“Quaint”

Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Branson
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

This is a very quaint tea room with antiques to view. The quiche & strawberry soup were delicious. Their ice tea was fantastic.

1  Thank Applelooza
There are newer reviews for Ruby Lena's Tea Room & Antq

Reviewed 23 September 2013

An all around pleasant dining experience. My husband ordered the chicken salad and tomato soup and I selected the daily special, chicken and dumpling-perfectly seasoned and cooked green beans, and mashed potatoes. Both of us were happy with our choices. For dessert we shared a piece of coconut cream pie that was melt in your mouth delicious. Ruby Lena's Tea Room is on our list of places to dine each time we are in Branson.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I had the best chicken quiche at Ruby Lena's. Strawberry soup was refreshing and chicken salad was very tasty. I was a bit disappointed in the coconut cream pie- the meringue was at least 2-3 inches high, but the crust was overcooked.
Our server was less than attentive. I had to ask the male waiter to refill my tea after my waitress ignored my needs. If you go, try to get the male server, he pays close attention to his customers.

The setting beautiful and the tea room is cozy , decorated nicely.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We visited this tea-room for lunch on a visit to the Branson old town, when we were looking for a light, healthy lunch (sandwiches or salad rather than the ubiquitous cooked/fried food offered by every other restaurant as far as the eye could see). And, for the most part, Ruby Lena's met the bill. I had the sampler: chicken pecan quiche (fresh and delicious); almond chicken salad, also good, and taco soup, which was delicious also. I gave the muffin to my other half, who enjoyed it very much. All was fresh and flavourful. The strawberry lemonade was very refreshing.

However, apart from a spinach and feta quiche, there was nothing on the menu for my vegetarian spouse. To their credit, they made up a cheese and onion sandwich, and spouse rated both the bread and contents as very good. However, the lack of vegetarian options ON THE MENU is very definitely a negative for a cafe such as this, and is what earns the four- rather than five-star rating. How difficult is it to offer a meatless salad? A sandwich without meat? I'm not vegetarian, and there are many times when I enjoy a meat-free meal.

Overall: very good food, friendly customer service; would return IF more thought was given to vegetarian choices.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We happened into Ruby's, but later saw a write up about her little place in the July Spirit Magazine for Southwest Airlines. They have excellent food made from scratch. The homemade strawberry lemonade was sooo good on a warm afternoon. From the soup to the quiche to the chicken salad... it was taste perfection. So very glad we found this place and went in to have a bite. Highly recommend, though I do believe women will appreciate the setting more than most men. (I said most, not all!)

1  Thank aggiemom20002000

Been to Ruby Lena's Tea Room & Antq? Share your experiences!