“Great Food!!”

Ranked #49 of 389 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Excellent BBQ! Highly Recommended. Great service. They have a varied menu. It is located right next to the Titannic Museum.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,674)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We wanted a nice steak dinner and were told by a local to go to Montana Mike's. We were not impressed. The atmosphere in the restaurant was that of a cheap Sirloin Stockade and it was very dated but unfortunately our bill did not reflect that. For what we spent there we could have gone to eat at a nice restaurant. Drinks were served in cheap plastic cups. We ordered the onion rings as an appetizer and they were just average. Our salads that came with our meals were that which you would get from a fast food restaurant and the French dressing looked as though it had been watered down, the croutons were so hard you could break a tooth. I ordered the rib-eye steak, medium rare, with sweet potato fries. The steak was cooked just as I requested and pretty tasty thus the two stars but the sweet potato fries were terrible and I didn't eat them. The dinner roll that came with my meal was very good and I enjoyed that. The only decent part of my meal was the steak and the roll. My daughter ordered the fettucinne alfredo and it tasted as if it was one of the frozen dinners you can buy in the grocery store. The worst part of our meal was the bill. Overall we were not impressed at all and next time we visit Branson we will skip Montana Mike's and go to Texas Land and Cattle Steakhouse as we had originally planned and see if that fares better. At least the atmosphere there will be better and we can watch the fountain show while we eat.

Sophia C, Owner at Montana Mike's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

We're very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your recent visit, but we thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Although we strive to provide quality food at a great price, it's clear we fell short during your visit. We'll be sure to share your feedback with our staff to make any necessary changes.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I started with pretzel sticks which were served quickly and very good. I ordered the ribeye and button mushrooms with salad. The salad was out before we had finished the pretzels and the meal was out before our salads were consumed - FAST service. The mushrooms were okay and steak good, but not great. It was satisfying enough. We were seated in the bar with tvs so we were happy to watch the Cardinal's game during our meal. Nothing special, but nice - and quick.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I browsed tripadvisor for a good local steakhouse (of course) and chose Montana Mike's. They have a nice variety of steaks, and I chose the one-pound T-bone, which seemed to be one of their more premium steaks. I asked for medium rare with a baked potato and salad.

Salad was quite good, fresh and crisp. The baked potato well prepared. The steak? Not so great. While it was properly prepared for doneness, the quality of this particular cut just didn't come up to par with those I fix at home from my annual side of beef. The steak had a pretty healthy strip of fat -- no problem. However, the gristle in several parts were just disappointing. When the waiter came to start clearing the table, he asked if I was still working on my steak. I told him, "No, I can't eat what's left. It's too gristly." He took a closer look as he raised my plate and said, "Oh yeah, I see."

Tsk, tsk, tsk. When you put steak into your restaurant name, you should serve only top quality cuts.

Admittedly, my son's junior sirloin was gristle-free, probably a better cut than my T-bone. It also was cheaper than my T-bone. And the grilled chicken the rest of my party had was tasty and tender.

Nevertheless, the next time I go for steak in Branson, it won't be at Montana Mike's.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Just wasn't real thrilled with the steak myself and husband. For one thing they serve on Black Angus and we are not fans of the meat itself. But everything else was great. Along with service.

Been to Montana Mike's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!