“Excellent home-made food; needs vegetarian options”

Ruby Lena's Tea Room & Antq
Ranked #139 of 388 Restaurants in Branson
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We visited this tea-room for lunch on a visit to the Branson old town, when we were looking for a light, healthy lunch (sandwiches or salad rather than the ubiquitous cooked/fried food offered by every other restaurant as far as the eye could see). And, for the most part, Ruby Lena's met the bill. I had the sampler: chicken pecan quiche (fresh and delicious); almond chicken salad, also good, and taco soup, which was delicious also. I gave the muffin to my other half, who enjoyed it very much. All was fresh and flavourful. The strawberry lemonade was very refreshing.

However, apart from a spinach and feta quiche, there was nothing on the menu for my vegetarian spouse. To their credit, they made up a cheese and onion sandwich, and spouse rated both the bread and contents as very good. However, the lack of vegetarian options ON THE MENU is very definitely a negative for a cafe such as this, and is what earns the four- rather than five-star rating. How difficult is it to offer a meatless salad? A sandwich without meat? I'm not vegetarian, and there are many times when I enjoy a meat-free meal.

Overall: very good food, friendly customer service; would return IF more thought was given to vegetarian choices.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We happened into Ruby's, but later saw a write up about her little place in the July Spirit Magazine for Southwest Airlines. They have excellent food made from scratch. The homemade strawberry lemonade was sooo good on a warm afternoon. From the soup to the quiche to the chicken salad... it was taste perfection. So very glad we found this place and went in to have a bite. Highly recommend, though I do believe women will appreciate the setting more than most men. (I said most, not all!)

1  Thank aggiemom20002000
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We had a delightful lunch of quiche, with a green salad, house dressing, and a warm muffin and peach tea. It was very delicious. The salad had mixed greens and the house dressing was just right.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

When I say woman's restaurant there is no pejorative intended.I mean it's the type of place you'd feel comfortable bringing your mom out to eat in and she would feel like she's having lunch at a friends house.It is cozy and beautifully decorated with table cloths and little doilies. There are antiques to browse at while you're waiting so I can't believe anyone can complain about the service which I found to be excellent. The menu is mostly sandwiches and soup. I had the Cubano which was as good as the one I had at a Cuban Restaurant in New York. I had Broccoli Cheese soup and it was delicious. You won't get a T bone here but you will get a lunch without getting your wallet picked.There's no bar and no blasting music so Mom will actually be able to hear what you are saying.Also missing are the 15 flat screen tvs blasting sports events in your face that seem to be a staple at all the corporate chains.Good food,peace and quiet. Nostalgia and reasonable prices. Something that's becoming rare in the new culinary culture.

1  Thank joe s
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I live in Branson, and I love to visit Ruby Lena's on occasion. They have excellent homemade food, and great service! I especially love the sweet muffins you get with the meal, and their pies! The only thing I have ordered there that I wouldn't recommend is their chicken salad... which is sad to say because it is a tea room staple! It sounds strange, but it tasted like nail polish remover! BUT everything else has been wonderful! Definitely recommend on your next visit!

Been to Ruby Lena's Tea Room & Antq? Share your experiences!