“Awesome experience!”
Review of Carriage House Inn

Carriage House Inn
Ranked #23 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We arrived to the hotel to be greated by a very helpful and friendly lady. She got us checked in an answered all of our questions too. The breakfast was hot, fresh, and very good! She reccomended restaurants and shows that were amazing. We've stayed at numerous places and this was by far the best!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank mlampley

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We enjoyed this hotel, the rooms are clean, the location is great! The hotel staff was very friendly, the breakfast was good. Special thanks to Bob and Linda (owners) for providing some great recommendations for shows and local restaurants.

1  Thank BG_LYNN2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is a great little motel in Branson. The rates are economical and to service is great. Cleanliness is outstanding. The beds are comfortable. The free breakfast is sufficient. No elevator if that is a concern. Was very impressed with the friendliness and cleanliness.
It is located off the strip, but still very close to everything. Nice quiet location. I recommend it highly.

1  Thank Loren_M86
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Let me first start by saying that for the price you will pay for this hotel it's not really fair to expect much. For $54 tax included on a holiday weekend, you can't really beat the price! If you want extras and a high quality hotel you are going to have to pay for it. So with that being said I'll start my review...

Rooms: They are basic. They do have a mini fridge and microwave, which I thought was nice (again, especially for the price!). The towels and lines are awful! The towels are so rough and the sheets are thin. The mattress was comfortable but with the awful sheets it just made for a scratchy night. I think this place would really benefit from some new sheets!! The room was not dirty but also not the cleanest it could have been. The main areas were clean but behind the bed and under the bed was super dirty. Our little girls dropped her toy so we had to look and we were surprised to find pistachio shells all under our bed! Yuck! We had already stayed the night and were leaving when we found them. The bathroom needs major upgrades! It was clean in the tub and toilet but the faucets and shower head were rusty with a thin line of mold around the top of the ceiling right above the shower head. I think the cleaning staff needs trained a little better and the hotel needs to work on getting better linens...it would make a world of difference. Also when you get there you will see a list of things that are in the room and also a price in case one comes up missing. It made me feel like I needed to count all the towels because as it stated you will be charged if one comes up missing. Not the most welcoming feeling...I would never take something anyways but you would think this was high quality stuff they would be losing...not that it's ever ok to steal! Overall I would say the room was pretty average though...nothing above and not much below.

Breakfast: I read great reviews before we went about the wonderful breakfast and friendly staff. I saw neither. We had a very average breakfast, about the same you get at any hotel. It wasn't bad and it was stocked and fresh but it wasn't extra ordinary. There was only 1 person working in the breakfast area when we were there and she wasn't as inviting as I had expected after reading the review. She also seemed like the average worker just doing her job...which is fine with me but after reading the other reviews I think I expected more. No big deal for us though just thought I would let "you" know because I had almost wished I hadn't read about it before because it left me expecting more.

Pool: The pool was warm. It is very small and you have to go to the front desk for the towels. The area was clean enough for a pool room...just don't expect a sparkling pool to jump in to.

Overall, like I said this is an average hotel. It was ok for the price we paid...but I wouldn't have wanted to pay a penny more for what we got! If your going and aren't going to be in the room often this would probably be a good place to say because it's so cheap!...just don't expect anything more than average!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BigBransonLover
Reviewed 6 September 2013

we were supposed to have reservations for a smoking room,but they screwed up our reservations. the room could have been cleaner and the carpets were thread bare with nails at the edges. there continental breakfast was biscuts and gravy and fruit every day.

1  Thank Beth W
GuessWho007, Owner at Carriage House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

I am sorry your reservation was not as you had expected. We make every effort to have complete accuracy in our reservations and will fix unexpected problems immediately if possible. Your reservation was received by fax from a local time share company and filled exactly as requested. The faxed reservation request a non-smoking room and we provided a copy to you at check-in. The error was not ours. We would have gladly moved you to a smoking room if one was available. The carpet is three years old and definitely not worn. Our complimentary breakfast includes: 2 types of cold cereal, oatmeal, grits, biscuits & gravy, wonderful fresh donuts every morning, tropical fruit, bagels, cream cheese, toast, orange juice, strawberry kiwi, coffee, tea and cocoa. We get compliments daily on the cleanliness of our rooms. If we miss anything please let us know immediately so we may fix the problem.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Super clean rooms and at a great price. The location was great.
The breakfast could be better. There was a small fridge int the room.
The staff was super friendly. Don't hesitate to book here. Overall, it was worth it.

Thanks!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sanclemente67
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Good location - it is on the ''yellow' road in Branson. So you have the advantage of neither being in the middle of the traffic chaos, or too far away from everything. I was impressed with the hotel, it is the budget end, but you would not have known it -great service, decent size room and bathroom, very comfortable bed, good decoration, clean, lots of towels. The staff were very impressive, very friendly and helpful from checking to breakfast to room staff. Nothing was too much bother.
Check in was easy. We arrived about 9.30 and the room was not ready (check out is at 12), so the reception staff took our number and we went off for a coffee, and about 20 minutes later the room was ready and so we did an early check in. We had a ground floor room and upgraded to the king with Jacuzzi tub for $10 more. Breakfast was fine - you had the option of eating at the hotel or a breakfast buffet at another location. The breakfast area is smaller than might be expected. Cereals (hot and cold), biscuits and gravy, do nuts (very fresh), fruit, toast, bagels etc. The swimming pool is new and clean, with some outside seating, and is in a separate building so you don't get the noise inside the hotel. We were able to walk to the winery, mini golf, and there is a spa next door and a small mall almost opposite with great ice cream/frozen custard. We were just down the road from a good Italian restaurant, and also not far from a walking trail. Being on the back road/yellow road did have advantages as we could get around and avoid some of the traffic congestion. The hotel seems to be popular and the car park was almost full. The room was quiet and the hotel was quiet. I have to say I was very impressed, and again it was great to find an inexpensive hotel that had real value for money, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple