“Be sure to see Thank You For The Music tribute to ABBA”

Thank You For the Music: A Modern Tribute to ABBA
Book In Advance
US$35.71*
and up
Ranked #53 of 155 Concerts & Shows in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Thank You for the Music - A Modern Tribute to ABBA is an exciting and dynamic tribute to the Swedish pop super-group ABBA, featuring powerful harmonies, electrifying vocals, big personalities, high energy dance, and all of ABBA's unforgettable hits! Great for audiences of all ages, with a perfect mix of modern and vintage ABBA. Now playing at Hamners' Variety Theater, in the heart of the Branson theater district.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Medford, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Be sure to see Thank You For The Music tribute to ABBA”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

If you are an ABBA fan or not, you will enjoy this show. The four singer are very energetic and the harmony was wonderful. They add a lot to the show by sharing facts about the original group.
There are also songs performed after the intermission, of songs done after the original group broke up. (Chess, the musical written by Benny and Björn, also songs that Anna-Frida and Agnetha did in their solo careers, etc.) Many are familiar from musical Mama Mia too, so there will be something for everyone to enjoy.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Suzanne T

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Great Sing Along”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

All the great Abba music to sing along to. The 4 artists are so sweet and make the show fun. You forget you are not alone and everyone sings along and has a great time.

2 Thank KarenHardin
KCMO
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“More Show, Please”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Thank You for the Music . . . seems more like a recital than a show. The four performers are clean cut and capable singers. I'm not really familiar with ABBA, and perhaps Thank You for the Music is a faithful re-creation of an ABBA show. If so, I'm surprised that ABBA became such a successful group. Branson isn't Las Vegas, but even by Branson standards, Thank You . . . is a minimalist effort. Four kids essentially standing at the microphone and singing well, accompanied by recorded tracks.. Performers dressed in black--no costume changes, save for the donning of sequined capes during the last song (Dancing Queen). Choreography pretty much limited to shuffling feet at the microphone. Set(s?)/lighting equally unimpressive. As I recall, pricing for this show was about the same as many other shows. Average is the very best rating I can give, and I believe I'm being charitable. The same group does a show called "California Dreaming". The promo video they showed during Thank You . . . suggests ". . . Dreaming" is a much more entertaining show than the one I attended.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank TravelingmanKC
PullenProductions, Manager at Thank You For the Music: A Modern Tribute to ABBA, responded to this review, 23 October 2015
Thank you for taking the time to come to our show, and for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. It seems that your biggest problem with our show can be summed up by what you said at the beginning of your review: "...I'm not really familiar with ABBA, and perhaps Thank You for the Music is a faithful re-creation of an ABBA show. If so, I'm surprised that ABBA became such a successful group....". If ABBA is not your thing, then this show is not for you. Our show is a high energy tribute to ABBA. If you're not an ABBA fan, then you might want to consider choosing another show. Our show is not a faithful recreation of an ABBA show. In fact, our show offers quite a bit more than an ABBA show would have offered. ABBA didn't dance at all. Their shows were also constrained to the limitations of lighting technology in the 70s. Our show brings high energy dance, a colorful modern light show, and full video presentation to the table. All things ABBA was unable to do back in the 70s. While we're sorry to hear that you didn't seem to enjoy our show, we feel it's important to clarify a few points. Your review says there are no costume changes in the show. The cast changes costumes three times during our show, in addition to the "donning of capes" for Dancing Queen. This has always been the case. It is true that our costumes are based in white and black. This is in keeping with the "modern" element of our show, as indicated by our shows title, "Thank You for the Music - A Modern Tribute to ABBA". We also feel your review of the dancing in our show is misleading. The cast does quite a bit more than "shuffling feet behind microphones". Our show is fully choreographed and staged, with energetic dancing throughout. Most of our patrons find that the lighting and video for our show is colorful and exciting. While we respect your opinions and feedback, we feel that your review is not balanced, and gives a very misleading perspective on the nature of our show. If you love the music of ABBA, love talented performers, and want to go on a high energy ride through ABBA's exciting story, then our show is for you. If you want great music and vocals, then our show is for you. If you don't like ABBA, then you might consider attending a different show. We feel the title of our show gives a very fair and complete indication of what to expect when you attend. We're sorry if this wasn't clear. Thank you though, for taking the time to come to our show, and for your feedback.
Muskogee, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time for all”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We went to Branson for our elementary principal's retreat. Saw the show, and we all had. Super time! Making plans to go back with another group and see it again!

1 Thank David S
Oklahoma City, OK
335 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 273 helpful votes
“Fun Reliving all of my Favorite ABBA Songs!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We spent a fun afternoon at Thank You For The Music in Branson. My husband and I love ABBA and this group did their music proud. My husband had not wanted to go to a show so he reluctantly attended. I looked over at him after the show started and he had a big grin on his face. He loved it and was glad I talked him into going! Their vocals were excellent and they gave a good show. I was surprised there weren't more people in the theater. I think if there had been a fuller theater, it would have been even more fun. The crowd can definitely help make a show, especially if they get into it! I think once people see this show, the word will spread. We loved hearing bits of the history of ABBA.

This group of four talented singers also perform California Dreamin' on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I wish we had the time to see that show but we will save it for our next trip. We bought our tickets at Half Price Branson tickets (purple building when you first start down the Strip). It was definitely a fun two hours.