“Disappointed”

Ranked #120 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Dodge City, Kansas
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

After driving many hours from Kansas heading to Arkansas I finally had to stop and rest at about 6am 12/22/13. I saw the motel 6 sign in Branson MO and have stayed there in different areas before without a complaint. Now this facility was completely different than my past experiences with Motel 6. First of all the woman with brown hair and crutches at the front desk was very rude and charged me over 50 for the room even though I showed her online the rooms were going for $39, plus they were supposedly advertising pets stay for free during this time, but I was too exhausted to stand and argue so I reluctantly paid this steep price. I also had asked before leaving the lobby for a ground level floor since I am a young woman traveling alone I didn't want the inconvenience of having to haul my belongings up a bunch of stairs. She gave me room 205 and assured me my room was on ground level in the next building stating my room was right around the corner of that building. Well I drove to the next building and noticed room 205 was on the second level and not on ground level as requested. In fact the room wasn't even just around the corner as the front desk lady had stated it was in the middle of the 2nd floor on the complete other side of the building. Now I was already beyond tired and now this was just frustrating. I drove back to the lobby building and once again asked this woman if I could have a room that is easily accessible from the parking lot as I was traveling alone. She appeared and acted annoyed didn't say one word to besides fine you are in room 224 gave me the new room keys and didn't even explain where the room was. I just left and drove to the next building to look for the room. Now besides the rudeness of this woman at the front desk she also failed to explain to me any of the amenities at this facility. I didn't even know they had a pool and I still don't know if they offer breakfast??? Wifi was included but it didn't work for the duration of my stay and I called to complain and a gentlemen simply replied well it doesn't work we can't do anything. Now in room cleanliness was another issue. My bed covers yes both had stains on them so I am glad I brought my own blankets as I wouldn't want to ruin the day anymore than I already had for the woman at the front desk if I called to complain. Plus I had already unpacked and like I said was exhausted. The heating unit also works how it wants to in room 224 as in it will either be heat wave hot or blow cold air. I will never stay at the Motel 6 in branson again and quite frankly I feel ripped off. The motels on the strip would have been a better choice.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Luisa R
m64827bo, General Manager at Motel 6 Branson, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
We are so very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay here with us at Motel 6 Branson and hope in the future you choose stay with us again.
In speaking with my Front Desk clerk in regards to you showing her a $39 on-line rate, she states you did not tell her of this.
We match any and all on-line rates, so I was surprised to hear that she would not match your rate you said you showed her. I realize it was 6 a.m. when you checked in and you must have been tired from driving. Room 205 is in fact on the same level. All you would have had to do was walk through our breezeway, but if in fact you drove around to the back of the building, yes, it would require walking up a flight of stairs.
We do not charge for pets. Pets and children 17 and under stay free at Motel 6. In reviewing your check-in that morning, you paid a rate of $45.99. If you showed my clerk an on-line rate of $39.00 and she did not honor that for some reason, I would be more than happy to discount your next stay to compensate the difference or refund you the difference from whatever site you found that rate on. I do not have any on-line rates I have advertised at that rate, but that is not to say there isn't one.
Our lowest advertised on-line rate from Branson, MO is $45.99 for a 1 person rate at this time.
During our busy season, we do ask that you book online to get a lower rate, but when we are not busy, we do not have a problem offering or matching any rates our guests bring to us.
As far as our Wifi being spotty, my clerk in the morning stated when you called inquiring about it he told you it was being worked on. We had our cable company out to investigate it and a line up on the main strip was down due to construction being done, but it was repaired within a couple of hours.
My clerks extended your check out the following day until 1 p.m. as a courtesy to you and I am very sorry to hear you were so unhappy with your stay.
Please feel free to contact me in regards to this if you have any questions or concerns. Our guests are our first priority always, and I will be happy to resolve this in any way I am able to.
I hope we may better serve you in the future.
Blessings and Warm Regards...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Plessis, New York
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We stayed for 3 days at Motel 6 in Branson they were excellent. They treated us like gold so helpful with getting tickets for shows and attractions which were delivered to the front desk. The rooms were clean and every need was meant very impressed. It's location is right off the strip for easy access to everything I highly recommend staying here, plus the staff was amazing !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
m64827bo, General Manager at Motel 6 Branson, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
We would like to thank you from our hearts to yours for your kind words. We enjoyed having you stay with us at Motel 6 Branson and are happy you enjoyed your visit to Branson as well as your stay with us.
December in Branson is such a fun experience and a thing of beauty with all of the lights and Christmas shows. It is a great way to kick off the holiday season indeed.
The shopping is also another plus, and this year we were able to add several inches of snow to the scenary!!!
We wish you a joyous and happy holiday season, and look forward to serving you again next time you come to visit us in Branson.
Summer time is an entirely different fun here with the water parks and Silver Dollar City's big rides and water rides. Come and check out our summer fun, or just relax poolside!!
Either way, we would love to have you back!
We Thank You... We Appreciate You... and please do remember: "We'll leave the light on for You"!!
Blessings and Joyous Holiday Wishes...
Festus, Missouri
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed at Motel 6 in Branson with our entire family. There were 12 of us, and we had the best stay ever! We had three rooms. All were clean, penty of towels, and the front desk was so polite! The indoor and outdoor pool was fabulous! This is the only place we will stay when we visit Branson. The location is great as well. We didn't spend hours on the strip trying to get where we needed to go. I would definitely recommend Motel 6 to all friends and family, and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
m64827bO_13, General Manager at Motel 6 Branson, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank You for sharing your experience at Motel 6 Branson with us. It is always so nice to hear about our guests enjoying their trip to Branson as well as their stay with us. We love our property here and we are close enough to all of the "action" on the strip, yet we are a few blocks back in a quiet beautiful area that doesn't have all the noise and traffic.
We hope you come and see us again next time you find yourself wanting to do the Branson Experience--the holidays are also a wonderful almost magical time with all of the Christmas shows and lights, truly something to behold.
We hope whether you are here in Branson or at home that you have a wonderful, joyous holiday season.
We look forward to serving you again.
Kansas City, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2013

stayed there 1 nite on oct 5 had a terrible time checking in problem with your hand held computers kept refusing my credit card very embarrassing with an front office full of people got to room found what looked like mouse turds in the bathroom but turned out to be cock roaches eggs stayed awake all nite awake hoping no bugs would crawl on me I need to be compensated for a very bad expience I was in room 111 on oct 5 2013 checked in around 5

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
m64827bo, General Manager at Motel 6 Branson, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
We are so sorry to hear your stay with us at Motel 6 Branson was less than desirable. Our goal first and foremost is customer satisfaction and we strive towards excellence in that area always.
Your front desk experience with your credit card we apologize for. Our guests swipe their credit cards into the reader and sometimes the reader will not accept the card for whatever reasons. My desk clerk should have asked you for another form of payment and I do apologize for that and have instructed them in the future to do so.
As far as what appeared to you as "roach eggs" I am uncertain of. We have the property sprayed once to twice each month and my pest control company stated there were no signs of anything that resembled any eggs or roaches of any kind. Sometimes when it rains as much as it has of late, the Asian beetles become heavy, but we do not serve food and the tree roaches are well out of season.
My front desk clerk stated she called your room and your second room after checking in and there was not an answer, but minutes after that you had come to the front office and she asked if your rooms were okay and you said they were. I am not doubting you by any means of course, but in the future, if there is ANYTHING at all you are not satisfied with or concerned about, we ask that you please pick up your phone and dial 0 and you will find someone 24/7 willing, ready and able to help you and serve you with any concerns or issues you feel you may have. If we are not notified of a problem, we really have no means of correcting it or taking care of it so that you may enjoy your stay with us.
We hope you will give us another chance to enjoy your stay next time you are in Branson.
We Thank You, and more importantly, We Appreciate You...

Travellers are raving about these Branson hotels

holland centre canada
Reviewed 14 September 2013

we are very happy at our first time at this hotel.
have any problems they are right on it eg. our tv stopped & when i went to the
office & told them they got on the walkie talkie & before i got to my room
the man had the tv out of the room & 15 mins later the new one was in.
love the guest laundry matt right on the premises. love two swimming pools,
one in doors and the other out. had a problem with running out of my pills
& could have them sent to the hotel they said no problem & when the pills came
they delivery them to my room. wow
all the people here are really helpfull & made our stay great.
would come here again.
sharon canada

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sharon h
m64827bo, General Manager at Motel 6 Branson, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Motel 6 Branson, and we thank you for taking the time to tell us just that.
This is such a beautiful property tucked back a few blocks from the strip, but yet close to all of the action. Our indoor and outdoor pools are a big attraction to those of us who enjoy swimming, and even if the weather isn't cooperating, the indoor pool allows your swimming enjoyment not to be hindered!!
We will soon begin our remodel of the property and we are so excited. The new Phoenix look is going to enhance not only the beauty but the enjoyment for our guests as well.
We thank you for your kind words on behalf of my staff. I truly believe all of my employees have a true heart for customer service and I thank you for letting me know it shows.
Our guests are what keeps us moving forward and without striving to ensure a great stay, a memorable trip to Branson, and a reason for you to look forward to coming back to Branson to see us again, we wouldn't be doing our job!!
We loved having you here with us!! Tell your friends back home to come visit us, and we hope to see you again when you find yourselves back on this side of the Canadian Border!!
Thank you again, it was our pleasure to serve you!!
Cleburne, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Motel 6 property looks welcoming with nice landscaping and flowers, a clean exterior, and very pleasant staff in the front office. Our rooms - we had 3 side by side - were immaculate. We slept like babies which speaks volumes for the quality of the bedding. That was in its self a wonderful surprise, but that was only the beginning of our enjoying the stay!

The staff was to a person, a professional, yet cordial, group. We had never visited Branson to see the shows and celebrate so we needed lots of help. We received information, directions, suggestions, brochures, smiles and laughter in abundance. We loved the staff!

Last but not least we believe this motel is the best place for the money in Branson! Check-in, check-out, service requests of all sorts, were prompt, courteous and accurate. Thank-you Motel 6 for the wonderful Branson location. We are recommending it to everyone!

Room Tip: We had a two queen bed room on the middle floor facing Schaeffer. No problems! The rooms on the othe...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RLene M
m64827bo, General Manager at Motel 6 Branson, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
We want to take a minute to thank you for taking the time to brag on us about enjoying your stay here at Motel 6 Branson!!
It is guests such as yourselves, that continue to give us the heart of service with a smile, and we too want to tell you we enjoyed your group staying as much as you did!!
We love our property here tucked somewhat off of the strip--the woodsy atmosphere and the quiet add to the quaintness of our property and we are glad you feel the same as we do.
We enjoy directing groups who have never had the "Branson Experience" and sharing our favorite shows and restaurants--and then listening to them tell us how they enjoyed where they went and what they experienced.
Thank y'all for all of the laughter and fun fun moments--we cherish guests such as yourselves, and we are elated that you will be coming back to visit us here at Motel 6 Branson in November.
You will have so much fun, as it is an entirely new atmosphere and set of shows, weather and fun!!
We Appreciate You, and We Thank You.
It will be a little cooler than the August temperatures you experienced, so bring a jacket, your energy, your friends, and get ready for another great adventure here in Branson!!!
And please do remember: "We'll leave the light on for You"!!

Blessings and Warm Regards until November...
FAYETTEVILLE
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Super clean, nice folks,GREAT value. Right in the middle of everything but far enough off the strip. Great access tothe alternate routes. Indoor corridors or outside with both in and outside pool. Beds could be a little more comfortable but not complaining because of the rate

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
m64827bo, General Manager at Motel 6 Branson, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
We would like to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to share with us and tell us about your stay with us at Motel 6 Branson.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we love Great Folks such as yourself always.

In the next few months, we will begin our complete remodel of the entire property and we are all very excited and we are certain you will be also. Along with the remodel will be, yes, new beds!! :)

We will remain open all year and will be remodeling one floor at a time, so please come back soon and enjoy a few days with us--our holiday season is about to open up and if you have not experienced Branson during the holidays, it is something to behold!!
Thanks again for sharing with us--we look forward to seeing you again soon, and please do remember: "We'll leave the light on for You"!!
We Thank You, and We Appreciate You!!
Blessings...