“All-inclusive, great deal”

Ranked #46 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Saint Louis, Missouri
“All-inclusive, great deal”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We just came back from 4 nights/5 days stay at Grand Country Inn in Branson, MO. The kids loved the food (country buffet, pizza buffet, ice cream treats, mini grill, popcorn and soda for any show), the shows on site (Amazing Pets, Comedy and Grand Jubilee, some we watched twice), the unlimited mini-golf (3 locations on site), Dixie Stampede with dinner (quite an experience, food was surprisingly ample and tasty) and Silver Dollar City. The all-inclusive package is well worth it. No worries for anything, we took full advantage of all amenities. The room was spotless, the service-exceptional anywhere we went.
The waterpark is great for younger children, we preferred the indoor and outdoor pools on site, since the park is far less exciting than Great Wolf.

4 Thank c4yourself2476

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Think of the hotel rooms of the 70's...actual keys used! Fun place for young kids with water park. Small rooms...even with the rooms with bunk beds...but kids loved that! Shows were quality (and I'm a music snob and hard to impress). Musicians and comedy made it fun!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Airby1999
Okmulgee, Oklahoma
Reviewed 29 July 2014

After booking my reservation I started reading the reviews. Needless to say they worried me, now after staying I must say this is an excellent place to spend your family vacation at. I do recommend they change their website booking, it takes a bit of maneuvering when booking for large families. Anyway, the front desk was extremely helpful in getting my large family all in the same vicinity. We were very close to the main splash area, and I would recommend anyone else to do the same, otherwise it might be a bit of a walk. The rooms were spotless, a bit small but we were hardly ever in there. Flat screen tvs, and the kids were able to watch different channels in their clubhouse than the main tv channel. The bed was very comfortable, and the pillows were of the premium variety. We took full advantage of the all inclusive package, and only ate at the 3 restaurants on the compound. Being all inclusive the meals were a breeze, part of our party had teenage kids, and I noticed they were in and out of the restaurants all day getting snacks and drinks, definitely a huge plus. I would recommend maybe one more restaurant, maybe fish, or a sandwich shop, after day 3 we started getting tired of the food. I will say the pizza wasn't great, it was kinda cold, but we may have gone at a bad time. My kids loved the splash area, it was however a little difficult to keep track of them inside the main building, I would suggest one exit area with extra seating next to it to give parents more peace of mind. The restaurant exit is right next to the water slide, which made me constantly have to keep my head on a swivel counting my kids. I generally only stay at premium hotels, so you can see what my expectations are, and this place was everything I wanted it to be. We stayed at Castle Rock last year and it was a dump.

Thanks Grand Country for a wonderful vacation experience. We will return.

Room Tip: Get the Clubhouse option if you have kids, they'll love it.
4 Thank Jrg1986
Travis H, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Country Resort, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your review. We are excited that you had such a great stay with us, and we value your suggestions greatly. We are always looking for positive feedback on how we can improve our guests' experience, and we hope to see you again soon!
Edgewood, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came 11 1/2 years ago and knew this would be a place we had to bring our kids! So we brought them last year..... let's just say we had so much fun we came back again this year.... We are a few days into our vacation and we may have to make this a yearly thing! It's fun for all ages.... My kids are 14, 10 and 4 and all of then are having a blast.... but it's not just for kids my husband and I love it too! Well got to get up now and go have some more fun! Hope this review helps you decide to visit Grand Country Inn!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Amanda I
Fayetteville
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I took our 2 1/2 year old daughter. She loved the water area, arcade, farm mini golf, candy shop, amazing pets show and the bunk beds with her own tv and DVD player. I will say I was more impressed with the outside splash area for toddlers - This is where we spent the day. Inside the splash area was humid and the water was hot in toddler pools. We did not stay too long inside. Amazing pets show was great for kids and I enjoyed it as well. Arcade could use some work a lot of games were temporarily out of service. Room was clean and the bunk room was good for kids. Also nice you could stay in one place and do a lot of things and not fight the traffic. Overall good experience

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Beth C
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 25 July 2014

First, I should make it clear that Grand Country Inn is not a luxury resort. The rooms were extremely clean and my kids loved staying in the clubhouse bunk beds. It was cramped, but I have 4 kids so we didn't spend a whole lot of time in the room, but go to sleep or get ready to go somewhere. We used the deal on the website in which we received 2 nights stay, access to the water park, tickets to two shows, a round of 18 holes on the mini golf course and 2 large pizzas for just over $400. People that complain about this hotel either have extremely high expectations for a 3 star hotel or they just like to complain online. The outdoor water park was actually put together fairly well and is designed specifically for the little ones. The indoor water park has two decent sized slides, a lazy river as well as another area for the little ones. If you want luxury, the stay at Chateau on the Lake or Big Cedar. There you'll spend $250 a night for someone to open the doors for you and leave little mints on your pillow. With 4 kids, we needed to maximize the value for our dollar and I thought we got that at Grand Country Inn. If there was one thing I would complain about, it would be the Wi-Fi, which was extremely slow if almost non functional. We just improvised with hot spots on our phones.

Room Tip: We did the kids clubhouse deal, which my kids thought was awesome. It was cramped, but you're ju...
6 Thank G-LoverWithSixSauces
Travis H, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Country Resort, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hello and thank you for your review! We wanted to take a minute to let you know that we have been exploring options for upgrading our internet service to guests. We do sometimes encounter connection delays and issues when we are at full capacity. We should have the issue resolved soon and hope that it will not impede you from visiting us again in the future!

AR
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived early. Was told "we will give you an "early arrival" and the room(s) would not be ready until 3PM.

But we could use "splash".

The room(s) are ready for us at 4:15.
Very disappointing.

The room was ok but not great. Aged.

When we needed maintenance, the response was fast, friendly and effective.

Would not go back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Jack,

We wanted to take a minute to thank you for your review and apologize for any negative experience you may have had. We have passed this along to our hotel management staff, and encourage them to look at possible ways to ensure our guests are in their rooms at the promised time. We do encounter delays from time to time, and inform our guests they are welcome to start using the water park, even if their room is not quite ready, so they are not left waiting. We have also begun a major overhaul of our rooms, and hope that upon completion we can earn back your business. Thank you again!