“Excellent service & comfy room”

Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing
Ranked #28 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My 4 year old son & I had an excellent stay at the Hilton Promenade. When we walked in with our bags, we were immediately greeted by an employee asking if I needed assistance. The room was spotless & comfy. The entire staff was extremely friendly. We called room service for dinner & had to leave a message as there was no answer. When they didn't call back in 15 minutes, I called them again & was able to order. Our food was excellent. My son was so impressed he wants to live in the hotel! :-)

Room Tip: Ask the front desk, if you want a balcony that looks out on the Landing. Our balcony faced a wall. O...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My family and I (4 total) stayed at this Hilton location over Thanksgiving 2013 (8 nights). I read the reviews that stated to stay across the street at the Hilton (Convention Center) that this property was not up to par with other Hilton properties. I decided not to take the advice because this Hilton had fountain view rooms that seemed very interesting to me. Should have listened.

Good points first: Fountain view room was neat. Expensive of course, but neat to see in the evening when back in our room. Valet service/Bellmen - top notch. Great guys! Restaurant staff - fantastic!

Bad/Terrible Points: Front desk - I am a diamond member (for many years, not trying to impress, but if this is how they treat diamond members, I can definitely appreciate the negative reviews), my profile clearly states high floor away from elevator. I was put on fourth floor (not so bad, 5 floor facility), but.......right across from the elevator. There was a heating system in the closet that ran all night and kept the family up. Housekeeping: what a joke! First, I appreciate the job housekeeping performs. They truly are what keeps the customer happy. I compensate them very well ($10-5 a day). I also ensure our room is picked up each day (towels gathered up, clothes put away, vanity organized (military sorta does that to you!). Really all that they have to do is make the beds, act on any simple requests and straighten the bathroom up. Room service - ordered some food one night, did not receive it over an hour and half later, called and cancelled the order.

Needless to say, the first day we requested the sink drain be looked at (very slow draining, imagine that in a hotel room) and that the clock be set correctly (I could not figure it out for nothing). We requested more towels as only 3 big towels were in the room upon arrival (even though our reservation stated 4 people. None were addressed.

This continued all week. I actually thought they were messing with us because I shared with the front desk each time. Most mornings, no coffee left. They finally corrected the clock, the drain never changed, and they didn't get the towel issue right once even though I left a note for them each day on top of the tip. The tip was gone each day though, imagine that. Sad. I left housekeeping $10 the first day, $5 the second, and $2 the rest of the week (why, I don't know). Last day $0. They basically made the bed.

Back to front desk - Keith (supervisor) listened to my complaints and offer a bit of a credit the first time. Kayla - after about the 5th day of poor service, expressed my disappointment to her. She stated she would personally guarantee that enough towels and coffee would be left......didn't happen. Lastly there was Malinda. Malinda should be in charge of the hotel. She listed to my concerns, could not believe the terrible stay we had and acted upon the situation in the proper manner - she credited 2 nights of our stay. Personally, Hilton guarantees 100% satisfaction, so with all the shortcomings, we probably should have been credited more, but what she did was demonstrate very good customer service.

I cannot think of worse service at a Hilton property in all the years I have been staying at their family of hotels. I am not hard to please, but my advice if considering this hotel is STAY ACROSS THE STREET at the Hilton at the Convention Center!

Room Tip: Ask if there is a heating or cooling system in the closet. Ask if Housekeeping can read. Talk to Mal...
5  Thank Kenneth H
MichelScanlan, Manager at Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Ken H~

Please allow me to apologize for the total lack of housekeeping service during your visit to the Hilton Promenade. I am very interested in hearing about the expereinces of our guests especially when expectations are not met. As a Diamond member you have become accustomed to the high level of service that is normally provided by Hilton and we did not live up to that reputation. I value your opinion and would like to discuss this with you. Please, at your convenience, contact me at (417)336-5500.

Michel Scanlan
Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My two teenage sons and I arrived at the Hilton on Brason Landing several hours prior to the check in time of 4pm. We were greeted with a smile and told it would be no problem to check in early! Our room overlooked the promenade and had a small balcony that was perfect for drinking hot cocoa and watching the shoppers below. Our room was very clean, spacious, and the beds were to die for! Staying on the promenade promises a good time for everyone. The teenagers can venture out on their own and the adults can shop without getting into a car. If you want to go to Tanger, it's a quick 10 minute trip taking the back way. We stayed for three days and enjoyed the many restaurants offered on the promenade, we ate at Joe's Crab Shack, Texas Land & Cattle, and had the most amazing hot cocoa at Dino's. The only negative experince we had was staying in the South, tower which I found out was across a lengthy, outdoor walkway that leads down to the promenade. I actually wasn't aware there was a South tower. Upon arriving in the room I went in search of an ice machine. There are NO ice machines in the South Tower. After calling the front desk to verify this, I put on my coat, hat, and gloves, walked over to the third floor of the North tower only to find the ice machine out of order. After my trek back to the South Tower, I then had to call room service and have ice delivered which was awkward to say the least. All in all it's our favorite hotel in Branson and we've stayed there several times and this has been our only complaint.

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We just checked out this morning and i could not agree more with the previous review. Ok so it did snow while in branson. We checked in thursday nite and had driven in the snow from stl. No biggie. We were told upon check in that the hotel restaurant was closed, there was no valet, no room service, and that we would have to empty the dishes out of the dishwasher in our room if we wanted to use them. Friday no one cleaned the room and restaurant still closed, no room service, no valet. Saturday i asked nicely if someone would clean our room and that we were out of tp, kleenex and towels. I was told no one was available to clean our room on saturday. Really?they said they would restock our supplies though which they did. The restaurant and valet finally opened on saturday also. Apparently room service was also finally available. I think when u spend 10$ a day for garage parking, and $200 a night for a room u should get a little more than just a room with no services or food in the vicinity.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Neelydunbar
MichelScanlan, Manager at Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Neelydunbar~

Please allow me to apologize for the lack of amenities that were available to our guests during the recent snow storm in Branson. Our amenities were severely limited due to large amount of team memebrs that was unable to make it to the hotel for two days during the storm. A letter was provided to our guests asking for their understanding during this difficult time. I do apologize if this was not clearly explained during your stay. I hope that if your future travel plans return you to Branson, you would consider staying with us again as I am confident your return stay will be what you have come to expect from Hilton.

Michel Scanlan
Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed 7 December 2013

If you want a comfortable room with a terrific view of the Branson Landing this is the hotel for you. Be aware however that you will have to clean your own room, make your own bed, bring extra bath linens from home, and provide your own ice for drinks.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Larry S
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

We had a very good experience at this hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean, and checkin/checkout was efficient. The concierge and valet parking attendants were friendly and helpful. We had no issues with waiting too long on our car with valet as some other reviews have mentioned. The fitness room was a nice surprise with various free weights, medicine balls, etc. My only two concerns: The heat/AC in the room would only adjust via temperature setting. It ran all the time and there was no way to adjust it to an auto or fan setting. Second, being seated for breakfast took almost 40 minutes and it wasn't that busy. It pushed us very close to checkout time which is 11am, not 12pm like most other Hilton Hotels.
However, we loved the hotel overall and will be staying here again during visits to Branson.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday. My room was a superior queen suite -- very large and clean. Bathroom was very large and clean as well. View from room was great. Right on the Landing, so all kinds of shops and restaurants were just steps away. Front desk staff was very helpful with shows and the valets were very helpful with maps/directions. We will definitely be staying here again!