among the beauty of flight. Try it out, I feel you will enjoy if you like nature.

Visited November 2013
Ironwood, Michigan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Small size, but gigantic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

A wonderful experience for the family to enjoy nature. It would take a month of hiking to see the varieties and species that you encounter in 30 minutes here. My family had a greater appreciation for our hiking after visiting the butterfly palace.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Girl's Pick”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

My 11 year old daughter thought the "Butterfly Palace" sounded AWESOME! For the price of the ticket you get to see some amphibians & reptiles in about a 20x20 room. You get a walk through in the butterfly room...it isn't very big at all and you can walk through it in about 5 minutes. The building is HUGE and looks really cool sitting up on the hill, but my suggestion would be to save your money unless there is a special event going on.

1 Thank Mellykn87