“Not so Great...”
Review of Gazebo Inn

Gazebo Inn
Ranked #64 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 5 January 2008

We booked a 2 night stay at the Gazebo for a New Year's Eve celebration. We booked a jacuzzi (Honeymoon) suite just for fun. Since we had booked thru a website we were not sure when the check-in was, so we called the hotel itself. We were told check-in was at 3 but that our room is already ready so if we wanted to come early we could, we were only 30 minutes away so we went ahead and drove down and got there at noon. They gave us the key to the room and when we went in it was obvious the room had not been touched by the cleaning staff. So we went downstairs and told them, they said they had another room, no apology, so we went up to the other room, not near as nice as the first one would have been had it been clean! There was no information in the room like there usually is, such as hotel policies, amenities, phone numbers etc.
We had stayed at the Gazebo before but we will not be back, it was very disappointing, plus the decor is looking worn. Sorry, was not happy this time!

• Stayed: January 2008

Reviewed 20 October 2007

I prepaid for two nights at the Gazebo for my son and daughter-in-law. Upon arrival the first evening, the manager informed my son that they did not have a room for him. He said that since he had arrived a little later in the evening, he had given the room to someone else. This was very strange since it was prepaid for the two nights.

The manager took it upon himself to fax my credit card information, without my permission, to an unafiliated, lower quality hotel, to reserve the two a room for the two nights.

This was very disappointing for my son and daughter-in-law since it was their first vacation in 14 years, and I was irate over the whole situation.

I called the Gazebo for two days to speak with the owner or manager and finally on the third day, we did speak. He apologized for the incident, knowing full well that they totally did the wrong thing, especially faxing my credit card information to someone else.

The manager did somewhat make this right, not for my son though, by sending me a certificate for two complimentary nights at the Gazebo.

I don't know that I would recommend this hotel to anyone if they can't even hold a room for you when it is prepaid.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank gwb_dance
Reviewed 26 September 2007

We take a trip to Branson every year and have stayed at the Gazebo Inn for the past 8 years. We have been pleased with our stay until this year. We were VERY disappointed. I don't know if they have new management, new owners or what - but it wasn't the same.

1st off - every time we tried to leave our room we would have to fiddle with the door handle for about 5 to 10 minutes before we could even get OUT! The card key worked fine from the outside but when we were on the inside - it was a disaster. The deadbolt would never close either. We told the desk clerk about the door and she said she would have someone take a look at it. That was the first night - and no one ever took a look at it for the 4 nights that we were there. So - everytime we left our room we had to spend a lot of time trying to get out. What if there had been a fire and we couldn't get out? We told the desk clerk this and she just looked at us like she thought we were crazy.

2nd - the continential breakfast. We didn't feel it was as good as usual but it wasn't bad. However, the lady that prepared it (named Helen - I think) was a nuisance! She was in the way - everywhere you turned. You couldn't get your food because she wouldn't get out of the way. One day we walked in and she shouted at us, "STOP RIGHT THERE!" and proceeded to tell us what there was to eat. Yes - I have eyes - I can see it. Besides, that - I had been here many times before and know how to get around. Another thing that irritated us was that she had a tip jar. I understand that people do this - but this was to be a free breakfast. You pay enough for the room without having to pay for the (free) breakfast as well. Besides, that - why pay someone that was more of a nuisance than they were good?

I think it is time for a change next year. The Branson's Best motel seems like they have good reviews and look similar in price - we might try that next year....

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank tricia_page
Reviewed 22 September 2007

The time I spent in Branson MO. was great, the shows were fantastic the people were so friendly and food very good, but what touched my heart the most was the Gazebo Inn. I just can't stop raving about it, I am so looking forward to coming back. The rooms very clean no probems at all, the property was just beautiful. Everyone made us very welcomed, but Helen made us feel like were her family. If I could I would give the Gazebo Inn 5 stars. Thank You..............................Veronica Farrell

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank limey43
Reviewed 15 September 2007

This quaint inn was absolutely perfect! The room was spotless as was the entire surrounding property. The staff was awesome...very friendly and most helpful. We expecially loved breakfast with Helen...she was the best. Made us feel like we were sitting in her own kitchen!
Would definitely stay there again and have been recommending others to do the same!

Stayed: September 2007
3  Thank sroch3032
Reviewed 6 September 2007

We stayed just one night here but found it very pleasant. The room was a generous size for the 4 of us. Everything was nice, clean and in good repair. The front desk staff was very cheerful and accomodating. The pool was a welcome, refreshing spot on a HOT afternoon. The location was great as well - just about in the middle of the strip.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank jenna2345
Reviewed 15 July 2007

We just got back from Branson having stayed 5 nights at the Gazebo Inn. This Inn is very cute, especially for girls since it looks like a dollhouse. As to the rooms, they're your average room for the price. We had a room at the back and loved it. It faced some little woods and was very private. The only problem with the rooms was the door was very hard to open (they still have keys-not keycards). Also the air conditioning is hard to get regulated. But if you put it on 60-62 degrees it works well.
As to the staff, I must say they are excellent. The maid service is especially nice. The breakfast was staffed with a very nice lady who helped us with our breakfast...which was a wide selection from cereals to oatmeal, toast, juices, milk, coffee and lots of other choices. We had a pleasant experience at the Gazebo Inn.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family