“It was nice and quiet”

missouri
“It was nice and quiet”
Reviewed 4 September 2007

After booking the hotel. I read the reviews, I have to say I was
a little worried. But I was taught not to take others word for the
truth. So when I arrived. I was not expecting much. The owners
were real nice and went out of there way. Some of the reviews
said there was no remote in the room. Well that's because
some of the quests took it home. The cigarettes butt's on
the ground are because some guests throw them down.
Seems to me that people would take care of there own trash.
It would be a better world.
As for the hotel room was very clean and big. The breakfast
was good. I plan on going back.

• Liked — comfort
  • Disliked — hot water too hot
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank patulie

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Palatine Illinois
Reviewed 16 July 2007

When We pulled in I saw so many beat up cars in the lot. Then I walked around and found an old A/C unit laying in the walkway to the pool it looked like it had been there for a while and there was a broken refrigerator outside upstairs where any child can play with these items and get hurt. again it lookes like it has been there a while. There was garbage and lots of cigarette butts all over the place. The owner was real nice to us until we had to check out early.
We checked out at 10:50 am and their checkout time is 11:00. He said in a fast pace that he is charging us for that day and no taxes or rental charges not used will not be refunded. One of the employees said He is screwing someone else again! They make you pay upfront. It
is illeagal to charge for services and taxes not rendered. We were glad to leave because there are transient people also living in those
rooms. Finally what really made me leave early was I overheard the owner screaming at one of his employees about a paycheck. He was over
a week late paying his employees and still had the nerve to scream at
them. They did not see me because I was standing around the corner. The Qween Anne II has clean up its act or get out of the hotel business.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank wdudfm
dallas
Reviewed 9 July 2007

Beware.....there are NO pictures of rooms.....for good reason! The rooms are filthy along the baseboards, no shampoo, dirty doors, wallpaper coming down. Window opens but has no screen. The carpet was filthy and worn out. We wore our shoes in the room the entire time when walking around.

Also, they won't let you cancel without 48 hours cancellation and by then you're there and stuck!

The breakfast is donuts and toast with peanut butter. The toaster did not brown the toast........it did not work.

The owner was burning 3+ sticks of incense at the counter when we were checking out --

• Liked — Absolutely nothing!
  • Disliked — Filthy motel..........would NOT recommend at all.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank realtorDallas