“Very pleasent way to spend an hour.”
Review of Stone Hill Winery - CLOSED

Stone Hill Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: Ranked as the third largest in the world, this winery was established in 1847 and is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I are fans of a couple of Stone Hill's vintages, so taking the tour whilein Branson seemed appropriate. Our guide was Royce, a most agreeable person. Despite only working at the winery for 5 weeks, he showed a firm grasp of the history of the region, the company and most importantly the wine. There was a short tour of the sherry rooms and the spumante room, followed by a tasting. We enjoyed it greatly, even finding 3 wines we had not tried before and liked enough to purchase. I also need to single out Thom, who greeted us at the door, kept us entertained until the tour and helped us pick out wine afterward. Just a vefy pleasent way to while away a Branson hour.

1  Thank Jon K

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Tried to go back here and take my mom and sister, who are just turning into winney's. Mom has a fancy for chocolate and was told you can get that crap at Walmart. Soooo, needless to say we left , went by 3 more wineries on the way home where we purchased about 15 bottles of wine- Sad , this place was great and welcoming 2 years ago, thats why we went back. But will never go back after this visit

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a small winery but very enjoyable to tour. The grape juice that they make is really good and kids love it, but an adult version can be made for after hours. The wines were very good, but I didn't write the names down and the bottles were around very long. They also had a sparkling wine that was light and delicious. The tour guide made it entertaining along with the wine server who was entertaining and everyone left with smiles. The Store staff was very helpful and there was quite a selection of items for purchase or picnicking. we ill visit again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had been to Stone Hill before because the wine is really good and normally the tour is very interesting. I took a friend from California because she and I had been to many wineries when I was out there in the California foothills.

The wines as usual were very good but unfortunately the tour guide was a bit of a disappointment. I believe her name was Lori and perhaps she was having a bad day, but she wasn't really a great reflection of the amazing hospitality I am used to receiving at Stone Hill. She had a section of her tour that was very demeaning to some and she came off like a bit of a drill Sargent for the wine tasting. Telling us that if we continued to talk over her that she wouldn't serve wines. I had several mention that they felt the same way.

We did purchase wines because they were delicious, but I wasn't as happy as usual with the tour. I will probably bring friends back but I will call ahead to see who is giving the tour.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Was there yesterday. Upon walking in the door, the girl sitting behind the counter, draped across the counter said, "do you want a tour? We said we weren't sure. She huffed and said well if you do I can scrounge someone up for you but it will take some time so let me know quick". I said, No thank you. We were walking around the bottles and a guy asked if he could help us. My mother in law, who is just starting to enjoy wines, asked about the chocolate wines she received from another vineyard. He said if you want that crap you can go to Wal-Mart. I looked at him and said, lets go mom. This place just densest want us to buy anything from them.We were there at 10:00 on 7-21-14. Will NEVER return. Rude staff.