“Just so-so...”

Doc's Hickory Roadhouse
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: WE'RE SMOKIN' BBQ Ribs, Brisket, Pork Turkey... Slow smoked the way Grandma used to do it over real hickory... Doc's Barbeque Sauce is rated in the top ten Best Barbeque Sauces of Kansas City out of 200 Sauces! All our meats are prepared in house, using our own General Managers SECRET Rubs, All of our meats are smoked in Doc's smoker aka Grandmas smoker, and our ribs are NEVER served with a knife they are tender and fall off the bone good. We offer Bransons only food challenge known as the heartstopper. We offer cobbler and Cheesecake Factory Desserts. Full Bar perfect for Large Parties, TOGO, Meat by the Pound, Catered Events, Large Groups and date nights. Come on down and see us we are located about a mile south of Hwy 76 on Hwy 165. Just past falls park on the left hand side on the way to Table Rock Lake and The Chateau on the Lake. Or just follow the smoke and smell of real authentic pit BBQ. See you soon
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The atmosphere at Doc's was very interesting and cool to look at, and for a barbecue place, was fairly clean. The food, however, had a little to be desired. We ordered the onion strings and the sauce, we both agreed, seemed to have gone bad. Then when we received our entrees, it wasn't much better. I had ordered the turkey and it was extremely dry, had a good smoky flavor but could not eat it because it was so tough and dry. There is only one choice of barbecue sauce and both of us found it very unappealing, very sweet. This is one we will probably not venture in again. Our server was very friendly, though.

1  Thank Cindi K
There are newer reviews for Doc's Hickory Roadhouse

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My brother joined us for dinner here from Rosebud AK. Would highly recommend eating here. Enjoyed the atmosphere and food.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We went to Doc's for lunch and it was just ok. Cool atmosphere though. Food was nothing special. Would go back to try different food options.

1  Thank loveitorleaveit_76
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Waited for over 30 minutes for our food the only thing that had to cooked was a burger. Party of 4. 2 kids 2 adults. Had to find someone to get my check. Also believe that my daughters grilled cheese belong to the table next to us. She ordered applesauce and she got both. They said " we put fries on by mistake so we just gave her both". When I just watched them take a grilled cheese back that the table next to us didn't order and sent back. Don't waste your money.

1  Thank kevin s
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

First of all, this is not the place that we came to 3 years ago with an awesome menu with several items. This menu had 2 pages. Being in the mood for the fried clams I had once enjoyed here a few years ago, nothing on the current menu sounded super great. So I decided I would just order the child's chicken strips dinner. The description said "our world famous chicken strips served with French fries or apple sauce." When the waitress arrived to take our order I stated that I wanted the chicken strips, but asked if I could purchase a baked potato for extra instead of the fries or apple sauce. She immediately got a tone with me and told me no I cannot have that. she then added that "technically" she cannot even serve me the chicken strips because I'm not a child. So I asked well where is the adult portion of these "world famous chicken strips" in which she proceeded to tell me there was no adult portion.... Wondering why they are world famous yet you can only eat them if you are 12???? So i quickly decided on the catfish dinner which was a decent meal, just much too big of a portion for what I was in the mood for. The food was okay- we will just probably never eat here again. Go to Shorty Smalls for barbecue.