“Show would have been great if we could have gotten in to see the show”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Icon Theatre - CLOSED

The Icon Theatre
Houston, Texas
“Show would have been great if we could have gotten in to see the show”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Will be hard to use only 100 character minimum - went to Branson in 2011 to see Chubby Checker with my sister/brother-in-law, GREAT SHOW, immediately starting making plans to go back in 2012 to see him again, the night we were suppose to see him we went early to pick up the tickets only to find the door locked and a small sign on the door saying closed until further notice. Could see people in the office inside so started banging on the door, finally this elderly lady came to the door and talked to us through the door but just kept telling us to call back later. Too bad the big shot in the office didn't have the guts to come to the door and explain to the customers instead of sending some woman that was probably making minimum wage while he sat back there on his booty. We were told by some other customers they were shut down due to not paying their taxes. The day we had to leave to come back to Texas supposedly they were suppose to open back up. We went to see the Platters at the Liberty Opry in Liberty Texas on Saturday and what a GREAT SHOW they put on. Would love to come back to Branson later this year to see Chubby and the Platters but would hate to make the trip and then the same thing happened. Really wish Chubby and the Platters would find another place to do their shows instead of dealing with this unprofessional place.

Visited November 2012

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Rat pack show 2012 at icon theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

The rat pack show was awesome &entertaining in 2012 I really enjoyed the show it was so good and people really enjoyed it to people really laughed and even gave standing ovations to I went several times Branson has the best rat pack show I have ever seen

Taylorville, Illinois
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 191 helpful votes
“Piano player great, otherwise a long show”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

This was part of my package trip to Branson. I have seen the Rat Pack in Vegas & thought it was a good show. I know I was not in Vegas & it would not be the same, but it was a little disappointing..

One big mistake I think they made, is the the Dean Martin guy was not there. Nothing was ever mentioned about him. After the show our tour director said that he was ill & in the hospital. They did not have time to get someone else. I think that Frank or Sammie should have told us.

Actually the best part of the show was the piano player. He was great. I saw him the next day & told him how good I thought he is. He did Jerry Lee Lewis during this show. He said that he had been in a show where he did Jerry Lee & Elton John.

After the Rat Pack show Chubby Checker was going to preform. He was in the back of the showroom & waved to everyone. Our tour leader got a couple pictures of him. She said that he is 70, but looks like he is 50.

Sadly, Frank & Sammie were ok, but it was a long show.

Visited December 2012
illinois usa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very Poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

We had tickets for two shows at the Icon Theatre. When we arrived to exchange our voucher
for the tickets to the first show, we were very disappointed to learn the show we were to see
was no longer even at the Icon. The lady at least told us where it was being performed at, but was very unfriendly. Imagine our surprise when we went the next day to see another group and this same unpleasant lady only said there was no show that day. No explanation as to why. We called the office where we had purchased the vouchers and after being on hold were offered a refund or tickets to another show. They had called the theatre and learned the show was cancelled. As we were leaving the next day and already had tickets for a show that night, we
accepted the refund, which showed up on our credit card the following day. People in the first show we saw told us there was a bad relationship with the Icon was why they left. Whoever is greeting people coming in for tickets at the Icon has a very bad attitude and we would never
bother going there again.

Visited December 2012
LaPlace, Louisiana
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Rat pack not worth it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

Worst show I have ever seen! No talent in any of the singers. Comedy between them was even worse. Very small club type setting. Did not interact with the audience at all. They even mentioned that some people left early at other shows. . ...... Well, we left at intermission!!!

Visited October 2012