“Unsatisfactory is an understatement”
Review of El Azteca

El Azteca
Ranked #273 of 382 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We went at 1:30 for lunch. The waitress saw us come in and told us to sit anywhere. After about 5 min she brought chips and dip. No menus. After about 5 more min I grabbed a couple menus from an empty table. Eventually a different waitress asked if we had our drink orders in. We did not so we ordered drinks. We received those relatively promptly. Another 15 min went by and they got our order. After yet another 20 min, the food arrived. It was cold. It was absolutely tasteless. I go the chicken taco salad. It tasted like chicken you get out of a can. My bf got tacos. The meat tasted old, like it had been sitting on heat for some time. He said the pico de gallo didn't even have flavor. The margaritas tasted like water with lime flavoring. There were people there getting their own menus and napkins. And a couple left after not being acknowledged for several minutes. I went to the bathroom and there was no toilet paper in the stall. Fortunately the second one had some. The waitresses were friendly enough, but their service was a disgrace.

There are newer reviews for El Azteca

Reviewed 15 November 2013

If you want very reasonable authentic Mexican food definitely go to El Azteca. Friendly staff and walking distance to the Starlite Theatre and Titanic Museum, this is good food at a great price.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We didn't eat many meals out, but this one was very good. It is family run and the staff is very pleasant. The food is good and fresh. My only complaint was the wine selection...but that was minor! Very good Mexican Food!!

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant to be a good find along the strip. It has fast and friendly service, so if you are in a hurry, it might be a good place to stop and eat. Also, the prices are very reasonable. The food was good to excellent. I had chicken quesadillas and my husband had an enchilada entree. We will definitely come back!

Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

We just moved here and we finally found a place that equals Tex~Mex places we are used to. The tortilla soup is the best I've ever had. Great lunch specials and they are great about substitutions. Best chips and salsa ever. Friendly and handy to everything

1  Thank Sylvia R