“Horrible!”

Ranked #134 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Eastern Oklahoma
“Horrible!”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

The room was really clean...however it was horrible. Bed was awful, wallpaper peeling, sink cracked, and the toilet tilted. Half the room didn't have wallpaper border, looked like a kid had peeled part of the wall apart in the bathroom. The bed reminded me of something from a prison movie. Staff was friendly and the place was quiet. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $15 and stay somewhere decent!

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Owen-Deanne
James S, General Manager at Candlelight Inn, responded to this review, 13 September 2014
I'm Very Sorry You Had That Experience With Your Stay In Branson But I Believe You Must have Stayed @ The Queen Anne I As The Queen Anne II Has Not Been Open Until June Of 2014 But We Would Love To Have You As Our Guest @ The Queen Anne II Just Give Us A Call @ 417-544-0156 To See What We Can Do For You On Your Next Trip To Branson .

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2008

If you want cheap this is the way to go. If you want neat, clean, upgraded go elsewhere. The grass was knee high. The outside was in need of repair. I would not recommend this place at all.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank Posum

Travellers are raving about these Branson hotels

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 October 2007

Oh my gosh!!! This has got to be the worst place in Branson to stay. We have been going to Branson for 20 years and have stayed many place. We decided to go at the last minute during a busy weekend and this was the only place we could find. I wish we would have stayed home. The exterior is old and needs to be repainted. The furniture in the rooms was old and worn. I didn't even sit in the chairs because they were filthy. The TV set was from the 1970's and only gave a fuzzy picture and the walls were dirty. Housekeeping came in and left towels but didn't fix our bed or empty the trash. The staff was fairly friendly.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Eveything Else
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank ousoonergirl1
MISSOURI
Reviewed 5 September 2007

This hotel was horrible and the owner was very rude. The beds were hard, the pillows flat, and the room just had a terrible odor to it. Nothing pleasant about it.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank LILBIT66
missouri
Reviewed 4 September 2007

After booking the hotel. I read the reviews, I have to say I was
a little worried. But I was taught not to take others word for the
truth. So when I arrived. I was not expecting much. The owners
were real nice and went out of there way. Some of the reviews
said there was no remote in the room. Well that's because
some of the quests took it home. The cigarettes butt's on
the ground are because some guests throw them down.
Seems to me that people would take care of there own trash.
It would be a better world.
As for the hotel room was very clean and big. The breakfast
was good. I plan on going back.

• Liked — comfort
  • Disliked — hot water too hot
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank patulie
Palatine Illinois
Reviewed 16 July 2007

When We pulled in I saw so many beat up cars in the lot. Then I walked around and found an old A/C unit laying in the walkway to the pool it looked like it had been there for a while and there was a broken refrigerator outside upstairs where any child can play with these items and get hurt. again it lookes like it has been there a while. There was garbage and lots of cigarette butts all over the place. The owner was real nice to us until we had to check out early.
We checked out at 10:50 am and their checkout time is 11:00. He said in a fast pace that he is charging us for that day and no taxes or rental charges not used will not be refunded. One of the employees said He is screwing someone else again! They make you pay upfront. It
is illeagal to charge for services and taxes not rendered. We were glad to leave because there are transient people also living in those
rooms. Finally what really made me leave early was I overheard the owner screaming at one of his employees about a paycheck. He was over
a week late paying his employees and still had the nerve to scream at
them. They did not see me because I was standing around the corner. The Qween Anne II has clean up its act or get out of the hotel business.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank wdudfm
dallas
Reviewed 9 July 2007

Beware.....there are NO pictures of rooms.....for good reason! The rooms are filthy along the baseboards, no shampoo, dirty doors, wallpaper coming down. Window opens but has no screen. The carpet was filthy and worn out. We wore our shoes in the room the entire time when walking around.

Also, they won't let you cancel without 48 hours cancellation and by then you're there and stuck!

The breakfast is donuts and toast with peanut butter. The toaster did not brown the toast........it did not work.

The owner was burning 3+ sticks of incense at the counter when we were checking out --

• Liked — Absolutely nothing!
  • Disliked — Filthy motel..........would NOT recommend at all.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family